Current Affairs July 2013 Questions and answers in PDF
Current Affairs July 2013 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
Download the Current Affairs July 2013 Questions and answers in PDF file from the Link at the Bottom.
1. Which is the first Indian state to introduce e-GPF facility?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
2. Recently three astronauts reached International Space Station in six hours from Earth. Which spaceship is used by them?
Answer: Suyuz- TMA
3. Recently, the High Court of which state in India had given a verdict that all new vehicles registered in the state should run on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)?
4. In recent times, BYOD has been making waves in the business world, with a large number of companies opening up to the concept to enhance business productivity. BYOD stands for?
Answer: Bring Your Own Device
5. Who won the high quality final match of the 12th Asian Billiards Championship 2013?
Answer: Rupesh Shah
6. Recently, which National Park was chosen for unmanned aerial survey, which is first of its kind in India?
Answer: Kaziranga National park
7. As per the provisional data released by the Central Statistical Organization (CSO), for 2012-13, which state leads all states in India with respect to economic growth?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
8. Which is the innovative exhibition on rail, launched by Ministry of Environment for to create awareness in youth about the exceptional biodiversity of India?
Answer: Science Express Biodiversity Special (SEBS) Train
9. Which country was making news recently as it’s privately owned newspapers go on sale for the first time since 1964?
10. Who has been recently appointed as the new chief of NASSCOM?
Answer: Krishnakumar Natarajan
11. Who was awarded Pandit Hridaynath Lifetime Achievement award recently?
Answer: Asha Bhonsle
12. Manik Sarkar has become the Chief Minister of which state for the fourth consecutive time recently?
13. Who has become Kenya’s fourth President?
Answer: Uhuru Kenyatta
14. Which state in India will host the World Chess Championship from November 6 to 26 in 2013?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
15. The code name given to the electronic surveillance program operated by the United States which is said to have had direct access to the communications passed through Google, Facebook, Apple and many other internet companies?
16. According to the data released by the World Steel Association, India is ranked ………….. in the world steel production?
Answer: Fourth. The world No.1 producer is China.
17. World Ocean Day was celebrated on …………?
Answer: June 8
18. Who has registered a record 8th win in the Men’s Singles title in the French Open Tennis Tournament?
Answer: Rafael Nadal (Spain), with this win he has become the only male player to win any Grand Slam tournament eight times, and the first man to win at least one grand slam tournament for nine consecutive years.
19. Who won the Women’s Singles in the French Open Tennis Tournament?
Answer: Serena Williams (US). This is her 16th Grand Slam title.
20. Who is appointed as the new Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan?
Answer: TCA Raghavan
21. The founder of the famous Sulabh Project, who has been presented with the French award, ‘Legend of Planet’?
Answer: Bindeshwar Pathak
Sulabh International is a social service organization which works mainly in the field of sanitation to improve public health.
22. Infinity Tower, the World’s tallest twisted tower (306 meter) was inaugurated in:
23. The young Indian shuttler who won the Thailand Open Grand Prix Badminton Trophy?
Answer: K. Srikanth
24. The multi agency body to be established by the Government of India to carry out real-time assessment of cyber security threats?
Answer: National Cyber Coordination Centre (NCCC)
25. A newly discovered layer of the Human cornea?
Answer: Dua’s Layer
26. World Blood Donor Day was observed on:
Answer: June 14
27. Which country launched ‘Shenzhou 10’, their fifth manned space mission?
28. The 160 year old communication service recently discontinued by the Government of India?
Answer: Telegram. It stopped working on July 14, 2013.
29. Where was this year’s G-8 summit held?
Answer: Lough Erne, Northern Ireland in United Kingdom
30. Who has been selected as the captain of the India Under-19 Cricket team?
Answer: Vijay Zol, Sanju Samson, the wicket keeper from Kerala is the Vice Captain of the team.
31. The new chairman of the Life Insurance Corporation of India?
Answer: S. K Roy
32. Who won this year’s Walter Scott Prize?
Answer: Tan Twan Eng. The Malaysian author got the award for his novel ‘The Garden of Evening Mists’.
33. As per the United Nations World Populations Prospects Report released recently, India will emerge as the most populous country in …………?
34. China has recently developed the World’s fastest supercomputer named ………….?
35. Petr Necas, who resigned recently amidst accusations of corruption, was the Prime Minister of …………….?
Answer: Czech Republic
36. Who is the new Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways?
Answer: Oscar Fernandes
37. Which International award has recently been conferred on the biotechnologists, Marry-Dell Chilton, Rober Fraley and Marc Van Montagu?
