Some Important Model Questions and answers for preparing Kerala PSC Assistant Grade Examination 2013.
1. Who was presented with Ezhuthachan Puraskaram, Kerala Government’s highest literary honour?
Answer: Attoor Ravi Varma
2. Who has recently been selected for the Saraswathi Samman?
Answer: Sugathakumari, for the collection of her poems, titled Manalezhuthu.
3. Who received this year’s Dadasaheb Phalke Award?
Answer: Pran Kishan Sikand
4. Who was conferred Jnanpith Award 2012?
Answer: Ravuri Bharadhwaja (Telugu)
5. The new Governor of Kerala?
Answer: Nikhil Kumar
6. ‘My Unforgettable Memories’ is the book written by:
Answer: Mamata Banerji
7. The first Indian to circumnavigate the globe, solo and non-stop?
Answer: Lieutenant Commander Abhilash Tomy
8. Who is the new Comptroller and Auditor General of India?
Answer: Sashi Kant Sharma
9. Who has taken over as the 25th Chief of the Indian Army?
Answer: General Bikram Singh
10. Who is conferred with the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award 2012?
Answer: Tessy Thomas
11. United Nations designated 2013 as the International Year of:
Answer: International Year of Water Cooperation, International Year of Quiona.
12. The Government of India has declared 2013 as the Year of:
Answer: Water Conservation
13. International Nurse’s Day was celebrated on:
Answer: May 12
14. The new President of Bangladesh?
Answer: Abdul Hamid
15. Who is sworn in as the new president of Venezuela?
Answer: Nicholas Maduro
16. Who won the Oscar for the best film, in the 85th Academy Awards?
Answer: Argo directed by Ben Affleck
17. India’s first indigenously developed sub-sonic long-range cruise missile?
18. The famous Kathakali artist and Padmabhushan recipient who passed away recently?
Answer: Kalamandalam Ramankutty Nair
19. ‘Nirbasan’ is the autobiography of:
Answer: Tasleema Nasreen
20. ‘Prisoner 5990’ is the autobiography of:
Answer: Balakrishna Pillai
21. ‘Inspire a Generation’ was the motto of:
Answer: London Olympics
22. The first Badminton player to win a Olympic Medal for India?
Answer: Saina Nehwal
23. House Sparrow was declared as the state bird of:
24. Number of medals won by India in London Olympics?
25. Who won the women’s single Denmark Open title 2012?
Answer: Saina Nehwal
26. The Malayalam film which bagged the National award for the best film on social issues?
27. Ang Lee has won Oscar for the best director, for his film .........
Answer: Life of Pi
28. India’s first all women post office was inaugurated at:
Answer: New Delhi
29. The new President of the Asian Development Bank?
Answer: Takehiko Nakao
30. Who has become the first woman to be elected as the President of South Korea?
Answer: Park Geun Hye
31. What is the full form of NULM, a scheme to be launched during the current Five Year Plan?
Answer: National Urban Livelihoods Mission
32. Which country launched the satellite ‘Noah’s Ark’ for space biology research?
33. The first ever woman to be appointed as the Special Director General of the CRPF?
Answer: Aruna Bahuguna
34. Who was recently conferred Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development (2011)?
Answer: Ela Bhatt, She is the founder of the Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA)
35. Who was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka?
36. The fifth BRICS Summit was held from March 26 to 27 at:
Answer: Durban, South Africa
37. The autobiography of Malala Yousafzai to be published soon is titled:
Answer: I Am Malala
38. The Indian wildlife biologist who won the Whitley Award (Green Oscar)?
Answer: Aparajita Datt.
39. The Malayalam movie actor who has been awarded with Padma Shri this Year:
40. Indian National Defence University is to be set up in:
Answer: Gurgaon, Haryana