Complete Current Affairs 2014 in Questions and Answers for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India. This is the compilation of all the monthly current affairs published in 2014 at www.keralapscblog.com.
1. Which former Bihar Chief Minister was sentenced to five years imprisonment in the fodder scam case?
Answer: Lalu Prasad Yadav
2. Which organization won the Nobel Prize for Peace 2013?
Answer: Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
3. Who won the FIDE World Chess Championship 2013?
Answer: Magnus Carlsen
4. What is the name of the official match ball of FIFA World Cup 2014 to be held in Brazil?
5. Who was selected for the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration 2013?
Answer: M.S Swaminathan
6. Where was the first branch of the Bharatiya Mahila Bank inaugurated?
7. Who is the current chairman of the Indian Premier League?
Answer: Ranjib Biswal
8. …………. was named as the ‘Word of the Year 2013’ by the Oxford English Dictionary?
9. Who won the Miss Universe 2013 title?
Answer: Gabriela Isler
10. The first ‘customized pin code’ in the country was allotted to …………?
Answer: Supreme Court
11. Who has been named UNICEF’s brand ambassador for South Asia?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
12. …………….. has been declared as the first district in India with ‘Zero landless citizens’?
13. Which Indian playback singer and recipient of Dadasaheb Phalke award 2007 passed away recently?
Answer: Manna Dey
14. MAVEN, the Mars expedition spacecraft has been launched by:
15. Where was the Commonwealth Summit 2013 held?
16. The new President of the Maldives?
Answer: Abdulla Yameen
17. Which scientist who had been the winner of the Nobel Prize for Chemistry twice, passed away recently?
Answer: Frederick Sanger
18. Which nation won the 2013 Women’s Kabadi World Cup?
19. World Human Rights Day was observed on:
Answer: December 10
20. Which state’s legislative assembly has recently adopted a bill to tackle the illegal activities of Chit funds?
Answer: West Bengal
21. The Union Labour Minister of India who passed away recently?
Answer: Sis Ram Ola
22. Which Indian won the best actor award at the Dubai International Film Festival?
Answer: Irfan Khan
23. Who won the Men’s Delhi half Marathon 2013?
Answer: Atsedu Tsegay (Ethiopia)
24. Which renowned Indian painter and former chairman of the Kerala Lalit Kala Academy passed away recently?
Answer: C.N Karunakaran
25. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh for the third consecutive term?
Answer: Raman Singh (BJP)
For more January 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. Who won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2014?
Answer: Cyrus Mistry
2. The spiritual head of the Dawoodi Bohra community who passed away recently?
Answer: Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin
3. The mission newly launched by the Government of India to improve the public health care in the urban areas?
Answer: National Urban Health Mission (NUHM)
4. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways celebrated January 11 to 17 as ………… week?
Answer: Road Safety Week
5. Which legendary Bengali actress who starred in memorable Hindi films like Devdas and Aandhi passed away on January 17?
Answer: Suchitra Sen
6. Who is appointed as India’s new Commerce Secretary?
Answer: Rajeev Kher
7. India’s joint Coast Guard exercise with which country was named Sahayog Kaijin 2014?
8. The first women to be appointed as chief of the National Police Academy, Hyderabad?
Answer: Aruna Bahuguna
9. Catherine Samba Panza has been elected as the interim President of which African country?
Answer: Central African Republic
10. The new authority setup by the Government of India to advice the Railway Ministry on fare and freight rates?
Answer: Rail Tariff Authority
11. Who became the youngest person to reach South pole?
Answer: Lewis Clarke
12. Which community has recently been granted minority status by the Union Government?
13. Which country won the inaugural title of Hockey World League Final?
14. Who heads the expert committee set up by the Reserve Bank of India to review the governance of Boards of Banks in India?
Answer: P.J Nayak
15. Which phenomenon is stated to be the reason for the record low temperatures in the United States?
Answer: Polar Vortex
16. What is the name of the private information stealing virus detected in online banking transactions, by the Computer Emergency response Team – India (CERT-In)?
