Detailed Exam Syllabus of Kerala PSC Commercial Tax Officer Examination with Category no. 167/2013, 387/2013 on February 2015 published by Kerala public service commission.
Post Name: Commercial Tax Officer.
Category Number: 167/2013, 387/2013.
Department: Commercial Taxes.
Examination Date: 07/02/2015 Saturday 10.30 AM* to 12.15 PM.
Mode of Examination:
An Objective Type Test (OMR Valuation) based on the qualification prescribed for the post.
Detailed Exam Syllabus
PART I: ACCOUNTANCY & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
BOOK KEEPING AND ACCOUNTANCY: Introduction to Accounting-Meaning, Definition, Need, Importance, Advantages , Capital and Revenue, Reserves, Provision, Depreciation, Accounting concepts and conventions- Journal and journal Entry , Leger and ledger Postings, Preparation of Cash Book ( Three column), Preparation of Trial Balance- Rectification of errors-Preparation of Final Accounts of Sole Trader.
PARTNERSHIP ACCOUNTS: Basic Concepts, Nature- Partnership Act, 1932 and Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008, Partnership Deed - Preparation of Final Accounts – Reconstitution of Partnership firm-Admission, Retirement, Death and Dissolution.
JOINT STOCK COMPANY: Accounting for Share Capital, Issue and Redemption of Debentures-Preparation of Final Accounts.
COST ACCOUNTING: Meaning, Objectives, Concept of Cost, Elements of Cost –Material, Labour, Overhead , Cost Sheet and its Preparation, Cost Classification, Cost Unit, Cost Centre, Cost Estimate and Ascertainment , Cost Allocation and Apportionment, Cost Reduction and Cost Control, Installation of Costing System , Methods and Techniques of Costing –Contract Costing, Job Costing, Tender Costing .
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING: Meaning, Definition – Functions, Scope, Functions of Management Accountant, Management Accounting Principles, Utility of Management Accounting, Tools of Management Accounting: Fund Flow Analysis –Need, Meaning, Uses of Funs Flow Statement, Schedule of changes in Working Capital, Preparation of Fund Flow Statement , , Funds Forecast.
CASH FLOW ANALYSIS: Need, Meaning, Importance, Utility, Sources of Cash, Application of Cash, Format of Cash Flow Statement, Preparation of Cash Flow Statement, Difference Between Fund Flow and Cash Flow Statement, Cash Forecast.
BUDGETARY CONTROL: Meaning of Budget, Budgeting and Budgetary control, Preparation of various Budgets, Classification of Budgets-Fixed and Flexible, Budgetary Control as a Management Tool, Installation of Budgetary Control System, Limitations of Budgetary Control System- Zero based Budgeting.
WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: Working Capital –concept , definition, Types, Factors Determining Working Capital , Estimation of Working Capital ,Working Capital Management –meaning, Management of Cash, Management of Inventories, Management of Accounts
Receivables and Management of Accounts Payables- Over and Under Trading, Banking Policy- Dehajia, Tandon and Chore Committees.
1. Finance Function -: Meaning, Scope and Objectives of Financial Management, Financial
Forecasting, Financial Planning and steps in Financial Planning.
2. Investment Decision -: Long Term Investment, Capital Budgeting Process, Selection of
Projects, Estimation of Cash Flows, Project Evaluation Techniques, Payback period, Average Rate of Return, Net Present Value Method and Internal Rate of Return.
3. Finance Decision -: Sources of Funds, Long Term , Medium Term and Short Term, Equity Shares , Preference Shares, Debentures and Bonds, Institutional Borrowings, Public Deposits, Lease Financing, Venture Capital, Commercial Paper and Factoring.
4. Capital Structure and Cost of Capita l-: Meaning, Capital Structure Planning, Optimum Capital Structure, Capital Structure Theories, Net Income Approach, Net Operating Income Approach, Traditional Approach and Modi Gilani Miller Approach. Cost of Capital- Meaning, Computation, Cost of Debt, Cost of Equity, Cost of Preference Shares and Weighted Average Cost of Capital.
5. Dividend Decision -: Factors influencing Dividend Policy, Cash Dividend, Stock Dividend and Stock Split, Dividend Models, Walter’s Model, Gordon’s Model and Modi Gilani Miller Model.
Download the complete detailed exam syllabus of Kerala PSC commercial tax officer examination in PDF file.
Maximum Marks: 100
Exam Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes.
Medium of Questions: English.
Candidates can download the Admission Tickets through their One Time Registration Profile in the Website www.keralapsc.gov.in from 17/01/2015.