Current Affairs March 2015 PDF: Current Affairs March 2015 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs March 2015 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Name the king of Saudi Arabia who passed away recently?
Answer: Abdullah bin Abdulaziz
2. Who won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature?
Answer: Jhumpa Lahiri (Novel-The Low land)
3. Which Indian sociologists was appointed to the advisory panel to review UN Peace Building Architecture?
Answer: Saraswati Menon
4. The RBI recently lifted the ban on carrying Indian currency notes of Rs. 1000 and Rs. 500 to and from which neighbouring countries?
Answer: Nepal and Bhutan
5. Who won the inaugural Khushwant Singh Memorial Prize for Poetry?
Answer: Arundhathi Subramaniam
6. India decided to provide Rs. 1500 crore to the Pancheshwar multi purpose project on which river in Nepal?
Answer: Mahakali river
7. Who became the first woman to lead the ceremonial guard of honour at the Rashtrapati Bhavan?
Answer: Wing Commander Pooja Thakur. She led the Guard of Honour for the US President Barack Obama.
8. How many persons were conferred Padma Awards this year?
Answer: 104 (Padma Vibhushan-9, Padma Bhushan-20, Padma Shri-75)
9. Edgar Lungu was sworn in as the president of which African country?
10. Who won the Miss Universe 2015 title?
Answer: Paulina Vega (Columbia)
11. Major Mukund Varadarajan and Naik Neeraj Kumar Singh have been posthumously awarded which peacetime military honour?
Answer: Ashok Chakra
12. The Church of England ended its male domination by appointing which person as the first female bishop?
Answer: Libby Lane
13. Which popular cartoonist, illustrator and humorist, known for the creation, The Common Man, passed away recently?
Answer: R.K Laxman
14. Who was the chief guest at the 66th Republic Day celebrations?
Answer: Barack Obama
15. Name the Chief Justice of Sri Lanka who was recently reinstated, after she had been removed from office by the former President Mahindra Rajapakse in 2013?
Answer: Shirani Bandaranayake
16. Rajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh took over the additional charge of the Governor of which state?
Answer: Himachal Pradesh
17. Which veteran Malayalam actor who acted in close to 400 film, passed away on 28 January?
Answer: Mala Aravindan
18. Name the Foreign Secretary of India whose tenure has been curtailed by the Government of India?
Answer: Sujatha Singh, Subrmanyan Jaishankar has been appointed as the new Foreign Secretary.
19. Name the freedom fighter and martyr whose 150th birth anniversary was observed on 28 January?
Answer: Lala Lajpat Rai
20. Which two states shared the Gold Cup at the 55th State School Arts Festival?
Answer: Kozhikode and Palakkad.
21. Chile has decided to reopen an investigation into the death of which eminent writer and Nobel literature?
Answer: Pablo Neruda.
22. Which airport is set to open the world’s first ever terminal exclusively for animals?
Answer: John F. Kennedy Airport, New York
23. Where was the 2015 Kerala State Science Congress held?
24. Who won the singles titles in the Syed Modi International India Masters Badminton Tournament?
Answer: Women’s Singles-Saina Nehwal.
Men’s Singles-P. Kashyap.
25. Name the Indian women’s cricket team captain, who was awarded Padma Shri this year?
Answer: Mithali Raj
26. Name the Bollywood actors who received the 2014 Padma Vibhushan?
Answer: Dileep Kumar and Amitabh Bachhan
27. Which former Chief Minister of Punjab was conferred the 2014 Padma Vibhushan?
Answer: Prakash Singh Badal
28. Who received the 2014 Padma Vibhushan under the discipline, Science and Engineering?
Answer: Prof. M.R Sreenivasan
29. Name the foreigner who received Padma Vibhushan this year?
Answer: Prince karim Al Husseini Aga Khan
30. International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust was observed on ……………?
Answer: January 27
31. Who won the 2015 Australian open Men’s Singles title?
Answer: Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
32. Sergio Mattarella was sworn in as the new President of which European country?
33. Which country test fired its cruise missile Ra’ad?
34. World Wetlands Day was observed on …………….?
Answer: February 2
35. Who is the new head of the UN Human Rights Council panel for inquery into the 2014 Gaza conflict?
Answer: mary Mc Gowan
36. As per the recent report of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, which country emerged as the top destination for foreign direct investment (FDI)?