17. Which African nation approved a new constitution in the referendum held on January 14 and 15?
18. Who won FIFA’s Women World Player of the Year Award 2013?
Answer: Nadine Angerer (Germany)
19. The new secretary of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)?
Answer: Sudhir Gupta
20. Akhilesh Gupta has been re-elected as the president of Which Indian sports body?
Answer: Badminton Association of India (BAI)
21. Who became the first Indian wicket keeper to cross 300 dismissals in One Day Internationals?
Answer: M.S Dhoni
22. Which Indian dairy co-operative launched the country’s first ‘Milk ATM’?
23. Which Srilankan cricketer has recently joined the 11000 test runs club?
Answer: Mahela Jayawardhene
24. Hery Rajaonarimampinana has been elected as the new President of which island country?
25. Which authority has recently launched a programme to set up village level legal service clinics in every taluk in the country?
Answer: National Legal Services Authority (NALSA)
For more February 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. Which legendary bhajan singer who was popularly known as ‘Adhunik Meera’ passed away recently?
Answer: Juthika Roy
2. Which eminent Hindi writer has been selected for Vyas Samman 2013?
Answer: Vishwanath Tripathi
3. Teresa Kho has been appointed as the new country Director for India, of which international agency?
Answer: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
4. The Cloud Computing System recently launched by the Government of India is named …………..?
5. The seventh Central Pay Commission has been constituted under the chairmanship of …………..?
Answer: Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur
6. The 101st Indian Science Congress was held at …………..?
7. Who succeeded Bill Gates as the new chairman of Microsoft?
Answer: John Thompson
8. Which national tribunal has issued a ban on burning tyres in public places?
Answer: National Green Tribunal
9. Which Srilankan batsman has scored a triple century and a century in the same test recently?
Answer: Kumar Sangakkara
10. The Central Government has constituted a committee under M.P Bezbaruah to suggest measures to address concerns of the people of which region?
Answer: North East
11. The Chennai based company Sterling Resorts has recently merged with which travel and holiday company?
Answer: Thomas Cook India
12. Who is elected as the first chairman of the ICC board?
Answer: N. Sreenivasan
13. Who has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Nepal?
Answer: Sushil Koirala
14. Dr. Marco Lambertini has been appointed as the Director General of which international organization?
Answer: World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
15. Who has become the first woman to be appointed as the Additional Director of the CBI?
Answer: Archana Ramasundaram
16. Who took over as the new CEO of Microsoft?
Answer: Satya Nadella
17. Which committee has recently submitted its report on the IPL spot fixing scandal?
Answer: Justice Mudgal Committee
18. The oldest human footprints outside Africa were discovered recently in which country?
Answer: United Kingdom
19. The 2014 Winter Olympic Games were held in which Russian city?
20. Which cantilever bridge in Tamilnadu is celebrating its centenary this year?
Answer: Pamban Railway Bridge
21. The internet surveillance system to be launched by the Government of India, capable of capturing dubious voice and written message passing through various social sites, blogs, internet calls and other online forums?
22. Who is appointed as the new chief of the Broadcast Content Complaints Council (BCCC)?
Answer: Justice Mukul Mudgal
23. Who resigned as the Chief Minister of Delhi?
Answer: Arvind Kejriwal
24. World Radio Day was observed on ……………?
Answer: February 13
25. UN observed February 6 as the International Day of Zero Tolerance to which inhuman practice?
Answer: Female Genital Mutilation
For more March 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. Ibrahim Mahlab has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of ……………?
2. Who has been selected for the 2013 International Gandhi Peace Prize?
Answer: Chandi Prasad Bhatt, He is one of the pioneers of the Chipko Movement.
3. The men's singles title in the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2014 was won by ……………?
Answer: Roger Federer
4. National Science Day was observed on:
Answer: February 28
5. The city in which India's first post office savings bank ATM has been inaugurated?
6. Which movie won seven awards at the 86th Academy Awards?
Answer: Gravity, This movie has been directed by Alfonso Cuaron (Mexico). He won the best director award for the film.
7. Which nation won the most number of gold medals in the 2014 Winter Olympics?
Answer: Russia (13 Gold medals)
8. Who won the ICC under 19 World Cup 2014?
Answer: South Africa
9. Who is appointed as the new Army Director General Military Operations (DGMO)?
Answer: Lt Gen P.R Kumar
10. Who won the National Billiard Championship title?
Answer: Sourav Kothari
11. The Ennore port of Chennai has recently been renamed as …………….?
Answer: Kamarajar Port
12. Who won the Delhi Open ATP Challenger Tennis title?
Answer: Somdev Dev Varman
13. India's first electric passenger bus has been launched by which city's transport corporation?
14. Which Commission probing the Solar panel scam began its sitting in February?
Answer: Justice Sivarajan Commission
15. What is the name given to the world's fastest car, recently developed by US engineers?
Answer: Venom GT, It can achieve a maximum speed of 435 km/hr.
