Model Questions and Answers for preparing Kerala psc Secretariat Assistant Examination January 2013.
1. To bring to book mean:
(a)To take the book
(c)Give an award
Ans. To punish
2. The expression ‘Tryst with Destiny’ was first used by Jawaharlal Nehru on the occasion of:
(b)August 14 night
(c)Quit India movement
(d)None of these
Ans. August 14 night
3. Alpha-Keratin is a protein present in:
4. To whom did Iltutmish dedicate the Qutab Minar?
(d)Qutabuddin Bhaktiyar kaki
Ans. Qutabuddin Bhaktiyar kaki
5. Winter Olympics 2014 will be held in:
6. The well known book ‘The Rediscovery of India’ has been written by:
Ans. Meghnad Desai
7. Yakshagan is the famous dance form of the state ..........
8. Bull fighting is the national game of:
9. Who discovered Super conductivity in 1911?
Ans. H.K. Onnes
10. Which of the following country won the Cricket Asia cup 2012?
11. Mahi, which is situated on the Malabar coast is a part of:
12. Who among the following Indian ruler was a contemporary of Akbar?
(c)Raja Sawai Jai Singh
Ans. Rani Durgavathi
13. Who developed Hydrogen Bomb?
(b)Wernher Venn Branu
(d)Robert open Heimer
Ans. Edward Teller
14. Deputy Speaker of Present Loksabha is:
(a)Ms. Sushama Swaraj
(b)Mr. Karia Munda
(c)Mr. Arun Jaitely
Ans. Mr. Karia Munda
15. A stick immersed in water appears bent due to the phenomena of:
(a)Reflection of Light
(b)Diffraction of Light
(c)Refraction of Light
(d)Dispersion of Light
16. Under Right to Education Act the children of which of the following age group are elegible to get free education?
(a)Up to 5 Years
(b)Between 6 and 10 Years
(c)Between 6 and 14 Years
(d)Between 8 and 12 Years
Ans. Between 6 and 14 Years
17. A line on a meteorological map joining places of equal rain fall is called:
18. Which one of the following is not a gland?
19. Which of the following was used as a chemical weapon in the First World War?
Ans. Mustard gas
20. Name the Italian tourist who was released by the Maoists in Orissa on 12 April 2012.
Ans. Bosusco Paolo