Current Affairs September 2013 Questions and answers in PDF.
Current Affairs September 2013 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
1. Who equaled the world record of eight golds at the 2013 World Athletics Championships?
Answer: Usain Bolt
2. The Chinese Navy hospital ship which paid a week-long goodwill visit to Bangladesh recently?
Answer: Peace Ark
3. Who has been appointed as the Chairperson of the National School of Drama Society?
Answer: Ratan Thiyam
4. In which state did the Saharsha-Patna Rajyarani Express run over pilgrims killing 37 people?
5. Where in India was the statue of Nobel Laureate Dr. Norman Borlaug unveiled recently?
Answer: New Delhi
6. Whose new book, ‘My Journey: Transforming Dreams into Actions’ has been released recently?
Answer: A.P.J Abdul Kalam
7. World Photography Day was celebrated on:
Answer: August 19
8. The scientists of the Smithsonian Institution of the United States have recently announced the discovery of a new mammal named ………….?
9. Who has been selected for Sir Edmund Hillary Mountain Legacy Medal 2013?
Answer: Harshwanti Bisht
10. Who has been appointed as the Director General of the CRPF?
Answer: Dilip Trivedi
11. Who won the Men’s singles in the Rogers Cup 2013, held in Montreal, Canada?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
12. In which state is the Election Commission planning to use Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trial (VVPAT) system for the first time in the country?
13. Who has been appointed as India’s new Ambassador and the Permanent Representative on the U.N Conference on Disarmament?
Answer: Dr. Bala Venkatesh Varma
14. Which Indian squash player won gold in the Asian Youth Games held in Nanjing, China?
Answer: Kush Kumar
15. The Indian who won bronze medal in the 96 kg freestyle category at the recently held World junior Wrestling Championships held in Sofia, Bulgaria?
Answer: Satywart Kadian
16. Which International Tennis player from France, who also won the Wimbledon Women’s Singles title 2013, has announced her retirement from the game?
Answer: Marion Bartoli
17. India has won 83 medals at the 2013 World Police & Fire Games held at ………….?
18. What does RGGVY stand for?
Answer: Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana. The programme is aimed at providing electricity to all rural households. The Government of India has recently decided to continue the programme.
19. The new mobile app devised by German scientists that helps locate lost items?
Answer: Find My Stuff
20. The Indian Newspaper Society has approved the proposal to hike the FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) in print media from 26 percent to ………….. percent?
21. Who won the women’s singles in the Cincinnati Open tennis tournament?
Answer: Victoria Azarenka.
22. Who is the Chairman of the newly constituted committee by the Central Government, to assess the status of Scheduled tribes?
Answer: Virginius Xaxa
23. The renowned Indian cricket coach and Dronacharya awardee who passed away on 16th August?
Answer: Desh Prem Azad
24. A Street in which foreign country has been named after Mahatma Gandhi on the occasion of India’s 67th Independence Day?
25. Which space telescope built by NASA has stopped its mission of ‘searching for habitable planets’ after its pointing system broke down?
Answer: Kepler telescope
26. Nouri-Al-Maliki, the prime minister of …………. recently visited India?
27. Which country’s Vice President, Mohammad Karim Khalili was on an official visit to India?
28. Which Indian state has recently enacted anti-superstition law?
29. Who became the first woman to take over as Chairman and Managing Director of HPCL?
Answer: Nishi Vasudeva
30. The airstrip in Ladakh, reopened by the Indian Air Force?
Answer: Daulat Beg Oldi
31. Who won the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix 2013?
Answer: Sebastian Vettel
32. Which Indian classical singer and music director from Odisha passed away on 25 August?
Answer: Raghunath Panigrahi
33. Which Indian won the Winston-Salem open tennis doubles title along with his Canadian partner Daniel Nestor?
Answer: Leander Paes
34. The Indian Navy’s submarine that sank at the navel dockyard in Mumbai after fire on board on August 14?
Answer: INS Sindhurakshak
35. Who won this year’s Children’s Peace prize, instituted by the Dutch based Kids Rights Foundation?
Answer: Malala Yousafzai
36. Which country’s army general, Lt Gen Maqsood Ahmed, has been appointed as the Military Advisor for United Nations Peace Keeping operations?
37. …………… was observed as the International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its abolition?
Answer: August 23
38. On which day was the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s famous ‘I have a dream’ speech celebrated?
Answer: August 28
39. In which country did many people including children die in attacks using chemical warfare?
40. Who heads the Tax Administration Reform Commission (TARC), recently set up by the Government of India?
Answer: Parthasarathy Shome
41. Facebook and Six other technology firms (Ericson, MediaTek, Nokia, Opera, Qualcomm and Samsung) have launched an initiative named ……….. to make internet access affordable for people across the globe?
