Current Affairs April 2014 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
Current Affairs April 2014 Questions and answers in PDF.
1. Ibrahim Mahlab has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of ……………?
2. Who has been selected for the 2013 International Gandhi Peace Prize?
Answer: Chandi Prasad Bhatt, He is one of the pioneers of the Chipko Movement.
3. The men’s singles title in the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2014 was won by ……………?
Answer: Roger Federer
4. National Science Day was observed on:
Answer: February 28
5. The city in which India’s first post office savings bank ATM has been inaugurated?
6. Which movie won seven awards at the 86th Academy Awards?
Answer: Gravity, This movie has been directed by Alfonso Cuaron (Mexico). He won the best director award for the film.
7. Which nation won the most number of gold medals in the 2014 Winter Olympics?
Answer: Russia (13 Gold medals)
8. Who won the ICC under 19 World Cup 2014?
Answer: South Africa
9. Who is appointed as the new Army Director General Military Operations (DGMO)?
Answer: Lt Gen P.R Kumar
10. Who won the National Billiard Championship title?
Answer: Sourav Kothari
11. The Ennore port of Chennai has recently been renamed as …………….?
Answer: Kamarajar Port
12. Who won the Delhi Open ATP Challenger Tennis title?
Answer: Somdev Dev Varman
13. India’s first electric passenger bus has been launched by which city’s transport corporation?
14. Which Commission probing the Solar panel scam began its sitting in February?
Answer: Justice Sivarajan Commission
15. What is the name given to the world’s fastest car, recently developed by US engineers?
Answer: Venom GT, It can achieve a maximum speed of 435 km/hr.
16. Which has become the first city in India to have free Wifi hotspots?
17. Who was named best actress in the 86th Academy Awards?
Answer: Cate Blanchette, She got the award for her role in the movie Blue Jasmine, directed by Woody Allen. Mathew Mc Conaughty won the best actor Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club.
18. Which team bagged the 68th Santosh Trophy football title?
19. Which Indian writer won the Windham Campbell Literature Prize?
Answer: Pankaj Mishra
20. International Women’s Day was celebrated on:
Answer: March 8
21. World Dentist Day was observed on ……………?
Answer: March 6
22. Who is appointed as the new Governor of Kerala?
Answer: Sheila Dikshit
23. Who regained the title as world’s richest person according to Forbes magazine’s annual ranking of global billionaires?
Answer: Bill Gates
24. Which Indian won the SAIL-SBI Open Golf title 2014?
Answer: Rashid Khan
25. World Wildlife Day was observed on:
Answer: March 3
26. Dinesh Sarraf has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of …………?
Answer: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Ltd
27. Which former Union Minister wrote the book India at Risk?
Answer: Jaswant Singh
28. India’s largest solar power plant was launched in which state?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
29. World’s longest aircraft recently unveiled in Britain is named …………..?
30. Name the eminent Hindi writer who has been selected for Vyas Samman in 2013?
Answer: Viswanath Thripathi
31. What is the name given to the biggest virus ever found, recently discovered in Siberia?
Answer: Pithovirus sibericum
32. Who won 2014 Miami Masters title by defeating Rafel Nadal in the final?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
33. Who is appointed as the next Secretary General of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)?
Answer: Jens Stoltenberg
34. Which country won women’s Cricket T20 World Cup 2014 title?
35. Which country won its maiden T20 Cricket World Cup 2014 title?
Answer: Sri Lanka
36. World Health Day is celebrated on:
Answer: April 7, Theme of this Year’s World Health Day was “Vector-borne diseases”.
37. Who won the Miss India 2014 title?
Answer: Koyal Rana
38. Who has been chosen for the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2013?
Answer: Gulzar his real name is Sampooran Singh Kalra.
39. Who is appointed as the new Chief Justice of India?
Answer: Justice R.M. Lodha
40. Who won the Millennium technology prize 2014?
Answer: Stuart Parkin
41. Who is appointed as the new Chief of the Indian Navy?
Answer: Robin K. Dhowan
42. Who is appointed as the first ever woman Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court?
Answer: Justice G Rohini
43. Who is reelected as the Prime Minister of Hungary?
Answer: Viktor Orban reelected to a third term as Prime Minister of Hungary.
44. Who is appointed as the new Finance Secretary of India?
Answer: Arvind Mayaram
45. Who becomes the new Prime Minister of Kazakhstan?
Answer: Karim Masimov
46. The World Green Economy Summit (WGES) 2014 was held in:
47. Who is honoured with Goldman Environmental Prize 2014?
Answer: Indian environment activist Ramesh Agrawal
48. Which Indian Cricketer has won United Kingdom’s 2014 Asian award for outstanding achievement in Sports?
Answer: MS Dhoni
49. Who is the author of the book ‘The Accidental Prime Minister – The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan Singh‘?
Answer: Sanjaya Baru
50. Which film was selected as the Best Film for 61st National Film Awards announced on 16th April 2014?
Answer: Ship of Theseus
The 61st National Film Awards for 2013 was announced in New Delhi on 16th April by the Directorate of Film Festivals.
Read more about National Film Awards 2014: Complete List of Winners from here:
51. The Pulitzer Prize for Fiction-2014 has been awarded to Donna Tartt for her novel …………?
Answer: The Goldfinch
52. What is the name of the deadly virus for which the Computer Emergency Response Team of India (CERT-In) issued an advisory on 11 April 2014 to all Internet users in the country?
53. Name the Nobel Prize winning Colombian author died on 17 April 2014?
Answer: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
54. What is the full form of ‘IRNSS‘?
Answer: Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System
55. World Malaria Day was observed on:
Answer: 25 April 2014
Download Current Affairs April 2014 Questions and answers in PDF file.
Read more Current Affairs 2014
4. Read about Oscar Academy Awards 2014 Winners here:
5. Read about Padma Award 2014 Complete List of Winners details here: