Current Affairs March 2014 Questions and answers in PDF.
Current Affairs March 2014 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
1. Which legendary bhajan singer who was popularly known as ‘Adhunik Meera’ passed away recently?
Answer: Juthika Roy
2. Which eminent Hindi writer has been selected for Vyas Samman 2013?
Answer: Vishwanath Tripathi
3. Teresa Kho has been appointed as the new country Director for India, of which international agency?
Answer: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
4. The Cloud Computing System recently launched by the Government of India is named …………..?
5. The seventh Central Pay Commission has been constituted under the chairmanship of …………..?
Answer: Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur
6. The 101st Indian Science Congress was held at …………..?
7. Who succeeded Bill Gates as the new chairman of Microsoft?
Answer: John Thompson
8. Which national tribunal has issued a ban on burning tyres in public places?
Answer: National Green Tribunal
9. Which Srilankan batsman has scored a triple century and a century in the same test recently?
Answer: Kumar Sangakkara
10. The Central Government has constituted a committee under M.P Bezbaruah to suggest measures to address concerns of the people of which region?
Answer: North East
11. The Chennai based company Sterling Resorts has recently merged with which travel and holiday company?
Answer: Thomas Cook India
12. Who is elected as the first chairman of the ICC board?
Answer: N. Sreenivasan
13. Who has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Nepal?
Answer: Sushil Koirala
14. Dr. Marco Lambertini has been appointed as the Director General of which international organization?
Answer: World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
15. Who has become the first woman to be appointed as the Additional Director of the CBI?
Answer: Archana Ramasundaram
16. Who took over as the new CEO of Microsoft?
Answer: Satya Nadella
17. Which committee has recently submitted its report on the IPL spot fixing scandal?
Answer: Justice Mudgal Committee
18. The oldest human footprints outside Africa were discovered recently in which country?
Answer: United Kingdom
19. The 2014 Winter Olympic Games were held in which Russian city?
20. Which cantilever bridge in Tamilnadu is celebrating its centenary this year?
Answer: Pamban Railway Bridge
21. The internet surveillance system to be launched by the Government of India, capable of capturing dubious voice and written message passing through various social sites, blogs, internet calls and other online forums?
22. Who is appointed as the new chief of the Broadcast Content Complaints Council (BCCC)?
Answer: Justice Mukul Mudgal
23. Who resigned as the Chief Minister of Delhi?
Answer: Arvind Kejriwal
24. World Radio Day was observed on ……………?
Answer: February 13
25. UN observed February 6 as the International Day of Zero Tolerance to which inhuman practice?
Answer: Female Genital Mutilation
26. The United Nations has observed the first week of February as …………?
Answer: World Interfaith Harmony Week
27. Enrico Letta, who resigned recently, was the Prime Minster of ………..?
28. The meeting of the G-4 Director Generals for UN Affairs recently met in which Indian city?
Answer: New Delhi
29. Which Hollywood actress popularly known as ‘America’s Little Darling’ passed away recently?
Answer: Shirley Temple
30. Who is the author of the book recently withdrawn from the Indian market, The Hindus: An Alternative History?
Answer: Wendy Doniger
31. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
Answer: R. K Tiwari
32. …………… has become the first state in India to legally ban the consumption of all forms of smokeless tobacco?
33. Which volcano located in the island of Java in Indonesia erupted on 13 February?
Answer: Mount Kelud
34. The third World Congress on Agro-Forestry was held at …………?
Answer: New Delhi
35. The country in which more than hundred persons were killed when a C-130 Hercules Military Aircraft crashed on February 12?
36. Footlights, which was published recently was the only novel ever written by which movie legend?
Answer: Charlie Chaplin
37. Which Indian has taken charge as the Regional Director of World Health Organization’s South East Asia Region?
Answer: Poonam Khetrapal
38. Ali Mohamed Sherin who was on an official visit to India in February, is the President of which autonomous region under Tanzania?
