Current Affairs November 2014 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs November 2014 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Which region under Spain has decided to hold a referendum on independence?
2. Who was sworn in as the new President of Afghanistan?
Answer: Ashraf Ghani
3. What was the name of the combined military training exercise, held in Uttarakhand recently, between India and the U.S?
Answer: Yudh Abhyas 2014
4. National Voluntary Blood Donation Day was observed on …………..?
Answer: October 1
5. Which social networking site by Google was permanently shut down on September 30?
6. What is the 2014 theme of the International Day for Older Persons (October 1)?
Answer: ‘Leaving No One Behind: Promoting a Society for All’.
7. World Animal Day was observed on …………..?
Answer: October 4
8. Which team won this year’s Champion’s League Twenty-20 Title?
Answer: Chennai Super Kings
9. Which Bollywood actor received Global Biodiversity Award 2014 by the Rainbow Foundation?
Answer: Shah Rukh Khan
10. World Heart Day was observed on …………….?
Answer: September 29
11. Who was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu?
Answer: O. Panneer Selvam
12. Gunners Day was observed on ……………….?
Answer: September 28
13. Which United States newspaper has issued an apology for its racist cartoon on India’s Mars Mission?
Answer: The New York Times
14. Who is appointed chairman of the Competition Appellate Tribunal (COMPAT)?
Answer: Justice G.S Singhvi
15. Which country won gold in the Men’s hockey gold medal at the 17th Asian Games?
16. What is the theme of this year’s World Teachers Day (October 5)?
Answer: ‘Invest in Future, Invest in Teachers’
17. Who won the Japanese F1 Grand Prix this year?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
18. Who shared this year’s Nobel Prize for Medicine “for their discoveries of cells that constitute a positioning system in the brain”?
Answer: John O’ Keefe, May Britt Moser and Edward I Moser.
19. Who is appointed as the Chairman of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)?
Answer: Hemant Contractor
20. Seema Punia won gold in which event in the Asian Games 2014?
Answer: Discus Throw
21. Who won Sania Mirza’s partner in winning gold in the mixed doubles category in tennis in the Asian games?
Answer: Saketh Myneni
22. Which new category of three wheeled vehicles has been given permission by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, to ply in New Delhi?
23. International Day of Non-Violence was observed on …………….?
Answer: October 2
24. Which Indian boxer who lost in the Asian Games semi-final in a controversial judgement, refused to accept her bronze medal at the awarding ceremony?
Answer: L. Saritha Devi
25. World Habitat Day was observed on …………….?
Answer: October 6
26. Name the Australian author who won the 2014 Man Booker Prize for his fuction ‘The Narrow Raod to the Deep North’?
Answer: Richard Flanagan
27. Who won this year’s Nobel Prize for Economics?
Answer: Jean Tirole (France).
28. Name the Indian shuttler who won the Dutch Open Grand Prix badminton tournament?
Answer: Ajay Jayaram.
29. Which programme was launched by the Government of India encouraging Members of Parliament from both houses to identify and develop one village from their constituency as a model village by 2016 and two more by 2019?
Answer: Saansad Adarsh Gram Ypjana (SAGY)
30. Who shared this year’s Nobel Prize for Peace?
Answer: Kailash Satyarthi (India) and Malala Yousaf zai (Pakistan).
31. Who won 2014 Nobel Prize in Literature?
Answer: Patrick Modiano (France)
32. Who shared this year’s Nobel Prize in Chemistry, for the development of super-resolved fluorescence microscopy?
Answer: Eric Betzig, Stefan Hell and William Moerner.
33. Which renowned defence technologist was conferred this year’s Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management?
Answer: Dr. Apathukatha Sivathanu Pillai, He is popularly known as the Father of Brahmos cruise missile.
34. The Ministry of Civil Aviation has granted security clearance for the appointment of Crammer Ball as the Chief Executive Officer of which airline company?
Answer: Jet Airways.
35. Name the researchers who were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics for inventing blue Light Emitting Diodes (LED)?
Answer: Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura
36. Who headed the high-powered committee appointed by the Supreme Court to frame guidelines to regulate expenditure and contents of advertisements paid out of tax payers money?
Answer: N.R Madhava Menon.
37. Which Bollywood actor has been appointed as the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia?
Answer: Aamir Khan
38. Name the cyclonic storm which created havoc in Andhra Pradesh and Odisha in the second week of October?
39. World Post Day was observed on ……………..?
Answer: October 9
40. Indian Air Force Day was observed on ……………..?
Answer: October 8
41. The Government of India has recently announced setting up of a national level skill development academy named ……….., for giving skill training to those from minority communites?
Answer: Maulana Azad National Academy for Skills (MANAS)
42. World Mental Health Day was observed on ………………?
Answer: October 10
43. International Day of the Girl Child was observed on ………………?
Answer: October 11
44. Who won the Shanghai Masters title 2014, a part of the ATP World Tour?
Answer: Roger Federer
45. Who won the inaugural Russian Formula One Grand Prix held at Sochi recently?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
46. India has pledged how much amount for rebuilding Gaza, at the International Gaza Donor Conference held at Cairo?
Answer: Four Million US Dollars.
47. International Day for Disaster Reduction was observed on ……………….?
Answer: October 13
48. Who has been re-elected for a third term as the President of Bolivia?
Answer: Evo Morales
49. At least 39 people died in the snow storm occurred on and around the mountains of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri in which country?
50. Who has selected for this year’s Vayalar Literary Prize?
Answer: K.R Meera (Novel- Arachar)
51. Who has recently been removed as the President of Rajasthan Cricket Association?
Answer: Lalit Modi
52. Which lyricist was awarded the National Kishore Kumar Award for 2012-13, by the Madhya Pradesh Government?
53. Who was voted the Most Valuable Player (MVP) among the Indian medalists of the Incheon Asian Games?
Answer: Mary Kom.
54. Khaled Bahah is appointed as the Prime Minister of which country?
55. Which launch vehicle carried IRNSS 1C to Orbit on October 16?
Answer: PSLV C26
56. Global Hand washing Day was observed on ……………..?
Answer: October 15
57. Global Food Day was observed on ……………?
Answer: October 16
58. What is the 2014 theme of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty (October 17)?
Answer: “Leave no one behind: think, decide and act together against extreme poverty”.
59. Name the comet which flew past Mars on 16 October?
Answer: Sliding Spring
60. India retained whichunder-21 hockey title held in Malaysia recently?
Answer: Sultan of Johor Cup
61. Name the new Chief Economic Advisor of India?
Answer: Arvind Subramanian.
62. Name India’s first indigenously designed and developed long range sub-sonic cruise missile successfully test fired recently?
63. Name the recently rolled out airliner, the first passenger jet built in Japan in fifty years?
Answer: Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ).
64. Who won the Beed Lok Sabha seat in Maharashtra with a record margin of 6,96,321 votes?
Answer: Pritam Munde
65. Which cricket stadium in West Bengal is celebrating its 150th birth anniversary this year?
Answer: Eden Gardens
66. Who is the new Chief Minister of Haryana?
Answer: Manohar Lal Khattar
67. Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders Prevention Day was observed on ………………?
Answer: October 21
68. Which Indian origin Tamil poet and writer was awarded Cultural Medallion, the highest cultural award of Singapore?
Answer: K.T.M Iqbal
69. Which five new non-permanent members have been elected to the United Nations Security Council?
Answer: Venezuela, Angola, Malaysia, New Zealand and Spain.
70. Which recently released book written by Dilip D’Souza revisits Sachin Tendulkar’s final test appearance?
Answer: Final Test: Exit Sachin Tendulkar
71. Which Croatian player won the Kremlin Cup ATP singles title?
Answer: Marin Cilic
72. Police Commemoration Day was observed across India on …………….?
Answer: October 21
73. The Government of India has ordered the merger of the company, National Spot Exchange Ltd with …………..?
Answer: Financial Technologies India Ltd.
74. Name the Indian boxer who has been provisionally suspended by the International Boxing Association (AIBA) for refusing to accept the bronze medal over a controversial decision at the Incheon Asian Games?
Answer: Sarita Devi
75. Whose birth Anniversary was celebrated as rashtriya Ekta Diwas on October 31?
Answer: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
76. Which former Chief Election Commissioner has been appointed as the chairman of the Kalakshetra Foundation, Chennai?
Answer: N. Gopalaswami
77. Name the Indian who won the World Billiards Point Format Championship?
Answer: Pankal Advani
78. After Senegal, which African country has been declared Ebola free, by the World Health Organisation?
79. Who was conferred with the 2014 Liberty Medal?
Answer: Malala Yousaf Zai
80. International Stammering Awareness Day was observed on ……………….?
Answer: October 22
81. Which Congolese gynecologist has won the 2014 Sakharov Human Rights Prize?
Answer: Denis Mukwege
82. Patricia Hewitt, Dame Asha Khemka and Madhav Sharma are the winners of which award given to individuals who work to strengthen the UK-India relationship?
Answer: Dadabhai Naoroji Awards
83. Who has been re-elected as the President of Brazil?
Answer: Dilma Rousseff.
84. Infantry Day was observed in India on ……………..?
Answer: October 27
85. Name the South African Football captain who was shot dead on October 26?
Answer: Senzo Meyiwa
86. United Nations Day was observed on ……………..?
Answer: October 24
87. Name the secularist party which won the plurality of seats in the Tunisian parliamentary elections?
Answer: Nidaa Tounes
88. Ian Kama was sworn in for a second term as the President of which African country?
89. In Maharashtra, which party came second after BJP in the number of seats won in the Assembly polls held recently?
Answer: Shiv Sena