Current Affairs October 2014 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs October 2014 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Maya Rao, who passed away recently, was a pioneering dancer in which dance form?
2. Which eminent historian, who wrote the book, The Making of Modern India; From Marx to Gandhi, passed away recently?
Answer: Bipan Chandra
3. Name the new scheme launched by the Government of India to cover all households in the country with banking facilities?
Answer: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
4. Name the new Governor of Kerala?
Answer: P. Sathasivam
5. Who heads the panel, constituted by the Finance Ministry to access the unclaimed deposits in the Public Provident Fund (PPF) accounts and Post Office saving schemes?
Answer: H.R Khan
6. Which Latin American nation is set to become the first country in the world to create its own digital currency?
7. Which ancient University in Bihar was reopened after it had been ruined 800 years ago?
8. The Department of Telecom has fixed June 2015 as deadline for the merger of which telecom company with BSNL?
Answer: Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL).
9. Which writer from Bangladesh has been granted one year visa for staying in India?
Answer: Tasleema Nasreen
10. Who is appointed as the new Chief Justice of India?
Answer: Justice Handyala Lakshminarayana swamy Dattu
11. Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland has recently set a workd record in which event?
Answer: Women’s Hammer Throw
12. Which South African fast bowler and world’s oldest surviving test cricketer passed away recently?
Answer: Norman Gordon
13. International Day against Nuclear Tests was observed on:
Answer: August 27
14. International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances was observed on:
Answer: August 30
15. Name India’s largest offshore patrol vessel, commissioned into Indian Navy?
Answer: INS Sumitra
16. Who has been appointed by the Government of India as interlocutor for the Nagaland peace talks?
Answer: R.N Ravi
17. Who won the inaugural title of the Pro Kabaddi League?
Answer: Jaipur Pink Panthers
18. Who has recently set a world record in the 50 km walk by clocking 3 hours, 32 minutes and 33 seconds?
Answer: Yohan Diniz (France)
19. Which eminent Telugu movie maker, painter and cartoonist, popularly known as Bapu, passed away on 31 August?
Answer: Sattiraju Lakshminarayana
20. The Asian Hockey Federation has named which Indian player as the Junior Men Player of the Year?
Answer: Manpreet Singh
21. National Sports Day was celebrated on:
Answer: August 29. This day marks the birth day of Dhyan Chand.
22. Name the rowing coach who received the Dronacharya award (Lifetime Achievement) this year?
Answer: Jose Jacob.
23. Name the three sports persons who won Dhyan Chand Award this year?
Answer: Gurmail Singh (Hockey), K.P Thakkar (Swimming-diving) and Zeeshan Ali (Tennis).
24. Which Indian has been appointed as the Executive Director of the World Bank?
Answer: Subhash Chandra Garg
25. International Literacy Day was observed on:
Answer: September 8
26. India has recently signed Civil Nuclear Agreement with which country?
27. Name the Indian scientist who got 2014 Midori Prize in Biodiversity?
Answer: Kamal Bawa
28. Who won the Men’s singles in the 2014 US Open Tennis Championships?
Answer: Marin Cilic
29. The Reserve Bank of India has set the age limit of private bank CEO’s at:
30. India signed Free Trade Agreement for services and investments with which regional association of nations?
Answer: ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations)
31. The 2014 NATO summit was held in which city?
Answer: Newport (Wales, United Kingdom)
32. Which became the first state in the country to launch a health Adalat?
33. Which monument got the Award of Merit in the UNESCO Asia Pacific Awards 2014 for Cultural Heritage Conservation?
Answer: Shri Sakhargad Niwasini Devi Temple Complex, Kinhai, Maharashtra
34. Which African country’s Prime Minister Tom Thabane was ousted by military coup recently?
35. Raul Khajimba has won the recent presidential election in which de facto independent country, which broke away from Georgia in 1999?
36. Which former Attorney General of India (2009-2014) passed away on September 2?
Answer: G E Vahanvati
37. Who won gold in the 62kg category at the IWF World Masters weight lifting Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark?
Answer: Sudhakar Jayant
38. Chandrakala Padia is appointed as the first woman chairperson of which national research institute in Shimla?
Answer: Indian Institute of Advanced Studies
39. The International Cricket Council suspended which Pakistan off-spinner for illegal bowling action?
Answer: Saeed Ajmal
40. International Day for the preservation of Ozone Layer was observed on:
Answer: September 16
41. Hindi Divas was celebrated on:
Answer: September 14
42. Who is appointed as the Chairperson of the National Commission for Women?
Answer: Lalitha Kumaramangalam
43. Which Bollywood actor’s autobiography is titled ‘And then One Day’?
Answer: Naseeruddin Shah
44. Which Hollywood actor has recently been appointed as United Nations Messenger of Peace with special focus on climate change?
