General Knowledge Model Questions and Answers for the preparation of Kerala PSC Village Extension Officer [VEO] Examination.
1. The year in which the Dada Saheb Phalke award was instituted?
The Award is given for lifelong contribution to Indian Cinema. The first winner of Dada Saheb Phalke Award was Devika Rani Chaudhuri Roerich (1969).
2. Name the Commission which investigated the Rajiv Gandhi murder case?
Answer: Jain Commission.
3. Who was the youngest elected President of India?
Answer: Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
4. Who was the first woman IPS Officer in Kerala?
Smt. Padma Ramachandran was the first woman Chief Secretary of Kerala.
5. Who said, ‘‘Liberty is my birthright’’?
Answer: Bal Gangadhar Tilak
6. The constitution of India was adopted on:
Answer: November 26, 1949. Our Constitution came into existence on January 26, 1950.
7. Rourkela steel plant is in:
8. The headquaters of UNICEF is in:
Answer: New York
9. The headquarters of World Bank is in:
Download more Headquarters Locations of Important International Organizations in PDF file from: http://www.keralapscblog.com/2013/06/international-organizations-and.html
10. Which state in India having maximum number of Lok Sabha seats?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh.
There are 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh also has the maximum number of Legislative Assembly seats.
11. Who is the author of the book 'Randamoozham'?
Answer: Vasudevan Nair
12. The first Indira Gandhi Award for International Justice and Harmony was given to:
Answer: Nelson Mandela.
13. Who started the Bhoodan Movement?
Answer: Vinoba Bhave.
14. Name the person who received both Bharat Ratna and Nishan-E-Pakistan:
Answer: Morarji Desai.
15. The first district in India to attain total literacy?
Please note that Medium of Question of Village Extension Officer 2014 Examination is Malayalam/Tamil/Kannada.