Some Confusing GK Questions and answers for preparing all Competitive Examinations.
1. Which is the world’s largest structure composed of living entities?
Answer: The Great Barrier Reef
2. Which is the largest living felid?
Answer: Amur Tiger (Siberian Tiger)
3. The ritualized fighting between the young males of which animals is known as ‘boxing’?
4. Which chemical is used to draw and write in the glasses?
Answer: Hydroflouric Acid
5. Which chemical was historically known as ‘White vitriol and goslarite’?
Answer: Zinc Sulphate
6. The substance which is a chemical compound that tends to shrink or construct body tissues, usually after topical medicinal application is known as …………..?
7. Rattus is the scientific name of ……………?
Answer: Black rat
8. What is used for the cryopreservation of blood, reproductive cells and other biological samples?
Answer: Liquid nitrogen
9. Who is the author of ‘Gathering Storm’?
Answer: Winston Churchill
10. Who raised the slogan ‘Each one Teach One’?
Answer: A.P.J Abdulkalam
11. Which is the main constituent of cement?
Answer: Tricalcium silicate
12. Which country’s national flower is sunflower?
13. Which is widely held to be the first national park in the world?
Answer: Yellowstone National Park (USA)
14. Which is the highest valued currency unit in the world?
Answer: Kuwait Dinar
15. Whose epitaph reads ‘Dedicated her all to India’?
Answer: Sister Nivedita
16. Which Sikh Guru was known as ‘Hind di Chadar’ (The Shield of India)?
Answer: Guru Tegh Bahadur
17. Which cereal growing in arid conditions is known as ‘Poor man’s miracle food’?
Answer: Ragi or Finger Millet
18. What is the name of the cancer awareness programme launched by Yuvraj Singh to fight the stigma attached to the disease?
19. Whose efforts lie at the genesis of the famous Chipko Movement?
Answer: Ghandi Prasad Bhatt
20. “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination” – whose words are these?
Answer: Albert Einstein
21. Name the ‘Waterman of India’, whose pioneering efforts in water harvesting and community based water management have led to the revival of five rivers in Rajasthan?
Answer: Rajendra Singh
22. What is Fluosol, which is milky in colour?
Answer: Artificial Blood substitute
23. Which legendary Indian wrestler is nicknamed ‘Pocket Dynamo’?
Answer: K.D Jadhav
24. Which Indian Mathematician is called as “The Euclid of India”?
25. The central point of India is located near the city …………….?
Answer: Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh)