Current Affairs July 2014 Questions and Answers, Current Affairs July 2014 Questions and Answers in PDF file for preparing PSC, SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, Bank, RRB and all Other Competitive Examinations in India.
1. Which team won the Indian Premier League 2014?
Answer: Kolkata Knight Riders
2. BG Srinivas has recently resigned as the president and board member of which company?
3. Who has been appointed as India’s National Security Advisor?
Answer: Ajith Kumar Doval
4. The new Ministry created by the Government of India?
Answer: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
5. As per the latest announcement by the US president, the American troops will remain in Afghanistan till which year?
6. Who has been selected as the goodwill ambassador for the 25th National Games?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
7. Sanchez Ceren has been sworn in as the President of which Latin American country?
Answer: El Salvador
8. World No-Tobacco Day was observed on …………?
Answer: May 31
9. Who is appointed as the new Attorney General of India?
Answer: Mukul Rohatgi
10. Who tops the Forbes list of world’s 100 most powerful women?
Answer: Angela Merkel
11. Peter Mutharika has won the recently held presidential election in which African country?
12. The army chief of Thailand who has recently captured power in the country?
Answer: General Prayuth Chan-ocha
13. Who has been appointed as the pro-term Speaker of the new Lok Sabha?
Answer: Kamal Nath
14. The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has started drilling an exploratory well in which basin in Tamilnadu?
15. Sultan Azlan Shah, who passed away recently, was known as the pioneer of which game in Malaysia?
16. Which company has acquired Network18 Media?
Answer: Reliance Industries Ltd.
17. Who has been appointed as the Principal Secretary to Prime Minister?
Answer: Nripendra Mishra
18. Vineet Taneja has been appointed as the CEO of which Indian company?
19. Who has been elected as the President of Egypt?
Answer: Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
20. Which American author and civil rights activist who wrote I Know why the Caged Bird Sings passed away on May 28?
Answer: Maya Angelou
21. Which village in Nagaland has been declared as the country’s first tobacco-free village?
22. As per the Andhra Pradesh reorganization Act 2014, Hyderabad will be the joint capital of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for how many years?
23. World Blood Donor Day was observed on ……….?
Answer: June 14
24. Which Malayalam writer was selected for the Moortidevi Award for 2013?
Answer: C. Radhakrishnan. He got the award for his novel, Theekkadal Kadanju Thirumadhuram.
25. Which Legislative Assembly passed a bill prohibiting dance bars in hotels all over the state?
26. The recently conducted Indo-French Air Exercise in Jodhpur was named …………?
Answer: Garud V
27. Name the new Commander in Chief of the Strategic Forces Command?
Answer: Lt. Gen Amit Sharma
28. Which Indian scientist was elected as member of the UN Commission on the Limits of Continental Shelf (UNCLCS)?
Answer: Rasik Ravindra
29. Who is elected as the President for the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly?
Answer: Sam Kahamba Kutesa. He is currently the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Uganda.
30. World Day Against Child Labour was observed on …………..?
Answer: June 12
31. The World Bank has recently lowered the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast for India to ………….. percent?
Answer: 5.5, The forecast was 6.2% in World Bank’s January report.
32. Who has been re-elected as the President of Columbia?
Answer: Juan Manuel Santos
33. World Elder Abuse Awareness Day was observed on ……………?
Answer: June 15
34. World Day to combat Desertification and Drought was observed on …………….?
Answer: June 17
35. Who won the Men’s Hockey World Cup 2014?
Answer: Australia. They beat the Netherlands in the Final.
36. Who is appointed as the new Revenue Secretary?
Answer: Shaktikanta Das
37. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi made his first official foreign visit to which country?
38. Name the Indian left-arm spinner who recently announced his retirement from Cricket?
Answer: Murli Karthik
39. Which Indian origin Physicist in UK, best known for his work on the Large Hadron Collider experiment, was awarded knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II?
Answer: Tejinder Virdee
40. The Maharashtra government has approved the creation of Palghar as its 36th district, bifurcating which existing district?