37. Which renowned chemist, known as the father of birth control pill, passed away recently?
Answer: Carl Djerassi
38. In which state was the Surajkund International Crafts fair held?
39. Who heads the high level panel constituted by the Reserve Bank of India on Urban co-operative Banks?
Answer: R. Gandhi, He is currently the Deputy Governor of RBI
40. After Punjab, Delhi and Andhra Pradesh, which is the fourth state to give permission to conduct field trials of genetically modified (GM) crops?
41. The RIC Forum, which had its meeting in February first week, consists of which nations?
Answer: Russia, India and China
42. The first large scale human trials of the experimental vaccines of Ebola have begun in which country?
43. Which Malaysian player created record by being world No.1 in women’s squash for the successive 106 months?
Answer: Nicol David
44. What was the name of the National Theatre festival held in Delhi, organized by the National School of Drama?
Answer: Bharat Rang Mahotsav
45. The canisterised version of which missile was recently successfully test fired by India?
46. Name the former DRDO chief who has been appointed full-time member of NITI Aayog?
Answer: V.K Saraswat
47. Krishna Chaudhary has been appointed Director General of which central armed police force?
Answer: Indo Tibetan Border Police
Other new National Level Appointments: Chairman of Sangeet Natak Akademi- Sekhar Sen, Chairman of Hindustan Aeronautics Linited-T. Suvarna Raju
48. Who has been appointed chairman of the African Union?
Answer: Robert Mugabe
49. Name the founder of the Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) who passed away recently?
Answer: Subhash Ghishing
50. Packaging of food grains and sugar using which material has been made mandatory by the Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs?
51. The central government has decided to sell up to how much percentage of the shares in Coal India Limited?
52. The Maharashtra government has recently decided to buy London House, the three story bungalow situated on 10, king Henry Road, London. What is special about this bungalow?
Answer: B.R Ambedkar lived in this house during 1921-22.
53. Which cricketer created record by affecting the most number (474) of dismissals in ODI as a wicket keeper?
Answer: Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)
54. Who took over the ownership of SpiceJet from Kalanithi Maran and KaL Airways?
Answer: Ajay Singh
55. Scientists have recently found five earth-sized planets orbiting around which ancient star in Milky Way?
56. World Cancer Day was observed on ……………..?
Answer: February 4
57. Who is appointed as the new Union Home Secretary?
Answer: LC Goyal
58. Which Marathi novelist has been selected for the 2014 Jnanpith Award?
Answer: Balchandra Nermade
59. Who has been appointed by the United Nations as the Special Co-coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process and Personal Representative to the Palestine Liberation organization and the Palestine Authority?
Answer: Nickolay Mladenov
60. Atmaram Bhende who passed away recently, was an eminent theatre artist and film actor in which language?
61. Which Indian golfer claimed a maiden European Tour victory by winning the Malaysian open?
Answer: Anirban Lahiri
62. How many sub-groups of chief ministers have been constituted within NITI Aayog?
63. Which party won a landslide victory in the Delhi Assembly elections?
Answer: Aam Aadmi Party
64. Which eminent economists won the inaugural John Maynard Keynes Prize?
Answer: Amartya Sen
65. Which country formed a coalition government comprising of the parties named Nidaa Tounes part, Ennahda Party and the Free Patriotic Party?
66. Which public sector company signed a contract with the Indian Air Force to supply 14 Dornier-228 aircraft?
Answer: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
67. Who is appointed as the new Director General of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)?
Answer: M.O Garg
68. The 1982 painting named Nafea Faa Ipoipo (When will You Marry) has recently been sold for $300 Million, making it the most expensive work of art ever sold. Who is the painter?
Answer: Paul Gauguin
69. Which scheme, launched under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign, aims all girls under 10 years to open account in post offices or in Banks?
