Solved Question paper of Kerala PSC Junior Assistant/Cashier/Assistant Grade 2/Junior Clerk Examination conducted on 08/06/2013.
Name of Post: Jr. Assistant/Cashier/Assistant Grade 2/Junior Clerk
Category Number: 489/2011
Department: KSFE Ltd, KSEB, Thrissur Corporation etc.
1. What is the number in the place of '?' in the sequence 3, 28, 128, 353, 753, '?'
2. In a certain code KERALA is coded as JCOWGU, how INDIA is coded in that system:
3. Curd is related to Milk in the same way as Brick is related to .........
4. Arun was born on 4th December 1990. His cousin Varun was born on 4th November 1990. The birthday of their cousin Kiran was on Tuesday, 25th December of that year. In which day Varun was born?
5. Given the words Rope, Romance, Root, Rejoice. What will be the word in third position when they are arranged alphabetically?
6. Latha was facing the east. She turned right and walked 20 metre, then turned to her right again and walked 20 metre. She then turned 450 towards her left and went straight to cover 35 metre. In which direction from her starting point is she?
7. Six persons in a meeting, shake hands with each other. How many handshakes were interchanged?
8. If in the English alphabet each consonant is substituted by the immediate preceding letter and each vowel is substituted by immediate following letter, then the word "AUTHORITY" will be written as:
9. How many 6's are there in 89873686398654868538 the following series which are not immediately followed by 3 but immediately preceded by 8?
10. If '+' means 'x', '-' means '÷', 'x' means '-', and '÷' means '+' then 16–4+3 x 5÷2 = ?
11. Decibel is a unit of:
(a) Atmospheric pressure
12. Which of the following is used as rear view mirrors in vehicles?
(a) Plane mirror
(b) Convex mirror
(c) Concave lens
(d) Concave mirror
13. Which of the following is not an ore of iron?
(a) Iron pyrites
14. Which one of the following is known as the 'King of Metals'?
15. Which is the alkaloid that contains in cola drinks?
(b) Citric acid
16. Which alloy is used for the production of the body of aeroplanes?
17. The compounds which are used to give colour to glasses and oil paintings?
(b) Transition metals
(d) Halogen compounds
18. Name the person who invented lightning conductor?
(b) Graham Bell
(c) Louis Braille
(d) Benjamin Franklin
19. What is the voltage at which house hold AC (Alternating Current) equipments work?
(a) 220 V
(b) 230 V
(c) 400 V
(d) 110 V
20. Which of the following is a device that employs the principle of Mutual Induction?
(a) Electric Motor
(d) Electronic Choke
21. Dengue Fever is caused by?
(a) IGM Dengue Virus
(b) IGM Dengue Bacteria
(c) IMG Dengue Virus
(d) IMG Dengue Bacteria
22. The work of famous poet 'AKKITHAM' which got VAYALAR award in 2012?
23. The highest National Environmental award?
(a) Indira Gandhi National award
(b) Paryavaran Mithra award
(c) Vriksha Mithra award
(d) India Science award
24. The second Indian who is appointed as head of ICC Cricket Committee?
(a) Sunil Gavaskar
(b) Kapil Dev
(c) Sachin Tendulkar
(d) Anil Kumble
25. Who got Nobel Prize for literature in 2012?
(a) Robert Lefcovits
(b) Alwin Roth
(c) Mo Yan
(d) Shiniya Yamanaka
26. The Sky Diver who breaks the sound barrier in sky diving?
(a) Felix Baumgartner
(b) Felis Sanches
(c) Alison Felix
(d) Hussain Bolt
27. The programme launched by Kerala state Government to protect women and children from sexual abuse and sexual harassments?
(a) Jana mythri
28. The present Chief Justice of India?
(a) S.H Kapadiya
(b) Altamas Kabir
(c) V.V Vydhalingam
29. The new name of Big Ben Tower?
(a) Elizabeth Tower
(b) Royal Mekka Tower
(c) Varsa Tower
(d) Eiffel Tower
30. The 14th Vice President of India?
(a) Pranab Mukharjee
(b) Jaswanth Singh
(c) Hameed Ansari
(d) Prathibha Patil
31. Which was the statistical model used for India's second five year plan for attaining economic development?
(a) Nehru model
(b) Mahalanobis model
(c) K.N Raj model
(d) Gadgil model
32. The Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) was established on:
(a) 1992 April 12
(b) 1991 April 1
(c) 1992 March 1
(d) 1993 April 25
33. Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park is located at:
