Post Matric Scholarship 2014-15. Online applications are invited for the Post‐Matric Scholarship for the academic year 2014‐15 from students belonging to minority communities (Muslim/Christian/Buddhists/Sikh and Parsee) to be awarded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
Applications are to be submitted online in the Scholarship Website of Department of Collegiate Education, www.dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in. Instructions for filling up the online application can be accessed through the link Post‐Matric Scholarship provided in the Home Page of Scholarship website.
Details of the Scholarship
- Rate of Scholarship: An amount equivalent to Admission & Course/Tuition Fee and Maintenance allowance, subjected to a maximum ceiling. Details are provided in Appendix-I of Notification.
- Eligibility Conditions: (a) Should be the First Year student of
1. Plus Two/ UG/ PG/M.Phil/ Ph.D Course of Higher Secondary School/ College/Institutes/ University, which is either a Govt/ Aided/Recognised Unaided Institution.
2. 11th Class/Technical/ Vocational Course of ITI/ITC Centres affiliated to NCVT.
3. Course, other than those listed under merit-cum-means scholarship scheme. The names of courses listed under Merit-cum-means scholarship are given in Appendix-II.
(b) Should belong to Minority Community (Muslim/ Christian/ Buddhists/ Sikh/Zoroastrians or Parsis).
(c) Should have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous Board/ University Examination.
(d) The Annual Family Income should not exceed Rs. 2 Lakhs.
(e) Should not be availing any other Scholarship or Stipend.
Procedure for Applying
1. Application can be submitted online only at www.dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in.
2. Students are required to register themselves in this site before applying for this scholarship. The instructions for registration are provided in the Website: Home Page> Student Registration.
3. After the completion of registration, students can LOGIN and Apply for the scholarship.
4. Candidates are required to take a Printout of the Registration Form after submitting (after SUBMIT button is clicked) their application online.
5. Candidates are required to submit the Printout along with the supporting documents (listed in para.5 of the Notification) to the Head of their Institution. 6. An officer designated by the Head of the Institution/ Head of the Institution has to verify ONLINE, the data provided online by the candidate with the Registration printout and the documents submitted by the candidate.
7. The candidate can edit the online data until it is verified by the verifying officer.
8. The verified applications are to be approved by the Head of the Institution.
Documents to be enclosed along with the Registration Printout.
1. Self-attested passport size photograph pasted on the Registration printout.
2. Attested copies of Mark lists of all Examinations from Matriculation onwards, passed by the candidate.
3. Income declaration – affidavit (as shown in Appendix-III) on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- for self-employed parents/guardian or income certificate from the employer for employed parents.
4. An affidavit as shown in appendix-IV in Non-judicial stamp paper of Rs10/- by the student that he/she belongs to any one of the Minority communities notified by Central Government/Community certificate from the competent authority.
5. An affidavit as shown in appendix V in non judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- by the student regarding his/her place of residence/nativity or nativity certificate from the competent authority.
6. Nativity certificate from the competent authority.
7. Attested copy of the first page of Bank Passbook in the name of the student, showing the Account Number and Name, Code and Address of the Branch.
8. Accommodation Certificate in case of Hostellers.
9. Copy of Adhaar number/Adhaar enrollment /NPR.
1. Online Submission of the Application by students: 30-08-2014
2. Submission of Registration printout and documents to the Institution by candidates: 17-09-2014
3. Completion of Verification and Approval by the Institution: 24-09-2014
4. Registration printouts and supporting documents of approved applications to reach Special officer Scholarship (In case of Recognised Unaided Institutions in Kerala and in respect of students of Recognised Institutions in outside Kerala): 30-09-2014
Read more instructions for applying Post Matric Scholarship 2014 from here: https://dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in/dce/newsupdate/pdf/PMS/instruction/instructionpms.pdf.