Solved Questions of KERALA PSC Sub Inspector Trainee Exam held on 2005
1. Which country apart from India, celebrates its Independence Day on 15th August?
(a) Pakistan (b) Sri Lanka (c) South Korea (d) Nepal
Ans. South Korea
2. In which year was Pondicherry annexed to Independent India?
(a) 1st November 1954 (b) 1st November 1956
(c) 3rd August 1948 (d) 15th August 1947
Ans. 1st November 1954
3. The Constitution of India was introduced on:
(a) 26th January 1948 (b) 26th January 1950
(c) 26th January 1951 (d) 15th August 1950
Ans. 26th January 1950
4. Who was the young Anglo-Indian poet freedom fighter who was removed from the Hindu College in 1831 for his
(a) T.R. Holmes (b) A.O.Hume
(c) Charles Metcalfe (d) Henry Derozio
Ans. Henry Derozio
5. What was the name of Akbar’s Hindu wife?
(a) Jodhbai (b) Sudhabai (c) Lalithabai (d) Kiranbai
6. Who was the first woman Governor in Independent India?
(a) Mrs. Padmaja Naidu (b) Sucheta Kripalani
(c) Sushila Nayyar (d) Mrs. Sarojini Naidu
Ans. Mrs. Sarojini Naidu
7. Who was the last Mughal Emperor?
(a) Aurangazeb (b) Shihabuddin (c) Bahadur Shah (d) Muhiyuddin
Ans. Bahadur Shah
8. What was the real name of Meera Ben, the follower of Gandhiji?
(a) Jane Slade (b) Madeleine Slade (c) Anna Barber (d) Nicole Freeman
Ans. Madeleine Slade
9. Laxmi, Devadas Gandhi’s wife, was the daughter of:
(a) Mahadeva Desai (b) Rajagopalachari
(c) Gopalakrishna Gokhale (d) Rajendra Prasad
10. When did the mass-massacre at Jalianwala Bagh take place?
(a) 13th April 1919 (b) 27th April 1919
(c) 5th August 1921 (d) 8th September 1921
Ans. 13th April 1919
11. Which ruler is associated with the Sanchi Stupa?
(a) Kanishka (b) Vikramaditya
(c) Asoka (d) Harsha Vardhana
12. Who was the first European traveller to reach India via Africa by sea?
(a) Columbus (b) Captain Cook
(c) Ferdinand Megallan (d) Vasco De Gama
Ans. Vasco De Gama
13. Who was the first Indian to enter the Indian Civil Service?
(a) Surendra Nath Banerje (b) Rabindra Nath Tagore
(c) Satyendra Nath Tagore (d) Vipinchandra Pal
Ans. Satyendra Nath Tagore
14. When was ‘Saka’ century started?
(a) From A.D. 78 (b) From A.D. 71 (c) From A.D. 80 (d) From A.D. 87
Ans. From A.D. 78
15. How many Gurus have been there in Jainism?
(a) 17 (b) 21 (c) 39 (d) 24
16. Where did Mohamed Tughlaq shift his capital from Delhi?
(a) Pataliputra (b) Daulatabad (c) Aurangabad (d) Faridabad
17. Who was the founder - father of Brahmo Samaj?
(a) Annie Besant (b) K.M. Munshi
(c) Raja Ram Mohan Rai (d) M.M. Malavya
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Rai
18. Who was the first Indian to be the member of the British House of Commons?
(a) Dadabhai Naoroji (b) V.K. Krishna Menon
(c) M.M.Malavya (d) B.C. Pal
Ans. Dadabhai Naoroji
19. Where is Taxila, the great centre of learning , located?
(a) Afghanistan (b) Pakistan (c) Punjab (d) Haryana
20. Miss Margaret Nobel met an Indian in London and was influenced by him and later became his disciplie. Who was
(a) Rabindranath Tagore (b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Dayananda Saraswathi (d) Vivekananda
21. What is the difference between Indian Standard Time and Greenwich Mean Time?
(a) 5½ hours behind (b) 6 hours ahead
(c) 5½hours ahead (d) 5 hours ahead
Ans. 5½hours ahead
22. Which is the longest day in India?
(a) June 21 (b) March 22 (c) April 11 (d) December 22
Ans. June 21
23. Which Indian state is surrounded by a neighbouring country, from three sides?
(a) Punjab (b) Tripura
(c) Himachal Pradesh (d) West Bengal
24. What is the relation between Hectare and Acre?
(a) One Hectare is approximately 2.521 acres
(b) One Hectare is approximately 2.75 acres
(c) One Hectare is approximately 2.17 acres
(d) One Hectare is approximately 2.471 acres
Ans. One Hectare is approximately 2.471 acres
25. On which river is Bhakra Nangal Dam constructed?
(a) On the Sutlej (b) On the Jamuna (c) On the Ganga (d) On the Jhelum
Ans. On the Sutlej
26. Where do we find cities named Delhi and Calcutta apart from India?
(a) Pakistan (b) The U.S.A. (c) Indonesia (d) Bangladesh
Ans. The U.S.A
27. While travelling from the East to the West and crossing each longitude, how much time is required to be adjusted,
backwards and forwards?
