Mahatma Gandhi University PG Admission 2014 (PGCAP-2014): Applications are invited for admission to the Post Graduate Degree Programmes conducted in the affiliated Arts & Science Colleges / Constituent Colleges of Mahatma Gandhi University for the academic year 2014-15 except PG programmes under the faculty of Fine Arts through Centralized Allotment Process (CAP).
CENTRALISED ALLOTMENT PROCESS (CAP)
Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) for Post Graduate admission was introduced by Mahatma Gandhi University in 2010. The new admission system CAP has succeeded in democratizing the admission procedure by ensuring transparency and social justice in it. There is only a single application form for applying for admission to all the PG Degree Programmes in various affiliated colleges for considering them in the Open/Reservation Quota except sports quota/cultural quota/Lakshdweep quota and Persons with Disabilities (PD) quota. If a candidate submits more than one application his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled. The candidates seeking admission through community merit/management quota/ sports quota/cultural quota/Lakshadweep quota/NRI/Staff quota and PD quota should submit separate applications to the respective colleges also. The above candidates should also apply under the Centralized Allotment Process, if they are to be considered for general allotment.
Details of seats that come under the ambit of Centralized Allotment Process (CAP):
1. Govt. Colleges: Total seats available in government colleges except seats under sports/cultural/PD Quota.
2. Aided Colleges: Open quota seats, seats earmarked for SC/ST candidates.
3. Unaided Colleges/ Unaided programmes conducted in Aided Colleges: 50% of the total seats including
seats reserved for SC/ST/SEBC.
4. School of Technology and Applied Science directly controlled by the University: 90% of the total seats including seats reserved for SC/ST.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
1. Candidates should have passed the corresponding Degree Examination under the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern with one core/main subject and two complementary/subsidiary subjects from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any other University recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University as equivalent thereto for admission, subject to the stipulation regarding marks.
2. Candidates who have passed Degree examination with Double or Triple main subject +or candidates who have passed the Degree Examination in Vocational or Specialized Programmes are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit copy of the Equivalency/Eligibility Certificate from Mahatma Gandhi University, stating that, their Qualifying Examination is recognized for seeking admission to the relevant P.G. Degree Course(s) as applicable, at the time of admission. This provision is not applicable in the case of those applicants who have passed their qualifying examination from MG University.
The application fee will be as follows:
For General candidates: Rs. 500/-
For SC/ST candidates: Rs. 250/-
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Submission of application i.e. registration of personal and academic data as well as options for programmes and colleges shall be done online. Before submitting the application form, candidates are advised to verify the details of programmes in a college including hostel facilities through the website of individual colleges, in addition to the information given in the prospectus published by the University. Before selecting a programme the applicant shall satisfy himself/herself that he/she possess the prescribed qualification for applying for the programme.
Steps for Online Registration
1. For online registration of personal and academic data, the candidates must visit the web site, www.mgu.ac.in and click on the link “PG CAP 2014”.
2. Follow the online instructions and fill in the personal details in the relevant fields provided.
3. Create a ‘Password’ of minimum six characters length. (The password is mandatory for all future online operations). The password created by the candidate should not be disclosed. This may result in tampering with the options and the University will not be responsible for any such eventuality.
4. Generate a Chalan print out. The Chalan bears an ‘Application number’. The application number will have to be used by the candidate for all future online and offline operations.
5. Approach the nearest designated SBT branch enlisted in the CAP portal along with the Chalan print out and remit the required fee.
6. After remitting the fee, collect the chalan copies from bank (Student copy and University copy). Only after completing this step, will the Application Number and password get activated. Activation may take a few hours.
7. Go to the login Panel in MGU PG CAP Web Portal and Use the activated Application Number as user name and the previously used password for Login.
8. Fill in the Application form with personal details, academic eligibility and the options correctly.
9. Verify with the relevant documents and confirm the details entered online.
10. After satisfying himself/herself that the details entered are correct, the applicants shall press the Final Submission Button.
11. Take the print out of filled up application for future reference. The applicant can check the print out and make corrections/modifications if any, at the time of trial allotment.
