Model Questions and answers for preparing Kerala PSC LDC 2013 - 2014 Examination.
1. Who is the Father of Chemistry?
Answer: Jabir Ibn Hayyan
2. Give the name of the physicist who discovered Nucleus?
Answer: Ernest Rutherford
3. Who Discovered Carbon Dioxide?
Answer: Joseph Black
4. Who is the inventor of the first battery?
Answer: Alexandro Volta
5. Who is the inventor of Mercury Barometer?
Answer: Evangelista Torricelli
6. Expand the following:
(a) CAD – Computer Aided Design
(b) LASER – Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
7. Name the author of “Mankind and Mother Earth”?
Answer: Arnold Toynbee
8. Name the author of “Moby Dick”?
Answer: Herman Melville
9. Name the author of “Life Divine”?
Answer: Aurobindo Ghosh
10. Name the author of “Crossing the Threshold of Hope”?
Answer: John Paul II
11. Name the author of “Far from the Madding Crowd”?
Answer: Thomas Hardy
12. How long is a marathon?
Answer: 42.195 kilometres (26 miles and 385 yards)
13. Explain what is absolute zero?
Answer: The lowest temperature that is theoretically possible, at which the motion of particles that constitutes heat would be minimal. It is zero on the Kelvin scale, equivalent to –273.15°C or –459.67°F.
14. What are alveoli?
Answer: It is a part of the lung where the transfusion of Carbon dioxide and Oxygen takes place in the blood.
15. What is “Big Bang”?
Answer: It is a theory relating to the formation of Universe by a big blast.
16. What is CFC?
Answer: Chloro Fluro Carbon, chemical compounds responsible for depletion of ozone layer.
17. What is ‘decibel’?
Answer: Unit of the intensity of sound.