Answer: World Food Prize 2013
38. The United Nations has designated …………. as Public Service Day?
Answer: June 23
39. Darren Lehmann has been appointed as the coach of which national Cricket team?
40. Which country won the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy Cricket title?
41. The hornbill, selected as the official mascot of the 35th National Games has been named ………….?
Answer: Ammu. The Games will be hosted by Kerala in February 2014.
42. The six Indian forts which have been declared world heritage sites are located in the state of ………..?
43. The flood ravaged Kedarnath is located in the state of …………..?
44. Which micro blogging platform and social networking website has recently been bought by Yahoo?
45. …………. Has become the first European country to introduce compulsory military service for women?
46. Commodity Transaction Tax (CTT), proposed in the current year’s budget of India, has come into effect on ………….?
Answer: July 1, 2013.
47. World Refugee Day was observed on …………?
Answer: June 20
48. Who is elected as the new Prime Minister of Australia, replacing Julia Gillard?
Answer: Kevin Rudd
49. Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj has been re-elected as the President of ……….?
50. Which country is to launch ‘Kirobo’, the World’s first talking Robot-astronaut to space?
51. Who takes over as the new Chief Justice of India?
Answer: P. Sathasivam
52. Who won the FIFA Confederation Cup 2013?
53. Who won the FIDE Women’s Grand Prix Chess tournament held at Dilijan, Armenia?
Answer: Koneru Humpy
54. Najeeb Jung has recently been appointed as the new Lieutenant Governor of …………?
55. India has successfully launched its first dedicated navigation satellite, …………..?
56. Who is appointed as the new Governor of Meghalaya?
Answer: K. K Paul
57. Y K Sinha has been appointed as the new Indian High Commissioner to ……………?
Answer: Sri Lanka
58. National Doctor’s Day was observed on ………….?
Answer: July 1, it is the Birth anniversary of Dr. B.C Roy
59. Asian Athletic Championship has been held at ……….?
60. The International Astronomical Union (IAU) has named the two recently found smallest moons of Pluto as ………. and ………..?
Answer: Kerberos and Styx
61. National Statistics Day was observed on …………?
Answer: June 29, The day is celebrated on the occasion on the birth anniversary of Late Prof. P C Mahalanobis.
62. Who is appointed as the new director of CIA?
Answer: John O. Brennan
63. The new Chief Secretary of Kerala?
Answer: E.K Bharat Bhushan
64. Who is the Chairman of the JPC to probe the alleged scam in 2G spectrum allocation?
Answer: P.C Chacko
65. The shooter who has become the first Indian women to win gold in pistol shooting at the world cup at Changwon in Korea?
Answer: Rahi Sarnobat
66. The winner of the latest Vikram Sarabhai Award?
Answer: E. Sreedharan
67. The first Malayali woman to get first rank in Civil Services Examination?
Answer: Harita V. Kumar
68. Which company is offering the world’s first smart phone with the Firefox operating system?
69. Who is appointed as governor of Sikkim?
Answer: Shriniwas Patil
70. Who became the youngest Indian to win a gold medal at the Asian Boxing Championships?
Answer: Shiva Thapa
71. Who is appointed as 40th Chief Justice of India with tenure until 26th April 2014?
Answer: P. Sathasivam
72. Name the Afghan governor and Myanmar women who won Magsaysay awards?
Answer: Habiba Sarabi and Lahpai Seng Raw
73. Which country celebrated its national day on 21st July and who was sworn in as 7th king?
Answer: Belgium, Prince Philippe
74. Who won the Continental Chess Association Open title 2013?
Answer: Parimarjan Negi
75. Who is the inventor of the Computer mouse he died recently?
Answer: Douglas Engelbart
76. Who is the Winner of Women’s Singles Wimbledon Tennis Tournament 2013?
Answer: Marion Bartoli
77. Who is the Winner of Men’s Singles Wimbledon Tennis Tournament 2013?
Answer: Andy Murray
Men’s Doubles winners are Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan.
Women’s Doubles winners are Hsieh Su-wei (Taiwan) and Peng Shuai (China)
78. Who becomes the new Prime Minister of Egypt?
Answer: Hazem El-Beblawi
79. Who is appointed as the Coach of Indian Men’s Hockey Team by Hockey India (HI)?
Answer: Maharaj Kishan Kaushik
80. Who is sworn in as the 9th Chief Minister of Jharkhand?
Answer: Hemant Soren
81. Who won the Commonwealth Chess Championship 2013?
Answer: Abhijeet Gupta
Other Current affairs News.
- Legendary Bollywood actor and Dadasaheb Phalake Award winner Pran Krishan Sikand (83), popularly known as Pran passed away.
- Zubin Mehta, western classical music conductor of Indian-Parsi origin, will be honored with the Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony 2013 in recognition of his outstanding contribution to cultural harmony.