Current Affairs February 2014 Questions and answers in PDF.
Current Affairs February 2014 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
1. Who won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2014?
Answer: Cyrus Mistry
2. The spiritual head of the Dawoodi Bohra community who passed away recently?
Answer: Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin
3. The mission newly launched by the Government of India to improve the public health care in the urban areas?
Answer: National Urban Health Mission (NUHM)
4. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways celebrated January 11 to 17 as ………… week?
Answer: Road Safety Week
5. Which legendary Bengali actress who starred in memorable Hindi films like Devdas and Aandhi passed away on January 17?
Answer: Suchitra Sen
6. Who is appointed as India’s new Commerce Secretary?
Answer: Rajeev Kher
7. India’s joint Coast Guard exercise with which country was named Sahayog Kaijin 2014?
8. The first women to be appointed as chief of the National Police Academy, Hyderabad?
Answer: Aruna Bahuguna
9. Catherine Samba Panza has been elected as the interim President of which African country?
Answer: Central African Republic
10. The new authority setup by the Government of India to advice the Railway Ministry on fare and freight rates?
Answer: Rail Tariff Authority
11. Who became the youngest person to reach South pole?
Answer: Lewis Clarke
12. Which community has recently been granted minority status by the Union Government?
13. Which country won the inaugural title of Hockey World League Final?
14. Who heads the expert committee set up by the Reserve Bank of India to review the governance of Boards of Banks in India?
Answer: P.J Nayak
15. Which phenomenon is stated to be the reason for the record low temperatures in the United States?
Answer: Polar Vortex
16. What is the name of the private information stealing virus detected in online banking transactions, by the Computer Emergency response Team – India (CERT-In)?
17. Which African nation approved a new constitution in the referendum held on January 14 and 15?
18. Who won FIFA’s Women World Player of the Year Award 2013?
Answer: Nadine Angerer (Germany)
19. The new secretary of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)?
Answer: Sudhir Gupta
20. Akhilesh Gupta has been re-elected as the president of Which Indian sports body?
Answer: Badminton Association of India (BAI)
21. Who became the first Indian wicket keeper to cross 300 dismissals in One Day Internationals?
Answer: M.S Dhoni
22. Which Indian dairy co-operative launched the country’s first ‘Milk ATM’?
23. Which Srilankan cricketer has recently joined the 11000 test runs club?
Answer: Mahela Jayawardhene
24. Hery Rajaonarimampinana has been elected as the new President of which island country?
25. Which authority has recently launched a programme to set up village level legal service clinics in every taluk in the country?
Answer: National Legal Services Authority (NALSA)
26. National Voters Day was celebrated on:
Answer: January 25
27. Which Indian state won the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) Ulysses Award for Innovation in Public Policy and Governance?
28. Which country recently allowed Sikh Military men to wear turbans, head scarves and other religious clothing with their uniform?
29. Which Russian Martial Arts has been recognized by the Olympic Council of Asia to be included in the Asian Games from 2019?
30. The International Petroleum Conference 2014 has been held in which Indian city?
Answer: New Delhi
31. Which country is presently building a new sanctuary to world’s rarest Javan rhinos?
32. Which Indian born scientist was awarded 2014 Marconi Society Prize, for developing the theory and application of Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antennas?
Answer: A.J Paulraj
33. Which legendary actor of Telugu cinema and Dadasaheb Phalke awardee (1991) passed away on 22 January?
Answer: Akkineni Nageswara Rao
34. Who heads the panel set up by the Reserve Bank of India to scrutinize applications for new bank licenses?
Answer: Bimal Jalan
35. The World Health Organization has termed which city as the World’s largest reservoir of endemic polio virus?
Answer: Peshawar (Pakistan)
36. Which lake lagoon in India has recently been named ‘Destination Flyways’ by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)?
Answer: Chilka lagoon (Odhisha)
37. National Girl Child Day was observed on:
Answer: January 24
38. International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust was observed on ………….?
Answer: January 27
39. The Reserve Bank of India has decided to withdraw all currency notes issued prior to which year?
40. Who was chief gust at the 65th Republic Day celebrations at Delhi?
Answer: Shinzo Abe. He is the Prime Minister of Japan.
41. Who headed the expert committee set up to review the institutional framework of Prasar Bharti?
Answer: Sam Pitroda
42. Who won the 2014 Australian Open Men’s Singles title?
Answer: Stanislas Wawrinka
43. Who won the Women’s singles in the Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold Badminton tournament?
Answer: Saina Nehwal
44. Which Chinese player defeated Domibka Cibulkova of Slovakia to win the 2014 Australian Open Women’s Singles title?
Answer: Li Na
45. Which former Soviet Republic has recently been troubled by anti-government protests?
46. Who have recently been conferred Padma Vibhushan, India’s second highest civilian honour?
Answer: R.A Mashelkar and BKS Iyengar
47. Which world renowned physicist has proposed a new theory on Black Holes?
Answer: Stephen Hawking
48. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand?
Answer: Harish Rawat (Indian National Congress)
49. India’s first monorail service was inaugurated in which city?
50. World Wetland Day was celebrated on:
Answer: February 2
51. Which team won the 2014 Renji Trophy cricket tournament?
52. Who became the first woman to be inducted to be umpire’s panel of International Cricket Council (ICC)?
Answer: Kathy Cross
53. Who was conferred this year’s ICTP Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from developing countries?
Answer: Anand Kumar
54. Which person of Indian origin got the prestigious South African Award ‘Amadelakufa’?
Answer: Ela Gandhi
55. World Cancer Day was observed on:
Answer: February 4
56. Which African country has recently recognized Indian Rupee as their legal tender in trade?
57. Which Indian was appointed by the United Nations as special advisor on cyber security?
Answer: Vivek Lall