Solved Question paper of Kerala PSC District Education Officer Examination conducted on 19th April 2007.
1. The largest state of India:
2. The city known as the Manchester of India?
Answer: Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
3. The day celebrated as Women’s day:
Answer: March 8
4. Ponds look shallow because of:
5. Ibn-Batuta the famous Arab Scholar visited India during the reign of:
Answer: Muhammed Bin Tughlaq
6. Hypernetropia means:
Answer: Long sightedness
7. The founder of Shantiniketan?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
8. Diffuse of light in atmosphere takes place due to:
Answer: Dust particles
9. Grand Slam is related to:
10. The gland of the body responsible for secreting insulin:
11. Ornithology means that branch of science that deals with the study of:
12. The first president of Indian National Congress:
Answer: W.C. Banerjee
13. Kalidasa the great Sanskrit poet was a member of the court of an Indian king. The name of the king:
Answer: Chandragupta II
14. Kerala State was formed in:
Answer: 1956 Nov. 1
15. “By gaining independence we have lost our power to blame the British. If anything goes wrong, we are responsible now.” These are the words of:
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
16. The instrument used to measure atmospheric pressure:
17. Lunar eclipse occurs when:
Answer: Earth comes between Sun and Moon
18. Ajanta and Ellora caves are in:
19. Seismograph is used to measure:
20. The strait that separates India from Sri Lanka:
21. Dialysis is the treatment given to a patient suffering from:
Answer: Kidney problem
22. Sodium chloried is the chemical name of:
23. The country which is called as the country of white elephants?
24. Classical dance form Kathkali comes from the state of:
25. The first woman who received Bharat Ratna:
Answer: Indira Gandhi
26. ‘Discovery of India’ written by?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
27. Vinegar is chemically known as:
Answer: Ethanaoic acid
28. The state in India which is the largest producer of coffee: