Botany General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. A Pigment responsible for photo morphogenetic responses is?
2. The disease ’die back of shoots’ is caused due to the deficiency of the micro element:
3. Anomocytic type of stomata is the feature of:
4. Father of gene therapy?
5. Smallest living cell?
6. In flurascent microscope the radiations pass through a filter called?
7. Which is the smallest dicot plant?
8. Tetrand formation occurs in which stage of meosis?
9. Chiasmata was first observed by?
10. Which plant has longest fibre?
Answer: Linum usitatissimum
11. A xerophyte bryophyte?
12. The scaly membraneous perianth of graminae?
13. The vector which can multiply in more than one host?
Answer: Shuttle vector
14. A plasmid with phage gene is called?
15. The stomata which guard cell have lost their power are?
Answer: Potomogeton type
16. First bio insecticide to be developed in commercial scale?
17. How many meotic divisions are need for the development of 64 spores?
18. Split genes are discovered by?
Answer: Sharp & Robertis
19. Which Amino acid known as bacterial amino acid?
Answer: Diamino pimelic acid
20. Rephano brassica is an example for?
21. Recently discovered non-leguminous nitrogen fixing
Answer: Acatobacter paspali
22. Largest organelle of a plant cell?
23. Late blight of potato is caused by?
Answer: Phytophthora Infestans
24. Which plant is called water fly trap?
25. Intra nuclear mitosis is known as?
26. The structure that is produced by the parasitie fungi to adhere to the host cell?
27. Father of plant physiology
Answer: Stephen Hales
28. The simplest biological light energy transducer?
29. Reagent used in RNA extraction is?
Answer: Guanadinium thiocyanate