(a) 5 minutes backwards (b) 7 minutes backwards
(c) 4 minutes backwards (d) 2 minutes backwards
Ans. 4 minutes backwards
28. What is the name of the line which separates India from Pakistan?
(a) Macmohan line (b) Siachin line (c) Kargil line (d) Radcliffe line
Ans. Radcliffe line
29. Which is the second language spoken by the largest number, after Hindi?
(a) Kannada (b) Telugu (c) Tamil (d) Malayalam
30. What are the lines drawn on charts and maps through points of equal temperature known as?
(a) Isotherms (b) Isobars (c) Thermallines (d) Longitudes
31. Is there a stone which can float on water? If yes, name it:
(a) Pumice stone (b) Touchstone
(c) Brim stone (d) There is no such stone
Ans. Pumice stone
32. Name the novelist who had imagined a journey to the moon, which proved to be a fact soon.
(a) H.G. Wells (b) Jules Verne
(c) Aldous Huxley (d) George Orwell
Ans. Jules Verne
33. Which is the largest flying bird?
(a) Vulture (b) Peacock (c) Ostrich (d) Albatross
34. Who invented Logarithm?
(a) Ramanujan (b) Euclid (c) John Napier (d) Pythagoras
Ans. John Napier
35. What is the commonly used name of dilute acetic acid?
(a) Turpentine (b) Vaseline (c) Vinegar (d) None of these
36. In which liquid can ice be kept without melting?
(a) Potassium permanganate solution (b) Baking soda solution
(c) Ammonium chloride solution (d) Liquid ammonia
Ans. Liquid ammonia
37. Which metal melts at normal heat?
(a) Sulphur (b) Mercury (c) Silica (d) None of these
38. Who invented the graph system in Mathematics?
(a) Rene Decartes (b) Bertrand Russel
(c) Einstein (d) Stephen Hawkins
Ans. Rene Decartes
39. At what temperature does gold melt?
(a) 7500F (b) 9000F (c) 18620F (d) 13650F
40. Which is the most used metal?
(a) Aluminium (b) Gold (c) Brass (d) Iron
41. The geographical area of Kerala is ..........% of the geographical area of India.
(a) 2.5 (b) 2.2 (c) 1.18 (d) 1.9
42. How many rivers of Kerala flow eastward?
(a) 3 (b) 2 (c) 1 (d) Nil
43. The first general election after the formation of Kerala State was held in:
(a) Jan. 1956 (b) February 1957 (c) Nov. 1,1950 (d) Jan.1958
Ans. February 1957
44. The first Governor of Kerala State was:
(a) Bhagawan Sahal (b) Padmaja Naidu
(c) R. Shankar (d) Dr. B. Ramakrishna Rao
Ans. Dr. B. Ramakrishna Rao
45. Who wrote ‘Malabar Manual’?
(a) Herman Gundert (b) Max Muller
(c) Edward Brennen (d) Logan
46. The author of ‘Keralam, Malayliyude Mathrubhoomi’ is:
(a) Ilankulam Kunhan Pillai (b) Sreedhara Menon
(c) C. Achutha Menon (d) E.M.S.
47. Who founded the newspaper ‘Swadeshabhimani’?
(a) K.P. Keshava Menon (b) Ramakrishna Pillai
(c) Vakkam Abdul Khader Moulavi (d) Kelappan
Ans. Vakkam Abdul Khader Moulavi
48. The first newspaper of Kerala was:
(a) RajyaSamacharam (b) Malayala Manorama
(c) Mathrubhoomi (d) Kaumudi
49. How many constituencies are there in Kerala Assembly?
(a) 140 (b) 144 (c) 141 (d) 143
50. Who wrote under the pen name ‘Soman’ when he was in hiding?
(a) E.M.S. (b) Thoppil Bhasi (c) A.K. Gopalan (d) K. Venu
51. TRIPS concerns:
(a) Trade in services (b) Tariff and Trade
(c) Intellectual property rights (d) Foreign trips
Ans. Intellectual property rights
52. Pick the odd man out:
(a) Virendra Sehwag (b) Narain Karthikeyan
(c) Vishwananthan Anand (d) P. Sainath
Ans. P. Sainath
53. Who is the grand daughter of Thakazhi Shiva Shankara Pillai who has distinguished herself as a novelist in
(a) Anita Nair (b) Jayasree Misra
(c) Meena Alexander (d) Manjula Padmanabhan
Ans. Jayasree Misra
54. Joseph Ratziger is .......... Pontiff.
(a) 265th (b) 264th (c) 266th (d) 267th
55. The word ‘Tsunami’ is a .......... word.
(a) Chinese (b) Indonesia (c) Japanese (d) English
56. What made Terri Shiavo a much talked about person?
(a) Euthanasia (b) Amnesia (c) Insomnia (d) AIDS
57. Who has recently been named the International Goodwill Ambassador of the UNICEF?
(a) Sachin Tendulkar (b) Amitabh Bachchan
(c) Lata Mangeshkar (d) Rahul Dravid
Ans. Amitabh Bachchan
58. 2005 is the centenary year of an invention of a very famous scientist. Who is the scientist?
(a) Albert Einstein (b) Dr. C.V. Raman (c) Rutherford (d) Marconi
Ans. Albert Einstein
59. ‘Gurusagaram’ was written by:
(a) Karunakara Guru (b) Narayana Guru
(c) Sukumar Azhikode (d) O.V. Vijayan
Ans. O.V. Vijayan
60. As part of the peace initiative between India and Pakistan a bus service was launhed from:
(a) Srinagar to Karachi (b) Srinagar to Rawalpindi
(c) Srinagar to Musafarabad (d) Kargil to Musafarabad
Ans. Srinagar to Musafarabad
Download Complete Solved Questions of SUB INSPECTOR TRAINEE Exam in pdf file