16. Which has become the first city in India to have free Wifi hotspots?
17. Who was named best actress in the 86th Academy Awards?
Answer: Cate Blanchette, She got the award for her role in the movie Blue Jasmine, directed by Woody Allen. Mathew Mc Conaughty won the best actor Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club.
18. Which team bagged the 68th Santosh Trophy football title?
19. Which Indian writer won the Windham Campbell Literature Prize?
Answer: Pankaj Mishra
20. International Women's Day was celebrated on:
Answer: March 8
21. World Dentist Day was observed on ……………?
Answer: March 6
22. Who is appointed as the new Governor of Kerala?
Answer: Sheila Dikshit
23. Who regained the title as world's richest person according to Forbes magazine's annual ranking of global billionaires?
Answer: Bill Gates
24. Which Indian won the SAIL-SBI Open Golf title 2014?
Answer: Rashid Khan
25. World Wildlife Day was observed on:
Answer: March 3
For more April 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. Who has been appointed as the interim President of the BCCI?
Answer: Sunil Gavaskar
2. Former Norwegian Prime Minister, Jens Stoltenberg has been named new Secretary General of which international Organisation?
Answer: North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)
3. Which team won the Deodhar Trophy cricket tournament 2014?
Answer: West Zone
4. Manuel Valls has been appointed as the next Prime Minister of which country?
5. The World Health Organisation has recently declared that India and 10 other Asian countries are free of which disease?
6. Which e-mail service developed by Paul Buchheit celebrated its tenth anniversary on April 1, 2014?
7. Who won this year’s Candidates Chess Championship?
Answer: Viswanathan Anand
8. Andrej Kiska has won the recently held Presidential election in which central European country?
9. World Autism Awareness Day was observed on ……………
Answer: April 2
10. D.K Pathak was appointed as the new Director General of ……………
Answer: Border Security Force (BSF)
11. The Reserve Bank of India has given ‘In Principle’ banking licenses to …………… and ………….
Answer: Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC) and Bandhan Financial Services Ltd.
12. Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca was sworn in as the President of which Southern European country located in the Mediterranean Sea?
13. The Reserve Bank of India has adopted ………… as the key measure of calculating inflation
Answer: Consumer Price Index (CPI), The RBI had earlier given more weightage to Wholesale Price Index as the key measure of inflation for all policy matters.
14. Which Indian shooter has clinched the World No.1 spot in the 10 meters air pistol event?
Answer: Heena Sidhu
15. India’s second navigational satellite recently launched from Sriharikota
16. The hi-tech satellite launched by Europe to monitor Earth for climate change and environmental damage and help disaster relief operations.
17. Which two U.S newspapers shared the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service this year, for their articles on the National Security Agency’s secret surveillance activities based on the leaks of Edward Snowden?
Answer: The Washington Post and The Guardian
18. Which Indian born poet won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize in the poetry category?
Answer: Vijay Seshadri. He got the award for the collection of poems named 3 Sections.
19. The Supreme Court of India has recently recognized the third gender status for ……….
20. Which Indian businessman was honoured by ‘Knight Grand Cross’, one of UK’s highest civilian awards?
Answer: Ratan Tata
21. Who was appointed as the Chairman of NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies) for 2014-15?
Answer: R. Chandrasekaran.
22. Who got Millennium Technology Prize 2014?
Answer: Professor Stuart Parkin
23. The book Crusader or Conspirator? Coalgate and Other Truths is written by …………….
Answer: P.C Parekh
24. World Haemophilia Day was observed on …………….
Answer: April 17
25. AbdelAziz Bouteflika secured a fourth term as the President of which African country?
For more May 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. Former IAF chief, Norman Anil Kumar Browne has recently been appointed as India‟s ambassador to which country?
2. What is the name of the HAL (Hindustan Aeronautical Limited) made Dornier light-weight aircraft, handed over to Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)?
3. Who won UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2014?
Answer: Ahmet Sik
4. What is the name given to India‟s first indigenously developed beyond visual-range air-to-air missile?
5. International Workers Day was observed on:
Answer: May 1
6. Sania Mirza won the women‟s doubles title at the WTA Portugal Open, along with which Zimbabwean player?
Answer: Cara Black
7. World‟s highest tunnel for high speed train has been opened in which country?
8. Which Indian shooter has reached the third spot in International Shooting Sport Federation ranking in the men‟s trap shooting?
