Selected Questions and answers for preparing Kerala PSC Junior Assistant, Lower Division Clerk-2013 and other Competitive Examinations.
1. The Periodic Table arranges the elements in the order of?
Answer: Atomic Number
2. Soap is prepared by boiling Caustic soda with?
3. Heavy water is?
Answer: Deuterium oxide (D2O)
4. Which is called ‘Rock Cotton’?
5. Which is called ‘Black Diamond’?
6. Which is called ‘Brown Coal’?
7. Metals extract from sea water?
Answer: Sodium and Magnesium
8. Which is known as ‘Metal of Future’?
9. Electron was discovered by?
Answer: J.J Thomson
10. ‘Freon’ used as refrigerant is chemically known as?
Answer: Fluorinated Hydrocarbon
11. Paper is chemically?
12. Plumbism is a disease caused by?
13. Ethai ethai is a disease caused by?
14. Minamata is a disease caused by?
15. Which gas is evolved when a metal react with acid?
16. Mercury can best be purified by?
Answer: Vacuum Distillation
17. Hardest substance in Earth is?
18. Calgon is:
Answer: Sodium Hexametaphosphate
19. Carbon content in the steel?
Answer: 0.02 to 2.1%
20. The Chemical name of Teflon?
Answer: Polytetra Fluoroethylene
21. Impurity present in Ore is:
22. The Atomic number was first calculated by?
Answer: H.G.J Moseley
23. Simplest Hydrocarbon?
24. Zinc is extracted by the method?
25. Who coined the name Oxygen?
26. The particle having major role in bending the Nucleus?
27. Substance harms to human due to smoking?
28. The element has Atomic number 2?
29. The gas helps to ripen fruits?
30. Which metal has the density less than that of water?