Solved Question paper of Kerala PSC Fireman Examination conducted on 2005.
1. What is laughing gas?
Answer. Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas is a chemical compound with the formula N2O.
2. Which element is the most abundant in the Solar system?
3. The scientific study of beauty is called:
4. The seasonal winds of South Asia is known as:
5. Internationally, Women’s Day is observed on:
Answer. March 8
6. Who administers the oath of office to the President of India?
Answer. The Chief Justice of India
7. Whose date of birth is nationally observed as Teacher’s Day?
Answer. Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
8. The Central Plantation Crops Research Institute has its headquarters in the ......... district of Kerala.
9. Angel, the highest waterfall is in:
10. Who discovered colour blindness?
Answer. John Dalton
11. Who is the author of the first book on Geometry?
12. PVC stands for:
Answer. Polyvinyl Chloride
13. The excess of ........... in the atmosphere causes global warming.
Answer. Carbon dioxide
14. Which is the longest cell in the human body?
Answer. Neural Cell
15. What is the name of the crystal form of carbon?
16. Who propounded the equation E = mc2?
17. In which year did the French Revolution begin?
18. When was the Dandi March begun?
Answer. March 12, 1930
19. What is the solvent of gold?
Answer. Aqua Regia
20. What is the name of the acid in grapes?
Answer. Tartaric acid
21. The sugar in the human body is controlled by the hormone called:
22. A person who does not believe in the existence of God is called:
Answer. An atheist
23. The longest serving Chief Minister of Kerala was:
Answer. E.K. Nayanar
24. Who is the author of the book ‘The Wealth of Nations’?
Answer. Adam Smith
25. The time taken by earth to rotate on its axis is:
Answer. 23hours 56 minutes and 4.00 seconds
Wiki Note: The time it takes the Earth to rotate once is called a day (24 hours).
The actual rotation time is a little less, about 23 hours and 56 minutes. But the "solar day" is longer, almost exactly 24 hours, because of the distance the Earth moves in its orbit around the Sun. The Earth has to turn that extra 4 minutes to again directly face the Sun.
The mean solar day that is the average time it takes for the sun to go from its highest point on a given day to its highest point the next day, is 24 hours. If you measure the time it takes a distant star to reach its highest point (the sidereal day), it is 86,164.091 seconds (or: 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4.091 seconds). The difference is the apparent motion of the Sun, which is really caused by the Earth moving around it.
26. Who invented the barometer?
27. The substance that gives colours to skin is:
28. Who is the Father of Modern Genetics?
Answer. Gregor Mendel
29. The period of the pregnancy of an elephant is:
Answer. 22 months
30. The founder of I.N.A was:
Answer. Subhash Chandra Bose
31. The State of Kerala was formed on:
Answer. November 1, 1956
32. The first writer to get the Jnanpith Award was:
Answer. G. Sankara Kurup