Answer: Manavjit Singh Sandhu
9. Which African country has purchased 3,400 India made Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) for use in the Presidential Election there?
10. Who heads the Special investigation Team (SIT), reconstituted by the Supreme Court to probe into cases related to black money?
Answer: Justice M.B Shah
11. Alan Mulally who has recently announced his retirement, is currently the CEO of which automobile company?
12. In which state is the Rakhigarhi village situated, where a granary built during the Harappan was discovered recently?
13. India reached the no.1 position in the ICC Twenty 20 ranking on May 1, replacing which country?
14. Which Academy award winning Hollywood actor stepped down as the UN „Messenger for Peace‟ after 6 years in position?
Answer: George Clooney
15. Juan Carlos Varela has won the presidential election in which North American country?
16. Which American economist and Nobel Prize winner of 1992 passed away on May 3?
Answer: Gary Becker
17. Around 2700 people were killed in the landslides that took place in which neighbouring country?
18. Which terrorist organization has kidnapped approximately 276 female students from a secondary school in Chibook, a town in Nigeria?
Answer: Boko Haram
19. Alenka Bratusek, who resigned from her post recently, was the Prime Minister of which European country?
20. Who won the World Snooker Championship 2014?
Answer: Mark Selby
21. Who has become the first woman to command a UN Peace Keeping Force?
Answer: Kristin Lund (Norway)
22. Who has been appointed as India‟s new Army Chief?
Answer: Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh Suhag.
23. Dr. Sudhamani Amma S and Sharmila K from Kerala have been conferred which award by the President of India recently?
Answer: National Florence Nightingale Awards 2014.
24. Which Tennis player won the men‟s singles title in the Madrid Open?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
25. Who has been crowned World Snooker Player of the Year?
Answer: Ronnie O‟Sullivan
26. What is the name of the newly launched indigenous card payment network?
For more June 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. Which team won the Indian Premier League 2014?
Answer: Kolkata Knight Riders
2. BG Srinivas has recently resigned as the president and board member of which company?
3. Who has been appointed as India’s National Security Advisor?
Answer: Ajith Kumar Doval
4. The new Ministry created by the Government of India?
Answer: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
5. As per the latest announcement by the US president, the American troops will remain in Afghanistan till which year?
6. Who has been selected as the goodwill ambassador for the 25th National Games?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
7. Sanchez Ceren has been sworn in as the President of which Latin American country?
Answer: El Salvador
8. World No-Tobacco Day was observed on …………?
Answer: May 31
9. Who is appointed as the new Attorney General of India?
Answer: Mukul Rohatgi
10. Who tops the Forbes list of world’s 100 most powerful women?
Answer: Angela Merkel
11. Peter Mutharika has won the recently held presidential election in which African country?
12. The army chief of Thailand who has recently captured power in the country?
Answer: General Prayuth Chan-ocha
13. Who has been appointed as the pro-term Speaker of the new Lok Sabha?
Answer: Kamal Nath
14. The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has started drilling an exploratory well in which basin in Tamilnadu?
15. Sultan Azlan Shah, who passed away recently, was known as the pioneer of which game in Malaysia?
16. Which company has acquired Network18 Media?
Answer: Reliance Industries Ltd.
17. Who has been appointed as the Principal Secretary to Prime Minister?
Answer: Nripendra Mishra
18. Vineet Taneja has been appointed as the CEO of which Indian company?
19. Who has been elected as the President of Egypt?
Answer: Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
20. Which American author and civil rights activist who wrote I Know why the Caged Bird Sings passed away on May 28?
Answer: Maya Angelou
21. Which village in Nagaland has been declared as the country’s first tobacco-free village?
22. As per the Andhra Pradesh reorganization Act 2014, Hyderabad will be the joint capital of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for how many years?
23. World Blood Donor Day was observed on ……….?
Answer: June 14
24. Which Malayalam writer was selected for the Moortidevi Award for 2013?
Answer: C. Radhakrishnan. He got the award for his novel, Theekkadal Kadanju Thirumadhuram.
25. Which Legislative Assembly passed a bill prohibiting dance bars in hotels all over the state?
For more July 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. Which Indian shuttler clinched the women’s title at the Australian Badminton Open Super series?
