Model Questions and answers about Panchayati Raj System in India for preparing examinations.
1. Which committee is known as ‘Committee on Panchayati Raj Institution’?
Answer: Ashok Mehta Committee
2. Kerala Panchayati Raj Act came into force on:
Answer: 23rd April 1994
3. The first Municipal corporation in India was set up ......... City?
4. Which committee was appointed to make recommendations on Local Self Government in Kerala?
5. Which article states that State shall take necessary steps to organize village panchayath?
6. Father of Local Self Government in India?
Answer: Lord Rippon
7. Sushil Kumar, the winner of kaun Banega Crorepathi; was appointed as the brand ambassador for which programme?
Answer: MG NREGA
8. Which Government appointed Ashok Mehta to study decentralization?
9. India’s experiment with democratic decentralization started in:
10. What is the foundation of Panchayati Raj system?
Answer: Gram Sabha
11. Panchayati Raj Act does not apply to the state of .........?
12. Who is known as the father of Panchayati Raj in India?
Answer: Balwanth Rai
13. Where is KILA [Kerala Institute of Local Administration] is situated?
14. Who was the Prime Minister when 73rd and 74th amendment implemented?
Answer: Narasimha Rao
15. 11th Schedule is associated to .........?
Answer: Powers of Panchayath
16. Nehru inaugurated Panchayati Raj System in Rajasthan on:
Answer: 2nd October 1959
17. Which is the first state in South India to introduce Panchayati Raj?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
18. Who is responsible to make changes in names and boundaries of the states?
19. Who served longest period as the Deputy Chief Minister of Kerala?
Answer: Avukkadar Kutty Naha
20. Swaraj Trophy associated with:
Answer: Best Panchayath