The applicant can check his/her application status online using their User id (application number) and password at any stage after online registration. Hardcopies of the filled in application shall not be sent to the University.
Read Procedure for Online Registration of options, other details of Admission from the Prospectus.
SCHEDULE FOR ADMISSION TO PG PROGRAMMES (2014-15) THROUGH CAP
1. Online availability of application forms and prospectus: 04/08/2014 (Monday)
2. Online candidate registration Up to 17/08/2014 (Sunday)
3. Publication of provisional rank list & trial allotment: 20/8/2014 (Wednesday)
4. Data modification, if any, by applicants/re-arrangement/addition/deletion of options 20/8/13 & 21/8/2014.
5. First allotment 25/8/2014 (Monday).
6. Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT 25/8/14 to 27/8/2014.
7. Reporting for admission in colleges: 25/8/14 to 27/8/2014
8. Facility for option modification (re-arrangement & deletion only): 28/8/2014& 29/8/2014
9. Second allotment: 01/9/2014 (Monday)
10. Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (Second allotment): 01/9/2014 to 02/9/2014
11. Reporting for admission in colleges: 01/9/2014 to 02/9/2014
12. Commencement of classes: 03/9/2014
13. Online candidate registration for Special allotment for SC/ST candidates: 04/9/2014 & 07/9/2014
14. Special allotment for SC/ST candidates: 10/9/2014
15. Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (Special allotment): 10/9/2014 to 12/9/2014
16. Reporting for admission in colleges (Special allotment): 16/9/2014 & 17/9/2014
17. Spot allotment for SC/ST candidates: 19/9/2014
18. Reporting for admission in colleges (Spot allotment for SC/ST candidates): 20/9/2014
19. Online candidate registration for supplementary allotment: 22/9/2014 to 24/9/2014
20. Supplementary allotment: 25/9/2014
21. Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (Supplementary allotment): 25/9/2014 to 27/9/2014
22. Reporting for admission in colleges (Supplementary allotment): 25/9/2014 to 27/9/2014
23. Closing of admission: 30/9/2014
24. Last date for the entry of admitted students in the online admission portal: 01/10/2014
For admission to the seats which do not come under the purview of Centralized Allotment Process 2014 viz. Community Quota (Aided Colleges only) Management Quota(Aided and Unaided Colleges and Unaided Programmes conducted in Aided Colleges) Sports Quota/ Cultural Quota/ Persons with Disabilities Quota (in all Affiliated Colleges), NRI Quota and Staff Quota (in Constituent Colleges) is given below:
Schedule of Sports/Cultural/NRI/PD/Staff Quotas
1. Last date for issuance and receipt of filled up application forms: 18.08.2014
2. Publication of rank list on the college notice board: 20.08.2014
3. Admission of candidates: 21.08.2014
4. Date of commencement of classes: 03.09.2014
All candidates who wish to apply under Community Quota (Aided Colleges only)
Management Quota (Aided and Unaided Colleges and Unaided Programmes conducted in Aided Colleges) Sports Quota/ Cultural Quota/ Persons with Disabilities Quota (in all Affiliated Colleges), NRI Quota and Staff Quota( in Constituent Colleges) should apply directly to the colleges concerned from 24/07/2014. They can also apply in CAP if they desire to be considered for the general allotment.
Schedule of Management/Community Merit Quotas
1. Last date for issuance and receipt of filled up application forms: 19.08.2014
2. Publication of rank list of Community Merit Quota on the college notice board: 28.08.2014
3. Admission of candidates: 02.09.2014
4. Publication of list of candidates selected under Management quota: 01.09.2014
5. Admission of candidates: 02.09.2014
6. Date of commencement of classes: 03.09.2014
7. Date of closing of admissions: 30.09.2014
8. Last date for the entry of admitted students in the online portal: 01.10.2014
Admission to PG Degree Programmes 2014-2015 | Link
Download Prospectus | Link
Download Notification | Link
PGCAP-2014 Schedule | Link
Schedule (Sports/Cultural/PD Quotas) | Link
Instructions in Malayalam | Link