Answer: Saina Nehwal
2. Name the newly elected president of the European Union?
3. Which Indian Sand artist won the People’s Choice Prize at the World Cup of Sand Sculpting 2014?
Answer: Sudarshan Pattnai
4. Which Indian won the IBSF 6-Red World Snooker title?
Answer: Pankaj Advani
5. Name the rocket, carrying five foreign satellites, which was launched by ISRO on June 30?
Answer: PSLV C-23
6. The Union Government has decided not to permit visa-free entry to the nationals of which neighbouring country?
7. Who is appointed as the Chairman of the International Cricket Council?
Answer: N. Srinivasan
8. Name the two public sector enterprises which were granted Navratna status recently? Answer: Engineers India Ltd (EIL) and National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC).
9. Who is appointed as the chairman of Coal India Limited?
Answer: A.K Dubey
10. The United States named a mountain in Antarctica after which Indian American Scientist?
Answer: Akhouri Sinha
11. The Governor of West Bengal who resigned recently?
Answer: M. K Narayanan
12. Name the world’s largest international maritime warfare exercise, held from June 26 to August 1?
Answer: RIMPAC (Rim of the Pacific Exercise)
13. National Doctor’s Day was observed on:
Answer: July 1
14. Who won the Liberty Medal 2014?
Answer: Malala Yousaf Zai
15. Which National Museum in Hederabad is celebrating its 125th anniversary this year? Answer: Salar Jung Museum
16. The Government of Rajasthan has declared …………. as their state animal?
17. Name the Indian shooter who is currently ranked No.1 in the 10 meter air pistol category?
Answer: Jitu Rai
18. The veteran of the historic Punnapra Vayalar uprising who passed away recently? Answer: P.K Chandranandan
19. Which deadly virus has recently spread in West Africa, causing hundred’s of deaths? Answer: Ebola
20. Which actress of Harry Potter movie series was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for UN Women?
Answer: Emma Watson
21. Who won the Wimbledon Men’s Singles title 2014?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
22. The recently inaugurated Uri-II hydropower project across the Jhelum River is located in which Indian state?
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir
23. Who clinched the Women’s Singles title in the 2014 Wimbledon Tennis championship?
Answer: Petra Kvitova
24. Who headed the committee to review the methodology for measurement of poverty which submitted its report to the Union Government?
Answer: C Rangarajan
25. Who became the top goal scorer ever in FIFA World Cup?
Answer: Miroslav Klose (Germany)
For more August 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. India bagged how many gold medals in the 20th Commonwealth Games held in Glasgow?
2. Who won gold in the men’s badminton singles in the Commonwealth Games?
Answer: Paruppalli Kashyap
3. Who is appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor?
Answer: Arvind Gupta
4. Name the Foreign Office Minister of Britain who resigned from the Government in protest against Britain’s policy on Gaza?
Answer: Sayeeda Warsi
5. Justice Manjula Chellur has recently been appointed as the Chief Justice of which high court?
6. Which eminent cartoonist, who created the character ‘Chacha Chaudhary’, passed away on 5th August?
Answer: Pran Kumar Sharma
7. Who won gold medal in men’s discus throw in the Commonwealth Games?
Answer: Vikas Gowda
8. Which public sector company was recently accorded Navaratna status?
Answer: Container Corporation of India Limited (CONCOR)
9. Name the non-governmental organization from Pakistan which won the Magsaysay Award 2014?
Answer: The Citizen Foundation.
10. Who created record of the fastest serve in women’s tennis?
Answer: Sabine Lisicki (Germany)
11. The hundred years of the outbreak of the World War I was observed on:
Answer: August 4
12. Who received this year’s Copley Medal, given by the Royal Society of London?
Answer: Alec Jeffreys
13. International Day of Friendship was observed on:
Answer: July 30
14. Government of India has raised the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in defence sector to …………… percent?
15. Who has recently been removed from the post of the Governor of Mizoram?
Answer: Kamala Beniwal
16. Egypt has started the work of a new canal alongside which 145 year old artificial waterway?
Answer: Suez Canal
17. What is the brand name of the new airline launched as a joint venture between Tata Group and Singapore Airlines?
18. Who has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Iraq?
Answer: Haider Al Abadi
19. Andhra Pradesh has decided to make which city as its ad hoc capital?
20. Which Indian origin mathematician was awarded the Fields Medal 2014?
Answer: Manjul Bhargava
21. Which German footballer, who holds a record of 16 World Cup Goals, has recently announced his retirement?
Answer: Miroslav Klose
22. Name the three persons who received the outstanding parliamentarian awards recently?
Answer: Arun Jaitley (2010), Karan Singh (2011), Sharad Yadav (2012)
23. World Elephant Day was observed on:
Answer: August 12
24. Which Oscar winning actor and comedian passed away recently?
Answer: Robin Williams
25. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the Expenditure Management Commission?