41. Which became the first Kerosene-free city in India?
42. Who won the 2014 the National Basketball Association (NBA) Finals?
Answer: San Antonio Spurs
43. Name the Autobiography written by the legendary Bollywood superstar Dileep Kumar?
Answer: The Substance and the Shadow
44. Who was recently elected to become the new Prime Minister of Finland?
Answer: Alexander Stubb
45. Who won the FIDE Rapid Chess Championship held in Dubai?
Answer: Magnus Carlsen
46. Name the Russian Deputy Prime Minister who visited India in June? Answer: Dmitry O Rogozin
47. Which Hindi writer won the Jnanpith Award 2013?
Answer: Kedarnath Singh
48. Name the recently declared international awards instituted by the Samuel Yin of Taiwan?
Answer: Tang Prize
49. Which Indian born writer was selected for the 2014 Pen Pinter Prize?
Answer: Salman Rushdie
50. Name the newly created district of West Bengal?
51. Which Indian origin scientist was selected for the World Food Prize 2014?
Answer: Sanjaya Rajaram
52. Who is appointed as the Private Secretary to Prime Minister?
Answer: Rajeev Topno
53. Who won the Women’s Hockey World Cup 2014?
Answer: The Netherlands
54. Name the new King of Spain?
Answer: Felipe VI
55. World Refugee Day was observed on …………….?
Answer: June 20
56. Who won the Australian Open F1 Grand Prix?
Answer: Nico Rosberg
57. Name the two sites in India which recently entered the World Heritage list?
Answer: Rani-ki-Vav (Gujarat) and the Great Himalayan National Park (Himachal Pradesh)
58. International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking were observed on ………….?
Answer: June 26
59. The Indian national air carrier, Air India, has recently joined which global airlines grouping?
Answer: Star Alliance
60. Which South African Cricketer has replaced Virat Kohli as the number one batsman in the ICC ODI rankings?
Answer: AB de Villiers
61. World Music Day was celebrated on …………..?
Answer: June 21
62. Camel has been declared as the state animal of which Indian state recently?
63. Which Wildlife Sanctuary in India become country’s 47th Tiger reserve recently?
Answer: Bor Wildlife Sanctuary in Maharashtra
64. Who clinched 2014 women’s Wimbledon title?
Answer: Petra Kvitova
65. Who is appointed as the Governor of Mizoram?
Answer: Kamla Beniwal
66. Who is appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of UN Women?
Answer: Emma Watson
67. The World Population Day was observed across the world on:
Answer: July 11
68. Who is sworn in as the Governor of Goa?
Answer: Margaret Alva
69. Which is India’s first indigenously developed warship delivered to Indian Navy recently?
Answer: INS Kamorta
70. Gandhi Peace Prize 2013 presented to?
Answer: Environmentalist and social activist Chandi Prasad Bhatt
President Appoints New Governors to Five States
President of India, Pranab Mukherjee appointed Governors of five states, namely Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Gujarat and Nagaland.
Given below is the list of Governors and their respective state of appointment:
1. Keshari Nath Tripathi: Governor of West Bengal
2. Balramji Dass Tandon: Governor of Chhattisgarh
3. Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya: Governor of both Nagaland and Tripura
4. Ram Naik: Governor of Uttar Pradesh
5. Om Prakash Kohli: Governor of Gujarat
71. Which city to host BRICS Summit 2015?
Answer: Russian city Ufa
72. Who is sworn in as the President of Syria?
Answer: Bashar al-Assad has been sworn in for a third 7-year term as president of Syria.
73. Who is sworn in as the new President of Iraq?
Answer: Muhammad Fuad Masum
74. Who is appointed as the fourth deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
Answer: S S Mundra
75. Who is appointed as the Governor of Haryana?
Answer: Kaptan Singh Solanki
76. Who becomes the first Indian woman gymnast to win a medal in Commonwealth Games?
Answer: Dipa Karmakar scripted history as she clinched bronze in the vault event in the Commonwealth Games 2014 at Glasgow, Scotland, by becoming the first Indian woman gymnast and second person of the country to win a medal at the Commonwealth Games.
77. Who took charge as the new Chief of Indian Army?
Answer: General Dalbir Singh Suhag
78. Which country becomes First Nation to Legalize Child Labour?
79. Sixth BRICS Summit 2014 held in:
80. Bollywood Actor who conferred with top French civilian award “Knight of the Legion of Honor” (National Order of the Legion of Honour) on July 2014?
Answer: Shah Rukh Khan
81. Who is the Indian Mathematician who becomes Joint Winner Of ‘2014 George Polya Prize’?
Answer: Nikhil Srivastava
82. Who Won British Grand Prix 2014?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
83. Which country won 2014 FIFA Football World Cup?
84. India’s First Indigenous Anti-Submarine Warship …………. handed over to Indian Navy recently?
Answer: INS Kamrota
85. International Tiger Day Observed Across the World on:
Answer: 29th July 2014