Download Solved Question paper of Postal/Sorting Assistant Examination held on 12th May 2013 in Kerala Circle.
1. The first temporary president of Constituent Assembly was:
(A) Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar
(B) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
(C) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(D) Dr. Sachidanand Sinha
Answer: (D) Dr. Sachidanand Sinha
2. Which among the following was the major demand of the Bardoli Satyagraha (1928) organized under the leadership of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel?
(A) Rollback of newly enhanced revenue rate
(B) Supply of Agricultural Inputs to farmers at subsidized rate
(C) Land to the tiller
(D) Increase the rates of labour wage
Answer: (A) Rollback of newly enhanced revenue rate
3. During the time of which Mughal emperor did the English East India Company establish its first factory in India?
Answer: (D) Jahangir
4. Find the incorrect statement:
(A) Full moon occurs when the moon comes between the Earth and Sun
(B) The difference in minutes between the Greenwich time and the local time at a place can be derived by multiplying the longitude of place by four
(C) Spring Tide is caused by the gravitational pull of the moon and the sun together in the same direction
(D) A line on a map that join all places of the same height above sea level is called contour line
Answer: (A) Full moon occurs when the moon comes between the Earth and Sun
5. The refractive indices of Kerosene, Turpentine and water are 1.44, 1.47 and 1.33 respectively. Light will have maximum speed in:
(B) Speed remains same for all
Answer: (A) Water
6. Who is credited with the discovery of Electron?
(A) James Chadwick
(C) E. Goldstein
(D) J.J. Thompson
Answer: (D) J.J. Thompson
7. Which of the following gases are given out during photosynthesis?
(D) Carbon dioxide
Answer: (C) Oxygen
8. What is the script of Ashoka’s inscriptions?
(C) Dev Nagri
Answer: (D) Brahmi
9. Which of the following articles of Constitution says that the executive power of every state shall be so exercised as not to impede or prejudice the exercise of the executive power of Union?
(A) Article 258
(B) Article 355
(C) Article 356
(D) Article 257
Answer: (D) Article 257
10. The distance between the Earth and Sun is greatest during:
(A) Winter Solstice
(D) Summer Solstice
Answer: (B) Aphelion
11. Who is the General Secretary of CPI (M)?
(A) Suravaram Sudhakar Reddy
(B) Basudev Acharia
(C) Prakash Karat
(D) None of these
Answer: (C) Prakash Karat
12. The central Government on 1st Jan, 2013 launched the pilot phase of direct cash benefits transfer scheme. Under this scheme the cash will be directly transferred to the intended beneficiaries through:
(A) Permanent Account Number linked Bank Account
(B) Voter I D linked Bank Account
(C) Aadhar-Linked Bank Accounts
(D) Ration Card linked Bank Accounts
Answer: (C) Aadhar-Linked Bank Accounts
13. Identify three leader states in wind energy among the following:
(A) Maharashtra, Odisha, Bihar
(B) Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal
(C) Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat
Answer: (D) Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat
14. Dr Montek Singh Ahluwalia said recently that the term “Bimaru” states should be done away with. Which states was/were termed as Bimaru states?
(A) Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh
(B) Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh
(C) Bihar, Uttar Pradesh
Answer: (B) Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh
15. Bhopal Gas tragedy is associated with leakage of:
(A) Carbon dioxide
(B) Methyl Iso Cyanate
(C) Sulphur Dioxide
(D) Nitrogen dioxide
16. Which company has developed AKASH, the cheapest tablet computer?
Answer: (C) Datawind
17. The government of India has given .........”languages of the 8th Schedule” the status of official language:
Answer: (D) 22
18. Who was world biggest exporter of rice in 2012 as per the latest report by Food & Agriculture organization?
Answer: (D) India
19. The National Development Council has approved recently the 12th five year plan and set an annual average growth target of:
20. India on Oct-4, 2012 successfully test fired nuclear capable Prithvi-II ballistic missile from a test range at Balasore. This was a:
(A) Air to Air Missile
(B) Surface to Air Missile
(C) Surface to Surface Missile
(D) Air to Surface Missile
Answer: (C) Surface to Surface Missile
21. Who was named AIFF (All India Football Federation) player of the year 2012?
(A) Gouramangi Singh
(B) Sunil Chhetri
(C) Syed Rahim Nabi
(D) Subrata Paul
Answer: (C) Syed Rahim Nabi
22. How many gold medals were won by India at Copa-Brasil-2012 Tournament of wrestling?
Answer: (B) Nine
23. The Reserve Bank of India has asked banks to ensure withdrawal of Non-CTS 2010 standard cheques with CTS standard-2010 cheques by:
(A) 30th April, 2013
(B) 31st December, 2013
(C) 31st March, 2013
(D) None of these
Answer: (C) 31st March, 2013
24. Recently consensus on GST has been arrived by center and states. What does GST mean?
(A) Gross Sales Tax
(B) Graded Sales Tax
(C) Global Sales Tax
(D) Goods and Service Tax
Answer: (D) Goods and Service Tax
25. Who was recently elected as Vice President of Indian National Congress?
(A) Kapil Sibal
(B) Manmohan Singh
(C) P. Chidambaram
(D) Rahul Gandhi
Answer: (D) Rahul Gandhi