Questions and answers related to Renaissance in Kerala
1. Who is popularly known as ‘Kerala Simham’?
Ans. Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja
2. The first Pazhassi revolt was held in the period of:
3. In the period of Second Pazhassi revolt, Sir Arthur Wellesley formed a local army known as:
4. The real name of Ayya Vaikunda Swamikal is:
Ans. Mudichudum Perumal
5. Ayya Vaikunda Swamikal was born in the year:
6. Samathua Samajam was founded by:
Ans. Ayya Vaikunda Swamikal
7. Samathua Samajam was founded in the year:
8. Ayya Vaikundar founded a ‘dharmic’ belief system known as:
Ans. Ayyavazhi (Path of the Father)
9. The secondary worship places of ‘Ayyavazhi’ is known as:
Ans. Nizhal Thangal
10. The main religious text of Ayyavazhi is:
Ans. Akilathirattu Ammanai
11. Thycaud Ayya Guru was born in the year:
12. Who was popularly known as Superintendent Ayya?
Ans. Thycaud Ayya Gurukkal
13. The original name of Ayya Swamikal is:
14. Ayyankali was born in the year:
15. Ayyankali organized ‘Villunadi strike’ in the year:
16. Sadhujana Paripalana Sangham was founded by:
17. Sadhujana Paripalana Sangham was founded in the year:
18. Who called Ayyankali ‘Pulaya Raja’?
19. Who unveiled the sculpture of Ayyankali at Trivandrum?
Ans. Indira Gandhi
20. In which year was Ayyankali nominated to Sree Moolam Praja Assembly?
21. The ritual ‘Murajapam’ is associated to the temple of:
Ans. Padmanabhaswami Temple
22. The king of Travancore who constructed Nedumkotta?
Ans. Dharma Raja
23. The first reserve forest in Travancore at:
24. The first woman to become a member in Travancore Legislative Assembly:
Ans. Mary Punnan Lukkose
25. Which district is the largest producer of tobacco in Kerala?
26. The immediate cause of the outbreak of the Liberation Struggle was the introduction of the:
Ans. Education Bill
27. Sree Narayana Guru used saffron colour dress for the first time during the occasion of:
Ans. First visit to Sri Lanka
28. Where Chattampi Swamikal met Swami Vivekananda?
29. Barrister G.P Pillai who was mentioned by Mahathma Gandhi in his autobiography was the editor of:
Ans. Madras Standard
30. The present form of Kathakali was designed by:
Ans. Kottayam Thampuran
31. The year of the battle of Kaniyamkulam:
32. Under whose leadership Kochi Rajya Prajamandalam was formed in 1941?
Ans. V.R Krishanezhuthachan
33. The Kerala Press Academy was stabled in 1979 with ………… as its headquarters:
34. The first MLA in Kerala to be disqualified under the anti-defection law in 1990:
Ans. R. Balakrishna Pillai
35. The first to get Dadasaheb Phalke Award from Kerala:
Ans. Addor Gopalakrishnan
36. EMS became the second Chief Minister of Kerala in the year:
37.‘Athmakathakk Oru Amukham’ is the autobiography of:
Ans. Lalithambika Antharjanam
38. Who is famous with the pen name ‘Sumangala’?
Ans. Leela Namboothirippad
39. In which district is Chinnakkanal?
40. Swadeshabhimani K. Ramakrishna Pillai was banished from Travancore for alleged charge of sedition, in the year:
41. ‘Makarakoythu’ was written by:
Ans. Vyloppilli Sreedhara Menon
42. The year of Kurichya Rebellion: