Current affairs 2013 Questions and Answers for preparing PSC | SSC | UPSC | Civil Services | Bank | RRB and all other Competitive Examinations.
You can also Download Current affairs March 2013 Questions and answers in a Single pdf file from the Link provided at the Bottom :)
1. Where will begin the work to implement world’s largest solar telescope?
2. Who was the Diplomat and good will Ambassador of India in UNESCO since 2000 he passed away recently?
Ans. Madanjeet Singh
3. Who is selected as the new financial services secretary in Finance Ministry?
Ans. Rajiv Takru
4. What is IPK, which was recently in news?
Ans. International Prototype Kilogram
5. First civil air service of the state “Mantra Airlines” inaugurated recently belongs to which Indian state?
Ans. Jammu and Kashmir
6. Shirani Bandaranayake was recently on news due to impeachment, who is she?
Ans. First women Chief Justice of Sri Lanka
7. Indian Government announced the postponement of which law it will come into force from April 2016?
Ans. GAAR (General Anti Avoidance Rule)
8. Which country defeated India in the Davis Cup Asia – Oceania Group On First Round?
Ans. South Korea
9. Who has recently resigned as the Solicitor General of India?
Ans. Rohinton Nariman
Note: Mohan Parasaran has been appointed as the new Solicitor General of India.
10. World Cancer Day is observed on:
Ans. February 4
11. Who is appointed as the new Director of Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam?
Ans. Vasudeva Rao
12. Who is the veteran Writer and columnist, he released his latest book, “Khuswantnama: The Lessons of My Life” on his 98th birthday?
Ans. Khuswant Singh
13. The researchers of the University of Missouri found out the largest .......... number so far.
Ans. Prime Number
14. The newly released book, “Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Germany” is written by:
Ans. Anita. B. Pfaff
15. Which team won the Irani Trophy Cricket match, 2013?
Ans. Rest of India
16. The 2001 Parliament attack convict .......... was hanged on February 9?
Ans. Mohammad Afzal Guru
17. The recently produced movie based on the life of J.C Daniel, the pioneer of Malayalam cinema industry?
18. The Indian Star legend who was honoured posthumously with the Grammy lifetime achievement Award?
Ans. Pandit Ravi Shankar.
19. The renowned Malayalam poet and Kerala Sahitya Academy award winner of 1992 who passed away on 11 February?
Ans. D. Vinayachandran
20. Which city has recently hosted the 4th World Telugu Conference?
21. Recently, which country has signed a law that bans Americans from adopting it’s children?
22. Recently, Asia’s first Bio-Safety Level-IV Laboratory is established in which place?
23. Who is the winner of the luge Asian Championship?
Ans. Shiva Keshavan
24. Who is the new Chairman of Tata Group?
Ans. Cyrus Mistry
25. Which mobile company is planning to unveil a brand new mobile operating system called “Tizen” with a smart phone this year?
26. The National Institute of Virology is located at which place?
27. Which scientist of Indian origin has been awarded Canada’s highest civilian award - The Order of Canada?
Ans. Venkatesh Mannar
28. Which state government in India has decided to observe the year 2013 as Information Technology Empowerment Year?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh
29. INS Tarkash, a stealth frigate that recently joined the Western fleet is built with the help of which country?
30. Who is the Chairman of the 14th Finance Commission?
31. Recently, who has been appointed as Deputy Governor at Reserve Bank of India, succeeding Subir Gokarn?
Ans. Urjit Patel
32. Who is the author of the novel titled ‘Bring Up the Bodies’?
Ans. Hilary Mantel
33. Who was sworn in as the Vice President of America on January 20, Along with President Barack Obama?
Ans. Joseph Biden
34. The former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh who merged his Jan Kranti Party with Bharatiya Janata Party recently?
Ans. Kalyan Singh
35. Which former Haryana Chief Minister has been sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in a teachers recruitment scam?
Ans. Om Prakash Chautala
36. Where is Srinivasa Ramanujan Institute of Basic Science newly established by the Government of Kerala situated?
Ans. Pampady in Kottayam district
37. Which top Indian Scientist has been conferred with the Award for International Scientific Co-operation (2012), instituted by the Chinese Academy of Sciences?
Ans. Dr. C.N.R Rao, He is presently the head of the Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India.
38. Major tea producing nations have recently to form an organization named International Tea Producers Forum, .......... as its headquarters?
39. Which Indian Writer is shortlisted for this year’s man Booker International Prize?
Ans. U.R Ananthamurthy
40. Nation’s second highest gallantry award, Kirti Chakra, has been conferred on ..........
Ans. Major Anup Joseph Manjali
41. Who was chosen for the Nishagandhi Award, instituted by the Tourism Department of Kerala?
Ans. Mrunalini Sarabhai
42. The American twins .......... and .......... clinched a record 13th Grand Slam title by winning the Men’s Doubles in the Australian Open 2013.
Ans. Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan
43. Which renowned playback singer has declined to accept the Padma Bhushan award recently?
Ans. S. Janaki
44. India on 27 January test fired the Underwater Ballistic Missile (Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile- SLBM) named .........., from an underwater platform in the Bay of Bengal?
Ans. K-15 also called B05
45. Which country has recently announced that it had successfully sent a monkey to the space?
46. Where was the 25th Kerala Science Congress held?
47. Who has been appointed as the new U.S secretary of State, after Hilary Clinton’s resignation?
Ans. John Kerry
48. The Canadian based telecommunication company, Research in Motion (RIM) Ltd has recently announced the changing of its name to ..........?
49. Which Malayalam movie Actor has been awarded with Padma Shri this year?
50. Which Golf player has recently won his 75th International Golf title?
Ans. Tiger Woods
51. Who was the captain of the Indian team in the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2013, held in India?
Ans. Mithali Raj
52. The two Public Sector Units (PSU) which were given ‘Maharatna’ status by the Union Government of India on February 1?
Ans. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) and Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL)
53. Who becomes the first Iranian leader to visit Egypt since Islamic Revolution of 1979?
54. Who has been honored with the prestigious 2011 National Medal of Technology and Innovation by U.S. President Barack Obama?
Ans. Indian American scientist Rangaswamy Srinivasan
55. World's tallest statue of Mahatma Gandhi has been recently unveiled at which place?
Ans. Patna, with a towering height of 70 feet
56. Which country won the ICC Women's World Cup, 2013?
57. Who has been appointed as the next Ambassador/ permanent Representative of India to the United Nations recently?
Ans. Asoke Kumar Mukerji
58. What is the Code name given to secret plan for executing Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist Afzal Guru in Tihar Jail on 9th February 2013?
Ans. Operation Three Star.
59. Who has been honoured with France’s highest civilian award recently?
Ans. Amartya Sen
60. Name given to the Asteroid which Passed near Earth on February 15 2013?
Ans. 2012 DA14
61. Which Indian city would host two day Literature festival for 1st time on 23rd and 24th March 2013?
62. Who won men’s Brazil Open 2013?
Ans. Rafael Nadal
63. Who won women’s Qatar Open 2013 title?
Ans. Victoria Azarenka
64. Who won the Rotterdam Open 2013?
Ans. Juan Martin del Potro
65. Who is appointed as the new solicitor general of India?
Ans. Mohan Parasaran
66. Which company blocked Java on their computers due to security problems?
67. Who became the first Indian to score a century in Woman’s Cricket World Cup?
Ans. Thirush Kamini
68. Who is appointed as the Chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi?
Ans. Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty
Note: Chakravarty is a 1970 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer and retired in the rank of Secretary to Government of India.
69. From the latest reports which country emits the largest amount of Carbon dioxide from energy consumption?
70. The Badminton player who won 2012 Swiss Open, Thailand Open and Indonesian Super Series:
Ans. Saina Nehwal
71. The winner of Santhosh Trophy 2012:
72. T.N Krishnan who got Veena Foundation Award in 2012 is related to:
73. Who wrote ‘India My Beloved’?
Ans. Dominique Lapierre
74. Who was appointed as the Director General of Police of Kerala when Jacob Punnoose retired?
Ans. N. Balasubramanyan
75. Who was given Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management 2012?
Ans. Tessy Thomas
76. Recently which countries scientists have developed the World’s first bendable battery?
Ans. South Korea
77. Recently, in which country, the Qadri movement was held?
78. Recently, the 10th Knowledge Millennium Summit was inaugurated by President of India in which place?
Ans. New Delhi
79. Which is the first Dinosaur fossil that was recently rediscovered in Kolkata?
Ans. Taitanosaurus Indicus
80. Who is the current Chairman of University Grants Commission (UGC)?
Ans. Ved Prakash
81. Who is world’s oldest marathon runner?
Ans. Fauja Singh
82. Who is the quickest Indian and the second quickest in world to score 4000 ODI runs?
Ans. Virat Kohli
83. Which country is the host of 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games?
Ans. South Korea
84. Who was the chief guest of India at the 64th Republic Day Parade?
Ans. Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck [King of Bhutan]
85. Who has won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2013?
Ans. Jeet Thayil
86. Who is dubbed as the ‘The Cleanest and Poorest’ Chief Minister in India?
Ans. Manik Sarkar
87. Who is the winner of the 2013 Australian Open title in women’s single category?
Ans. Victoria Azarenka
88. Which country will host the 2013 ICC Women World Cup?
89. Who is the winner of the 2013 Australian Open title in the men’s single category?
Ans. Novak Djokovic
90. Recently, ‘Milos Zeman’ became the first directly elected President of which country?
Ans. Czech Republic
91. Who is the oldest person to be chosen for this year’s Padma Shri Award?
Ans. Ustad Abdul Rashid Khan
92. Recently, who has become the youngest National Table Tennis Champion?
Ans. Somyajeet Ghosh
93. Who has been appointed as the new Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)?
Ans. S. Ramakrishnan
94. Who is the new Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB)?
Ans. Syed Asif Ibrahim
95. Which is the new communication satellite launched by NASA on 31 January 2013?
96. In which place the 43rd World Economic Forum Summit held from January 23 – 27?
Ans. At Davos-Klosters in Switzerland.
97. Who won “2012 Tipperary International Peace Award”
Ans. Malala Yousafzai, the teenaged Pakistani school girl shot by a Taliban gunman last year, has been awarded the “2012 Tipperary International Peace Award” from Ireland for her courage and determination to speak out in support of equal access to education for children. Malala is the second Pakistani to get the award. In 2007, it was given to late Benazir Bhutto.
98. India’s indigenously developed .......... missile was successfully tested on 7th January?
Ans. Lakshya. It was launched from the Integrated Test Range – ITR, at Odisha.
99. Who was the legendary violinist passed away on January 2013 in Chennai?
Ans. M.S. Gopalakrishnan. Known for his mastery of both the Carnatic and Hindustani systems of classical music.
100. Who wrote the Book “The Monk as Man”, a book about Swami Vivekananda?
Ans. The renowned Bengali writer Shankar
Please take 10 seconds to Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Google+ as a token of favor for our small effort. You will get free Current affairs Questions and Answers in Every Month from www.keralapscblog.com, so subscribe to us via Email and keep visiting.
Download Current Affairs March 2013 in pdf file.