Answer: Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
70. Which movie won the best film award in the 68th BAFTA Awards?
71. Which is awarded the best Album of the Year in the 57th Grammy Awards?
Answer: Morning Phase by Beck Hansen
72. Which eminent journalists won the Yash Bharti samman by the Uttar Pradesh Government?
Answer: Vinod Mehta
73. Which city hosted the first World Ocean Science Congress?
74. National Deworming Day was observed on …………….?
Answer: February 10
75. Which multinational company became the first company to achieve a market capitalization of $700 billion?
76. Who won the Best Female athlete at the National games held recently?
Answer: Aakansha Vohra
77. Mohamed Beji Caid Essebsi was sworn in as the first freely elected president of which country recently?
78. Who has taken over as the new African Union Chairman recently?
Answer: Robert Mugabe
79. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 13 February 2015 said it would soon put in circulation currency notes with the denomination of re 1. Who will sign in the new 1 Rupee notes?
Answer: Finance Secretary
80. Which state will host the next 36th National Games slated for 2016?
81. Who has been appointed as the new Foreign Secretary of India?
Answer: S. Jaishankar
82. What was the main theme of the AERO India show inaugurated by Narendra Modi on Feb 18th, 2015 in Bengaluru?
Answer: Make in India
83. Name the Indian who won the prestigious Grammy awards held in February 2015?
Answer: Ricky Kej for his album Winds of Samsara in the best new age album.
84. Which Bank has launched India’s first Digital Bank “Pockets” service to allow anyone to instantly make transactions on Mobile Phone using an App on the Facebook?
Answer: ICICI Bank
85. The UN theme for International Women’s Day 2015 is “Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity. Picturing it”. On what day is International Woman’s Day celebrated?
Answer: March 8th
86. A three member Special Investigation Team (SIT) under Pramod Asthana been formed by the Ministry of Home Affairs for re-investigation of which cases?
Answer: Anti-Sikh riots of 1984
87. How many ministers have been sworn in along with Arvind Kejriwal, the new Chief Minister of Delhi?
88. India has recently signed a loan agreement worth $8 million, for sustainable livelihoods and adaptation to climate change, with which international agency?
Answer: World Bank
89. A permanent Judicial Museum was inaugurated as part of the 150th year of which High Court?
Answer: Bombay High Court
90. Name the two scientists who have been chosen for the 2014 Dr.Y. Nayudamma Memorial Award?
Answer: Tessy Thomas and Geeta Varadan
91. Which Asian country is going through a political crisis after the Houthi rebels toppled the Government and seized power?
92. Which Iranian film won the Golden Bear for the best film at the Berlin International Film Festival?
Answer: Taxi, This movie directed by Jafar Panahi
93. India has recently signed a civil nuclear co-operation deal with which neighbouring country?
Answer: Sri Lanka
94. Name the Football players who are awarded the All India Football Federation’s Player of the Year Trophy 2014?
Answer: Sunil Chhetri
95. World Radio Day was celebrated on ……………..?
Answer: February 13
96. BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired from India’s which newest destroyer warship?
Answer: INS Kolkata
97. Who won this year’s ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament held in Rotterdam, Netherlands?
Answer: Stanislas Wawrinka
98. The first Renewable Energy Global Investors Conference, Organized by the Government of India was held in which city?
Answer: new Delhi
99. Which district panchayat bagged the Swaraj Trophy, State government’s best district panchayat award, for the year 2013-14?
100. Where was the Avian Sciences and Management College established?
Answer: Thiruvizhamkunnu (Palakkad)
101. Who won the All England Badminton woman singles title for 2015 recenlty?
Answer: Carolina Marin who beat Saina Nehwal in the Final
102. In the Rail Budget 2014-15, Government has announced its plan to set up an innovation in the Indian Railways?
103. Who was appointed as the new Chairman of the National Book Trust (NBT) on 2nd March 2015?
Answer: Baldev Sharma
104. Name the first solar powered plane which is making round the world tour starting from Abu Dhabi and stopped in Ahmedabad enroute?
105. Where will the next BRICS summit be held in July 2015?