Answer: Leonardo Di Caprio
45. Who has been appointed as the President of International Economic Association?
Answer: Kaushik Basu
46. The new scheme announced by the Government of India for women scientists to bring about gender equality in the field of science and technology?
Answer: KIRAN (Knowledge Involvement Research Advancement through Nurturing)
47. Which Indian has been selected for the Davis Cup Commitment Award by the International Tennis Federation?
Answer: Rohan Bopanna
48. Who is elected as the chairman of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)?
Answer: Narendra Ambwani
49. Which awards were presented by the Government of India on the occasion of National Hindi Divas?
Answer: Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar
50. Mojang, The Swedish company and maker of Minecraft game, was recently acquired by which American multi-national corporation?
51. International Day for Democracy was observed on:
Answer: September 15
52. Which annual awards were recently given by the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting in the categories, Journalism and Mass Communication, Women’s issues, National Integration and Children’s Literature?
Answer: Bhartendu Harishchandra Awards
53. Who has been chosen for the JC Daniel Award for the lifetime achievement in Malayalam cinema for the year 2013?
Answer: MT Vasudevan Nair
54. Where were the two Sports Academies, National Academy for Athletics and National Academy for Golf inaugurated recently?
55. The eminent Hindi writer Govind Mishra received the Saraswati Samman on September 23, for his which novel?
Answer: Dhool Poudhon par
56. Which movie, directed by Geethu Mohandas has been selected as India’s official entry for the best foreign film category at the 87th Academy Awards?
Answer: Liar’s Dice
57. Which former Indian envoy to the United Nations has been named Secretary General to the Independent Commission on Multilateralism (ICM)?
Answer: Hardeep Singh Puri
58. Name the Indian American who has been appointed as the new US ambassador to India?
Answer: Richard Verma
59. Name the eminent mandolin maestro who passed away on September 19?
Answer: Uppalapu Srinivas
60. Who won the Singapore Formula One Grand Prix?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
61. Josaia Voreqe Bainimarama has been elected as the new Prime Minister of which island nation in the South Pacific Ocean?
62. Croma, a consumer durables chain promoted by Tata Group has entered into a deal with which e-retailing firm to sell electronic goods online?
63. Name the Indian boxer who got Arjuna Award after a legal battle with the ministry of sports?
Answer: Manoj Kumar
64. The President of India visited which Asian country from September 14 to 17?
65. Name the first state in India to ratify the National Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2014?
66. The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways launched Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) under which brand name?
67. The United States Senate passed a resolution declaring which date as US-India partnership Day?
Answer: September 30
68. Who was India’s flag bearer in the opening ceremony at the 17th Asian Games held in Incheon, South Korea?
Answer: Sardar Singh
69. Which neighbouring country passed a constitutional amendment which empowers parliament to impeach Supreme Court Judges?
70. The President of which country visited India from 17 to 18 September?
71. John Key has been re-elected as the Prime Minister of which country for a third term?
Answer: New Zealand
72. Where was the UN Climate Change Summit held this year?
Answer: New York
73. Which part of the United Kingdom has recently rejected the referendum for independence?
74. International Day of Peace was observed on:
Answer: September 21
75. Who has been appointed the Chairman of the Competition Appellate Tribunal?
76. Which country defeated Pakistan in the Men’s Hockey finals of the Asian Games?
77. 22nd anniversary of Rapid Action Force (RAF) was celebrated on:
Answer: 7 October
78. Which Indian actor was awarded the Global Diversity Award 2014?
Answer: Shahrukh Khan
79. World Mental Day observed on:
Answer: October 10
80. International Day of the Girl Child Observed on:
Answer: October 11
81. Who was awarded the Man Booker Prize 2014?
Answer: Australian author Richard Flanagan for his novel The Narrow Road to the Deep North.
82. Who is appointed as new Finance Secretary of India?
Answer: Rajiv Mehrishi
83. Who is appointed as the new Chief Economic Advisor of India?
Answer: Arvind Subramanian
84. Police Commemoration Day celebrated on:
Answer: October 21
85. Who is sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Haryana?
Answer: Manohar Lal Khattar
86. 69th United Nations Day observed on:
Answer: October 24
87. Birth anniversary of Sardar Patel, 31 October will be celebrated as:
Answer: National Integration Day of Rashtriya Ekta Divas
88. Who won World Billiards Point Format Championship 2014?
Answer: Pankaj Advani
89. As per World Bank India’s GDP is likely to grow by ....... percent in 2014-15?
90. Who has been re-elected as the President of Brazil?
Answer: Dilma Rousseff
91. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Prasar Bharti?
Answer: Surya Prakash