Current Affairs October 2013 Questions and answers in PDF.
Current Affairs October 2013 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
1. Which country has recently launched the new generation Epsilon rocket?
2. According to the confirmation by NASA which spacecraft has become the first manmade object to go beyond the solar system and reach interstellar space?
Answer: Voyager 1
3. Which American Engineer and inventor of the Dolby Noise Reduction system, passed away recently?
Answer: Ray Milton Dolby
4. International Day for the Preservation of Ozone Layer was observed on .........?
Answer: September 16
5. Which Indian pair won the doubles title in the ITF Men’s tennis tournament in Egypt?
Answer: N. Sriram Balaji and Ranjeet Virali Murugesan
6. India’s nuclear capable intercontinental ballistic missile, successfully test fired recently from Chandipur?
Answer: Agni V
7. According to the UN report, which gas was used in the chemical attacks in Syria?
8. Which two cricketers have been banned for life by the BCCI for spot fixing during IPL 6?
Answer: S. Sreesanth and Ankeet Chavan
9. Where was India’s first marine eco sensitive zone declared?
Answer: Gulf of Kutch
10. Who was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Australia?
Answer: Tony Abbott
11. Hindi Day was celebrated across India on:
Answer: 14th September, It was on this day in 1949 that the Constituent Assembly adopted Hindi as the official language.
12. International Day of Democracy was observed on:
Answer: September 15
13. Which Indian has recently been declared the world’s tallest woman by the Guinness World Records?
Answer: Siddiqa Parveen
14. Which sport regained its place in the Olympic Games 2020 and 2024 after a recent voting by the International Olympic Committee members?
15. Which Australian has become the world’s youngest person to fly a single engine aircraft solo around the world?
Answer: Ryan Campbell (19 years)
16. Who received this year’s Tagore Award for Cultural harmony?
Answer: Zubin Mehta
17. International Literacy Day was observed on:
Answer: September 8
18. The world’s highest civilian airport recently opened in China?
Answer: Daocheng Yading Airport
19. International Day of Peace was observed on:
Answer: September 21
20. Which film has been chosen as India’s entry for the best foreign film to the Oscars 2013?
Answer: The Good Road. The Gujarati film is directed by Gyan Correa
21. Which Indian has been elected chairperson of the International Coffee Council?
Answer: Jawaid Akhtar
22. Where is the Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University coming up?
Answer: Rae Bareli (Utter Pradesh)
23. Which football club won this year’s Durand Cup?
Answer: Mohammedan Sporting. They won the cup after 73 years.
24. Who won the women’s Table Tennis World Cup?
Answer: Liu Shiwen (China)
25. Which country unveiled its most powerful supercomputer named Raijin?
26. Which country launched world’s first ever Deep Ultra Violet solid-state Laser device?
27. The eminent athletic coach and Dronacharya Award winner who passed away on 25 September?
Answer: A. K Kutty
28. The former Bihar Chief Minister who has been sentenced to five years imprisonment in the fodder scam case?
Answer: Lalu Prasad Yadav
29. Who has been appointed as the new Indian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom?
Answer: Ranjan Mathai
30. Which Indian journalist was presented with ‘Friendship Award’, China’s highest honour for foreign experts?
Answer: Ravi Shankar
31. Who won the Miss World 2013 title?
Answer: Megan Young
32. Who is appointed as the new IPL Chairman?
Answer: Ranjib Biswal
33. Which country withdrew recently from the Commonwealth of Nations?
Answer: The Gambia
34. The scientists who won this year’s Nobel prize in Medicine?
Answer: James Rothman, Randy Schekman and Thomas Sudhof.
35. The 2014 Commonwealth Games is to be held in:
Answer: Glasgow (United Kingdom)
36. Who won this year’s Nobel Prize for Physics?
Answer: Peter W. Higgs (Britain) and Francois Englert (Belgium)
37. The International Day of Rural Women was observed on:
Answer: October 15
38. Who are the winners of 2013 Nobel Prize for Economics?
Answer: Eugene Fama, Lars Peter Hansen and Robert J Shiller
39. World Arthritis Day was observed on:
Answer: October 12
40. Which organization has won the Nobel Prize for Peace 2013?
Answer: Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
41. Who won the Chemistry Nobel 2013?
Answer: Michael Levitt, Martin Karplus and Arieh Warshel.
42. Who won this year’s Nobel Prize for Literature?
Answer: Alice Munro (Canada)
43. The Inga dam is the World’s largest proposed hydropower project. In which country this dam is being constructed?
Answer: Democratic Republic of Congo
44. Which nation has become the first European nation to make military service compulsory for women?
45. Who has written the book ‘The River of Smoke’?
Answer: Amitav Ghosh
46. As on June 2013, which is India’s super fast computer?
Answer: iData Plex
47. Who has been appointed as Director General, National Disaster Response Force and Civil Defence?
Answer: Krishna Chaudhary
48. Who has won the men’s singles title of Singapore Open Super series badminton tournament 2013?
Answer: Tommy Sugiarto