Answer: Internet. org
42. As a measure to contain the downward trend of Rupee, the Government of India has banned the duty-free import of …………. by air travelers?
Answer: Flat Screen Televisions
43. The scientists of which country have recently developed the most precise clock in the world?
Answer: United States
44. Who won the recently concluded Ashes Cricket test series?
45. Who received this year’s Mahatma Gandhi International Award for Peace and Reconciliation?
Answer: Brigalia Bam
46. Who took over as the President of Zimbabwe for another five year term?
Answer: Robert Mugabe
47. Who won this year’s Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
Answer: Ronjon Sodhi
48. Who won this year’s Dronacharya Award in connection with Athletics coaching?
Answer: K.P Thomas
49. International Day of the victims of enforced disappearances was observed on ……………..?
Answer: August 30
50. Who was honoured with the inaugural Mahathir award for Global Peace?
Answer: Nelson Mandela
51. The Life Sciences Park to be set up by the Kerala Government is named …………..?
Answer: Bio 360
52. Which country’s foreign minister, Samuel Santos Lopez visited India recently?
53. Which Indian has been appointed as the chairman of the Ethics Commission of the International Weightlifting Federation?
Answer: Birendra Prasad Baishya
54. Which Indian along with Zheng Jie of China won the women’s doubles title at the WTA New Haven Open?
Answer: Sania Mirza
55. Which Gulf nation has passed the country’s first law against domestic violence?
Answer: Saudi Arabia
56. Which neighbouring country’s Prime Minister, Tshering Tobgay has paid a six day visit to India recently?
57. Who stepped down as the Chairman of the National Payments Corporation of India?
Answer: K. Narayana Murthy
58. …………… was celebrated as the National Sports Day?
Answer: 29 August. This day marks the birthday of Dhyan Chand.
59. The UN General Assembly has declared April 6 as the International Day for ……………?
Answer: Sport for Development and Peace
60. The UN Human Rights Commissioner who was on a week-long fact finding mission in Sri Lanka?
Answer: Navi Pillai
61. Which neighbouring country is set to introduce the Right to Information bill in the Parliament?
62. Which Asian country has unveiled ‘Izumo’ , their largest warship after World War II?
63. The first prison in the country to have its own radio station?
Answer: Tihar Jail
64. The Irish writer and Nobel Prize recipient, who passed away on 30 August?
Answer: Seamus Heaney
65. Which software giant is to buy Nokia Company?
66. The Indian Air Force has inducted its biggest transport aircraft named ……………..?
Answer: C-17 Globemaster III
67. Who won the Asia Cup Men’s Hockey title?
Answer: South Korea
68. Which former heavy weight boxing champion, nicknamed ‘The Duke’, passed away recently?
Answer: Tommy Morrison
69. Which nation was chosen by the International Olympic Committee to host the 2020 Summer Olympics?
70. Where was this year’s G-20 Summit held?
Answer: St. Petersburg, Russia
71. Who won the Men’s singles at the US Open 2013?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
72. Which book written by Jhumba Lahiri has been shortlisted for the Booker Prize 2013?
Answer: The Lowland
73. The largest known volcano on the Earth, discovered recently?
Answer: Tamu Massif
74. Who has become India’s first Woman Chief Information Commissioner?
Answer: Deepak Sandhu
75. Who lifted the Italian Grand Prix Formula One title?
Answer: Sebastian Vettel
76. What is the name given to the new Android 4.4 operating system?
77. Which newly discovered painting has been confirmed as a work of Vincent Van Gogh?
Answer: Sunset at Montmajour
78. Who is the new President of the International Olympic Committee?
Answer: Thomas Bach
79. Who was conferred with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development recently?
Answer: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
80. Which state Government has announced the scheme Manodhairya to help rape survivors and child victims of sexual abuse?
81. Who won the South Asian Football Federation Championship 2013?
82. Who becomes the 23rd Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
Answer: Raghuram Govind Rajan
83. Who received Amnesty International Award 2013?
Answer: Malala Yousafzai
84. The International Day of Peace, also known as World Peace Day Observed On?
Answer: 21st September
85. Who becomes the first Indian to win bronze medal at World Wrestling Championship?
Answer: Sandeep Tulsi Yadav
86. Who is appointed as Rajasthan State Election Commissioner recently?
87. Who won Miss World 2013?
Answer: Megan Young
88. Who conferred with the Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony for year 2013?
Answer: Zubin Mehta
89. Who is sworn in as the12th President of Pakistan?
Answer: Mamnoon Hussain
90. Who wins US Open 2013 title?
Answer: Serena Williams
91. Who has been elected as the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC)?
Answer: Thomas Bach
92. World Tourism Day was observed on?
Answer: September 27, 2013
Theme for 2013: “Tourism and Water: Protecting our Common Future”