General Knowledge [gk] Questions and Answers for preparing all Kerala PSC Examinations.
1. In 1974 India surprised the world by exploding a "nuclear device" in an underground test in ......... state.
2. The cheapest transport in India is:
Answer: Water transport
3. Public health and sanitation, under the Indian Constitution fall in ......... list.
Answer: State list
4. The festival kumbhamela is celebrated in:
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
5. Varika Vrika Sahajare ......... these Malayalam poetic lines had been written by:
Answer: Amsi Narayana pillai
6. The largest planet is:
7. Name the capital of Switzerland:
8. Who wrote Asian Drama?
Answer: Gunnar Myr Dal
9. Pneumonia affects:
10. Arms and the man is a drama written by:
Answer: Bernard Shaw
11. One word for a group of islands.
12. The game chess had its origin in:
13. How many bones are there in the human body?
14. The first Cricketer who complete 300 one day internationals.
Answer: Wasim Akram
15. Who published ‘Horthus Malabaricus’?
Answer: The Dutch
16. ‘Kovilan’ is the pen name of:
Answer: V.V. Ayyappan
17. Who was the first Education Minister of Kerala State?
Answer: Joseph Mundasseri
18. The Idukki dam is across the river:
19. The first month of the Saka era is:
20. The production of which commodity was the subject of Brown Revolution?
21. The efforts to increase the production of ......... was given the name of Blue Revolution?
22. Black Revolution associated with the production of .........?
23. Operation Flood associated with the increase in the production of .........?
24. Who is known as the ‘Father of White Revolution’?
Answer: Dr. Varghese Kurien
25. Which country is the leading producer of vegetables?
26. Which is the major type of soil in India?
Answer: Alluvial Soil
27. Black Soil is best suited for the cultivation of .........?
28. Which country is the leading producer of rice and wheat?
29. Which country is the leading producer of wheat?
30. ......... Is the leading of producer of tea in the world?
31. Which is the major soil type found in Kerala?
Answer: Laterite Soil
32. Which is the leading Rice producer state in India?
Answer: West Bengal
33. Who authored the Bok ‘The One Straw Revolution’?
Answer: Masanobu Fukuoka
34. Who is known as ‘The Father of Organic Farming’?
Answer: Albert Howard