Current Affairs January 2015 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs January 2015 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Which former Indian cricket captain has been selected for the Col.Ck Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award of the BCCI?
Answer: Dilip Vengsarkar
2. Who will be the chief guest of the Republic Day parade on 26 January 2015 at Delhi?
Answer: Barack Obama
3. Who retained the FIDE World Chess title?
Answer: Magnus Carlsen
4. Sitara Devi, who passed away recently, was a legendary dancer of which form of Indian classical dance?
5. Who is chosen as the new chairperson of the Press Council of India?
Answer: Justice Chandramauli Kumar
6. Name the US defence secretary who resigned recently?
Answer: Chuck Hagel
7. International Day for the elimination of violence against Women was observed on:
Answer: November 25
8. Name the Indian cyclist who won four gold medals at the Track Asia Cup Cycling Championship 2014?
9. National Milk Day was observed across the country on:
Answer: November 26
10. Which Indian sportsperson has been appointed as the UN Women Goodwill ambassador for South Asia?
Answer: Sania Mirza
11. Which country won the 2014 Davis Cup Tennis title?
12. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the Union Public Service Commission?
Answer: Deepak Gupta
13. Who is the 2014 Formula One racing champion?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
14. Which former Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas passed away on November 24?
Answer: Murli Deora
15. World Fisheries Day was observed on:
Answer: November 21
16. Which country won the 2014 South Asian Football Federation Women’s Championship held in Pakistan?
17. Which prominent Mathematician and Fields Medal winner, known for his contribution to modern algebraic geometry, passed away on November 13?
Answer: Alexander Grothendieck
18. Which stock exchange has been de-recognized by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) recently?
Answer: Delhi Stock Exchange
19. Which eminent actor was honored with the award “Indian Film Personality of the Year-2014” at the 454th International Film Festival of India?
20. Vivek Sood has been appointed as the CEO of which company?
21. Which film maker, known for Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf which won five Oscars in 1966, passed away recently?
Answer: Mike Nicholas
22. Name the two Delhi based non-government organizations which have been selected for this year’s ‘Deutsche Bank Urban Age Award’?
Answer: Chintan and Goonj
23. Every year, the third Sunday in November is observed as the World Day for …………?
Answer: Remembrance of Road Traffic Victims.
24. Which Pakistani writer’s maiden novel, The Scatter Here is Too Great was awarded this year’s Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize?
Answer: Bilal Tanweer
25. India has recently signed A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Nepal on a project development agreement over the 900 megawatt hydroelectric project on which river in Nepal?
26. Who have been chosen as 2014’s Time Magazine’s Person of the Year?
Answer: The Ebola Fighters
27. Nednuri Krishnamurthy who passed away recently was a veteran in:
Answer: Carnatic music
28. Mahaparinirvan Diwas was observed to mark whose death anniversary?
Answer: Dr. B.R Ambedkar
29. Which multipurpose crew vehicle of NASA intended to carry astronauts to deep space destinations like Mars, had its first test flight on 5 December?
30. Which person of Indian origin was appointed as one of the Science Envoys of the United States?
Answer: Arun Majumdar
31. Name India’s communication satellite launched on board an Arianespace rocket from Kourou in French Guiana on 6 December?
32. The Government of Uttar Pradesh has renamed Sant Ravidas Nagar district to:
33. India extended its helping hand to tackle the drinking water crisis in which country, by providing hundreds of tons of portable water?
34. Who heads the committee set up by the Indian Railways to suggest ways of railway financing?
Answer: D.K Mittal
35. Navy Day was observed in India on:
Answer: December 4
36. Name the new bench set up by the Supreme Court of India to exclusively deal with social issues?
Answer: Social Justice Bench
37. Name the festival celebrated in Nagaland every year in the first week of December?
Answer: Hornbill Festival
38. Who won this year’s Deodhar Trophy cricket tournament?
Answer: East Zone
39. The traditional brass and copper utensil making technique of which community in Punjab has been inscribed on the UNESCO Representative list of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity?
40. The Government of India has decided to observe the birthday of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee as:
Answer: National Good Governance Day (December 25)
41. Grahanandan Singh, who passed away on December 7, was an eminent personality in which sporting event?
42. Mohammad Hafeez, suspended by the International Cricket Council for his illegal bowling action, is the off-spinner of which national team?
43. Who won the 2014 Blind Cricket World Cup?
44. International Anti Corruption Day was observed on:
Answer: December 9
45. The Supreme Court has directed the Union Government to complete the fencing of border to prevent illegal migration from which country?
46. Anerood Jugnath was sworn in as the Prime Minister of which island nation in the Indian Ocean?
47. National Energy Conservation Day was observed on:
Answer: December 14
48. Who wrote the book, Born Again on the Mountain?
Answer: Arunima Sinha
49. Which Indian film, directed by Girish Malik, has been nominated to the Academy Awards contenders list for the best picture and the best original score?
50. Which company ranks first in annual revenue in the Fortune 500 List of Indian companies, released by the Fortune Magazine?
Answer: Indian Oil Corporation
51. Who won the London Classic Chess title in 2014?
Answer: Viswanathan Anand
52. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the United States have officially ended their 13 year combat mission in which Asian country?
53. The World Trade Organization has recently ruled against which country for imposing high duty on imports of Indian steel products?
Answer: United States
54. The United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution to observe which day as the International Day of Yoga?
Answer: June 21
55. Which Indian singer was awarded Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2014 Dubai International Film Festival?
Answer: Asha Bhosle
56. Where was the world’s largest cruise ship terminal inaugurated?
57. Who is the new Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB)?
Answer: Dineshwar Sharma
58. Who won the 2014 Champions Trophy Hockey title?
59. The 14th Finance Commission, which submitted its report recently, is headed by:
Answer: Y V Reddy, He was the former Governor of the RBI
60. Name India’s first indigenously developed ballistic missile nuclear submarine?
Answer: INS Arihant
61. Which Indian boxer has been banned by the International Boxing Association for one year for protest against a controversial judgment in the Asian Games?
Answer: L. Sarita Devi
62. Who got the 2014 Olof Palme Human Rights Prize?
Answer: Xu Youyu. He is a pro-democracy activist in China
63. Who is named as the first ever female bishop of the Church of England?
Answer: Libby Lane
64. Name India’s Geo Synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, which had its suborbital experimental mission recently?
Answer: GSLV Mark III
65. What is the slogan of this year’s International Human Rights Day (December 11)?
Answer: ‘Human Rights 365’. It encompasses the idea that every day is a Human Rights Day.
66. What is the theme of this year’s International Mountain Day (December 11)?
Answer: ‘Mountain Farming’
67. Which Indian-American is the author of the popular fiction, Family Life?
Answer: Akhil Sharma
68. Who was awarded the Confucius Peace Prize?
Answer: Fidel Castro
69. Who was appointed as honorary member of the International Olympic Committee?
Answer: Randhir Singh
70. Who won the recently held Delhi Half Marathon?
Answer: Guye Adola (Ethiopia)
71. According to a recent verdict of the National Green Tribunal, vehicles more than how many years will not be allowed to ply on Delhi roads?
72. Name the festival celebrated in Nagaland every year in the first week of December?
Answer: Hornbill Festival
73. Name the Russian Film which was awarded Golden Peacock for the best film in the 2014 International Film Festival of India (IFFI)?
74. Which Indian shuttler won the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton title?
Answer: P.V Sindhu
75. Who created record by becoming the youngest player to win the IBSF World Snooker Title?
Answer: Yan Bingtao (China).
76. The recently flagged off Mendipathar-Guwahati trainis the first train connecting which state?
77. Name the eminent British crime novelist, known as ‘Queen of Crime’, who passed away recently?
Answer: P.D James
78. Which volcano, located in Kumamoto Prefecture in Japan, erupted after 22 years?
Answer: Mount Aso
79. Name the first African country to use electronic voting machines?
80. Name the Australian cricketer who died after suffering a head injury due to a bouncer in the domestic Sheffield Shield match?
Answer: Philip hughes
81. Name the mascot of the European Football Championship to be held in France in 2016?
Answer: Super Victor
82. Name the former Maharashtra chief minister who passed away on December 2?
Answer: A.R Antulay
83. International Day for Abolition of Slavery was held on:
Answer: December 2
84. Who has been appointed as the new director of the CBI?
Answer: Anil Kumar Sinha
85. Jarbom Gamlin, who passed away on December 1, was the former chief minister of which state?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
86. What was the name of the one month long motor cycle expedition, organized by the Southern Navel command as part of the Navy Week celebrations 2014?
Answer: Mission We Remember
87. Name the recently released book, containing the letters written by the Jawaharlal Nehru as the Prime Minister of India to the chief ministers of various states?
Answer: Letters for a Nation. The Book is edited by Madhav Khosla
88. Egypt court has dropped the charges against which former president of the country, over the killing of protesters in the 2011 uprisings?
Answer: Hosni Mubarak
89. Name the Bollywood comedian actor and director, best known for the films Khatta Meetha, Angoor etc who passed away on December 2?
Answer: Deven Verma
90. Nirayat Shree and Niryat Bandhu Awards, recently presented by the President of India for the outstanding performance in exports, were instituted by which organization?
Answer: Federation of Indian Export Organizations
91. Who has been appointed as the Director General of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)?
Answer: O.P. Singh
92. Who became the oldest player to score a century in an ODI?
Answer: khurram Khan. The batsman aged 43 years, is the captain of the UAE cricket team.
93. Singapore has recently launched National Day Song in which Indian language to mark the 50th year of independence in 2015?
94. Who became the first Indian footballer to be conferred with the Asian Football Confederation Hall of Fame Award?
Answer: Baichung Butia