Answer: Bimal Jalan
For more September 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. Maya Rao, who passed away recently, was a pioneering dancer in which dance form?
2. Which eminent historian, who wrote the book, The Making of Modern India; From Marx to Gandhi, passed away recently?
Answer: Bipan Chandra
3. Name the new scheme launched by the Government of India to cover all households in the country with banking facilities?
Answer: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
4. Name the new Governor of Kerala?
Answer: P. Sathasivam
5. Who heads the panel, constituted by the Finance Ministry to access the unclaimed deposits in the Public Provident Fund (PPF) accounts and Post Office saving schemes?
Answer: H.R Khan
6. Which Latin American nation is set to become the first country in the world to create its own digital currency?
7. Which ancient University in Bihar was reopened after it had been ruined 800 years ago?
8. The Department of Telecom has fixed June 2015 as deadline for the merger of which telecom company with BSNL?
Answer: Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL).
9. Which writer from Bangladesh has been granted one year visa for staying in India?
Answer: Tasleema Nasreen
10. Who is appointed as the new Chief Justice of India?
Answer: Justice Handyala Lakshminarayana swamy Dattu
11. Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland has recently set a workd record in which event?
Answer: Women’s Hammer Throw
12. Which South African fast bowler and world’s oldest surviving test cricketer passed away recently?
Answer: Norman Gordon
13. International Day against Nuclear Tests was observed on:
Answer: August 27
14. International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances was observed on:
Answer: August 30
15. Name India’s largest offshore patrol vessel, commissioned into Indian Navy?
Answer: INS Sumitra
16. Who has been appointed by the Government of India as interlocutor for the Nagaland peace talks?
Answer: R.N Ravi
17. Who won the inaugural title of the Pro Kabaddi League?
Answer: Jaipur Pink Panthers
18. Who has recently set a world record in the 50 km walk by clocking 3 hours, 32 minutes and 33 seconds?
Answer: Yohan Diniz (France)
19. Which eminent Telugu movie maker, painter and cartoonist, popularly known as Bapu, passed away on 31 August?
Answer: Sattiraju Lakshminarayana
20. The Asian Hockey Federation has named which Indian player as the Junior Men Player of the Year?
Answer: Manpreet Singh
21. National Sports Day was celebrated on:
Answer: August 29. This day marks the birth day of Dhyan Chand.
22. Name the rowing coach who received the Dronacharya award (Lifetime Achievement) this year?
Answer: Jose Jacob.
23. Name the three sports persons who won Dhyan Chand Award this year?
Answer: Gurmail Singh (Hockey), K.P Thakkar (Swimming-diving) and Zeeshan Ali (Tennis).
24. Which Indian has been appointed as the Executive Director of the World Bank?
Answer: Subhash Chandra Garg
25. International Literacy Day was observed on:
Answer: September 8
For more October 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. Which region under Spain has decided to hold a referendum on independence?
2. Who was sworn in as the new President of Afghanistan?
Answer: Ashraf Ghani
3. What was the name of the combined military training exercise, held in Uttarakhand recently, between India and the U.S?
Answer: Yudh Abhyas 2014
4. National Voluntary Blood Donation Day was observed on …………..?
Answer: October 1
5. Which social networking site by Google was permanently shut down on September 30?
6. What is the 2014 theme of the International Day for Older Persons (October 1)?
Answer: ‘Leaving No One Behind: Promoting a Society for All’.
7. World Animal Day was observed on …………..?
Answer: October 4
8. Which team won this year’s Champion’s League Twenty-20 Title?
Answer: Chennai Super Kings
9. Which Bollywood actor received Global Biodiversity Award 2014 by the Rainbow Foundation?
Answer: Shah Rukh Khan
10. World Heart Day was observed on …………….?
Answer: September 29
11. Who was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu?
Answer: O. Panneer Selvam
12. Gunners Day was observed on ……………….?
Answer: September 28
13. Which United States newspaper has issued an apology for its racist cartoon on India’s Mars Mission?
Answer: The New York Times
14. Who is appointed chairman of the Competition Appellate Tribunal (COMPAT)?
Answer: Justice G.S Singhvi
15. Which country won gold in the Men’s hockey gold medal at the 17th Asian Games?
16. What is the theme of this year’s World Teachers Day (October 5)?
Answer: ‘Invest in Future, Invest in Teachers’
17. Who won the Japanese F1 Grand Prix this year?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
18. Who shared this year’s Nobel Prize for Medicine “for their discoveries of cells that constitute a positioning system in the brain”?
Answer: John O’ Keefe, May Britt Moser and Edward I Moser.
19. Who is appointed as the Chairman of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)?
Answer: Hemant Contractor
20. Seema Punia won gold in which event in the Asian Games 2014?
Answer: Discus Throw
21. Who won Sania Mirza’s partner in winning gold in the mixed doubles category in tennis in the Asian games?
Answer: Saketh Myneni
22. Which new category of three wheeled vehicles has been given permission by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, to ply in New Delhi?
23. International Day of Non-Violence was observed on …………….?
Answer: October 2
24. Which Indian boxer who lost in the Asian Games semi-final in a controversial judgement, refused to accept her bronze medal at the awarding ceremony?
Answer: L. Saritha Devi
25. World Habitat Day was observed on …………….?
Answer: October 6
For more November 2014 Current Affairs Questions and Answers Download the free PDF file. See the Link at bottom of the page.
1. The BCCI has extended the tenure of which former cricketer as the Director of Indian Cricket team till the end of the 2015 World Cup?
Answer: Ravi Shastri
2. Name the chief minister of Maharashtra who resigned recently?
Answer: Prithviraj Chavan
3. India has decided to contribute how much amount to the United Nations to fight the deadly Ebola virus in Africa?
Answer: 12 Million US Dollars
4. Which Indian bank has signed a Line of Credit (LoC) of 500 million US dollar with Export-Import Bank of Korea (Korea Eximbank)?
Answer: State Bank of India
5. Which two organizations entered into a deal to hand over the civil administration of Gaza to the Palestinian government led by President Mahmoud Abbas?
Answer: Hamas and Fatah
6. Name the scheme launched by the Government of India for uplift of urban and rural poor through enhancement of livelihood opportunities through skill development and other means?
Answer: Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana (DAY)
7. Who tops the list of the 100 Richest Indians 2014 released by the Forbes Magazine?
Answer: Mukesh Ambani
8. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the recent agreement made with which neighboring country on ‘Electric Power Trade, Cross-Border Transmission Interconnection and Grid Connectivity’?
9. Which two cricketers have recently been selected as Bradman Honorees?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh
10. Which human rights activist from Pakistan won this year’s Right Livelihood Award?
Answer: Asma Jahangir
11. The Ministry of Environment and Forests has accorded coastal regulation zone clearance for building the Indian part of which submarine cable system connecting Oman, UAE, India, Sri Lanka and Malaysia?
Answer: Bay of Bengal Gateway
12. The Government of India has declared September 25 as …………….?
Answer: Antyodaya Divas
13. The Supreme Court has cancelled the allocation of how many coal blocks allocated to various companies since 1993?
14. Name the newly launched campaign by the Government of India aiming at attracting foreign companies to set up their manufacturing units in India?
Answer: Make India
15. Who has been appointed as the Head Coach of the Sri Lankan cricket team?
Answer: Marvan Atappattu
16. Which World Bank institution has issued ‘Maharaja Bond’ to raise funds to be used to invest in infrastructure projects in India?
Answer: International Finance Corporation (IFC)
17. Who heads the panel appointed by the Government of India to suggest measures to reorganize the Railway Board and its Departments?
Answer: Bibek Debroy
18. Which committee, appointed by the Reserve Bank of India submitted its report on Capacity Building in banks and non-banks?
Answer: Gopalakrishna Committee
19. Which veteran cricket historian and statistician who had collected the details of India’s test matches since the first test in 1932, passed away recently?
Answer: Anandiji Dossa
20. International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons was observed on ……………?
Answer: September 26
21. Which Indian zoo won the International Earth Heroes Award this year?
Answer: Darjeeling Zoo
22. Which cricket team won this year’s Duleep Trophy?
Answer: Central Zone
23. The term of the 14th Finance Commission has been extended to which date?
Answer: December 31, 2014
24. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra?
Answer: Devendra Fadnavis
25. Which country became the first European Union country to recognize the state of Palestine?