34. Who was the first woman Director General of Police in India?
(a) Kiran Bedi
(b) Kanchan Chaudhary
(c) Sheela Koul
(d) Sheela Dutt
35. No child below the age of 14 can be employed as per the Indian Constitution’s:
36. Who wrote the book 'Development as Freedom'?
(a) M.K Gandhi
(b) A.P.J Abdul Kalam
(c) Amartya Sen
(d) B.R Ambedkar
37. In Kerala, the 'Akshaya Project' was firstly started in which district?
38. 'Sugandha Bhavan', the Head Office of Spices Board India is located at:
(d) New Delhi
39. In 1990, Bharat Ratna was posthumously awarded to whom?
(a) M.G Ramachandran
(b) Vinobha Bhave
(c) Vallabhbhai Patel
(d) B.R Ambedkar
40. Liberalisation of insurance sector in India was based on the recommendations of:
(a) Rangarajan Committee
(b) Vijay Kelkar Committee
(c) Malhotra Committee
(d) Tendulkar Committee
41. The total run of Kerala rivers is about ...... of India's total water potential.
(d) None of the above
42. When does North East Monsoon blow in the land of Kerala?
(a) June - September
(b) October – November
(c) January – February
(d) None of the above
43. The population density of Kerala as per the Census of 2011?
(a) 759 / sq km
(b) 859 / sq km
(c) 839 / sq km
(d) 739 / sq km
44. The sex-ratio of Kerala (Females per 1000 Males) according to the Census of 2011:
45. Pathiramanal Bird Sanctuary is situated in:
(a) Ashtamudi Kayal
(b) Sasthamcota Kayal
(c) Kayamkulam Kayal
(d) Vembanad Kayal
46. 'Mokshapradeepam' is the book written by:
(b) Sri Narayana Guru
(c) Swami Brahmavrutan
(d) Brahmananda Swami Shivayogi
47. Thatwa Prakashika Ashramam was established by:
(c) Sivananda Paramahamsa
(d) Vayath Swami
48. "Awake, remember the creator Arise and fight against injustice" Name the magazine which printed this message on its front page:
(b) Atma Vidya Kahalam
(c) Shivayogi Vilasam
49. Fasting of Savarna volunteers within the Guruvayur temple (1st October 1932) was organized under the leadership of:
(a) A.K Gopalan
(b) P. Krishna Pillai
(c) K. Kelappan
(d) V.T Bhattatiripad
50. The "Swadeshabhimani" was published under the ownership of:
(a) Ramakrishna Pillai
(b) C.P Govinda Pillai
(c) Vakkom Abdul Khader Moulavi
51. The term 'Adjournment' with respect to the Indian Parliament means:
(a) Dissolution of the house
(b) Session comes to an end or suspended
(c) Meeting or sitting is suspended for the time being or for the day
(d) The term of the house comes to an end due to emergency
52. The Indian Parliament derives its power from:
(c) Council of Ministers
53. Right to Property under Indian Constitution is a:
(a) Fundamental Right
(b) Legal Right
(c) Human Right
(d) Natural Right
54. Untouchability is abolished under:
(a) Article 20
(b) Article 32
(c) Article 25
(d) Article 17
55. An official appointed by a political party to regulate and monitor the behaviour of its members:
56. As per the 69th Constitution (Amendment) Act 1999, Delhi is now:
(c) National Capital Territory
(d) Cantonment Area
57. Article 21 A deals with:
(a) Right to Life
(b) Right to Education
(c) Right to Freedom
(d) Right to Food Safety
58. The Right to Information Act, 2005 came into force on:
(a) 12th October 2005
(b) 20th November 2005
(c) 14th March 2006
(d) 26th February 2006
59. Lokayukta is an authority constituted for:
(a) Empowerment of SC ST
(b) Investigating atrocities against women
(c) The protection of Human Rights
(d) Investigating allegations of corruption against public servants
60. Who is the author of the book "Revolution 2020"?
(a) Chetan Bhagat
(b) APJ Abdul Kalam
(c) V.S Naipal
(d) Aravind Adiga
81. Which of the following is not related to a computer monitor?
(b) Plasma Display
(c) Pointing devices
82. ......... is an input device commonly available in laptops.
(c) Touch screen
83. A temporary storage area attached to the CPU of the computer for input-output operations is a:
84. Product of the data processing is:
(b) A computer
85. A collection of parallel lines that connects several devices in a computer is called:
(c) Bidirectional wires
86. Software installed to help prevent hacking is called:
(a) System software
(b) Antivirus software
(c) Firewall software
(d) Application software
87. Encryption of data means that:
(a) Data cannot be sent over the internet
(b) Data is encoded so it cannot be read without decoding software
(c) Data is kept locked in special room
(d) Data has been hacked into
88. A person who gains unauthorized access to a computer network for profit, criminal mischief or personal pleasure is:
(d) None of these
89. Linux is a:
(a) Database program
(b) Application program
(c) Operating system
(d) None of these
90. ......... is a legal monopoly granted for a limited time to the owner of an invention.
(a) Trade secrets