39. Manoj Vaish has taken over as the MD & CEO of which stock exchange?
Answer: Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited
40. Which two Asian countries have recently conducted their first official level meeting since 1949?
Answer: China and Taiwan
41. In which state is the biennial tribal festival ‘Sammakkaa Saarakka’ held?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
42. The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issues orders to install …………. in all Public Transport Vehicles in Major cities?
Answer: Global Positioning System (GPS)
43. As per the report released by the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, …………… has become the only state in the country to achieve 100 percent sanitation in rural and urban households, schools, sanitary complexes and Aanganwadi centres?
44. Who broke Sergey Bubka’s 21 year old pole vault World record with a mark of 6.16 metre?
Answer: Renaud Lavillenie (France)
45. International Mother Language Day was observed on ………….
Answer: February 21
46. India’s oldest parliamentarian and member of the first Lok Sabha who recently retired from active politics?
Answer: Rishang Keishing
47. Which language has recently got Classical Status?
48. The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has joined hands with ………. to create a 360 degree panoramic imagery of 100 nationally important monuments in India?
49. Which is the first train in India to be attached with Braille-embedded coach for visually challenged passengers?
Answer: Purushottam Express
50. Which Zoological park in India is to have the country’s first breeding centre for wild dog, Dhole?
Answer: Indira Gandhi Zoological Park, Vishakhapattanam
51. India is to host World Bridge Championship in the year …………..?
52. Which movie won the Best Film Award in the 2014 British Academy Film Awards?
Answer: 12 Years a Slave
53. The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh who resigned recently?
Answer: Kiran Kumar Reddy
54. As per the bill passed by the Lok Sabha, the Telengana state will have how many districts?
55. Which popular cinematographer and Director famous for his Malayalam film Yatra passed away on 13 February?
Answer: Balu Mahendra
56. World Day of Social Justice was observed on ……………..?
Answer: February 20
57. The bill seeking to ensure the safety of those who expose corruption by public servants and ministers was recently passed by Lok Sabha. What is the name of the bill?
Answer: Whistleblowers Protection Bill
58. Archana Bhargava, who recently resigned from the post, was the Chairman and Managing Director of which bank?
Answer: Union Bank of India
59. Which Indian film won the Crystal Bear for the Best Film awarded by the Children’s Jury at the 64th Berlin International Film Festival?
60. The largest combat exercise carried out by the Indian Navy in the Bay of Bengal was named ……………?
Answer: Tropex 2014
61. Which social media site purchased the popular mobile messaging company WhatsApp?
62. The formation of which statutory body has been approved by the Government of India to check discrimination of Minority Community in jobs and education?
Answer: Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
63. Viktor Yanukovych who has been ousted from power recently, was the President of which country?
64. Who are the winners of the recently held Hockey India League 2014?
Answer: Delhi Waveriders
65. Which Indian Cricketer has been named brand ambassador of Gujarat Election Commission?
Answer: Cheteshwar Pujara
66. Which Indian has been appointed as the President of the Administrative Tribunal of Asian Development Bank?
Answer: Lakshmi Swaminathan
67. Which country’s interim Prime Minister Hazem Beblawi announced the resignation of his government?
68. World Water Day 2014 was observed across the World on:
Answer: March 22
69. India’s largest Solar Power Plant launched recently in:
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
70. Ibrahim Mahlab sworn in as the new Prime Minister of:
71. India’s first post office savings bank ATM inaugurated in:
72. Who won the National Billiard Championship title 2014?
Answer: Sourav Kothari
73. India’s first electric zero-emission bus launched in which Indian city?
74. Who is appointed as the new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO)?
Answer: Lt Gen PR Kumar
75. Who won the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2014?
Answer: South Africa
76. Who is selected for the Gandhi Peace Prize 2013?
Answer: Mr. Chandi Prasad Bhatt
77. Who is appointed as the new Governor of Kerala?
Answer: Sheila Dikshit
78. Who is sworn in as the President of Chile for second time?
Answer: Michelle Bachelet
79. International Women’s Day Observed On:
Answer: 8th March