KERALA UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT GRADE II Examination 2005
1. B.R. Ambedkar was elected to the Constitutent Assembly from:
(a) West Bengal (b) The then Bombay Presidency
(c) The then Madhya Bharat (d) Punjab
Ans. West Bengal
2. Gupta dynasty was famous for:
(a) Art and Architecture (b) Imperalism
(c) Patronage of literary work (d) Revenue and land reforms
Ans. Patronage of literary work
3. The main religious practice of the Vedic Age was:
(a) Cow worship (b) Temple construction
(c) Performance of yagna (d) Pilgrimage
Ans. Performance of yagna
4. The Directive Principles of the Indian constitution aim at:
(a) Ensuring strengthening of the country’s independence.
(b) Ensuring individual liberty.
(c) Providing a social and economic base for genuine democracy in the country.
(d) The achievement of all these objectives.
Ans. Providing a social and economic base for genuine democracy in the country
5. Which of the following is a mixed fertiliser?
(a) CAM (b) Ammonium Sulphate
(c) Urea (d) NPK
6. World Environment Day is observed on:
(a) 5, June (b) 5, May (c) 5, July (d) 10, June
Ans. 5, June
7. Name the computer worm that hit the world computers on May 1, 2004.
(a) Sesser (b) Repot (c) Alissa (d) Waling
8. In which William Wordsworth’s poem does the much quoted phrase, ‘‘The child is the father of the man’’ appear?
(a) The Daffodils (b) The Rainbow
(c) The Skylark (d) The Solitary Reaper
Ans. The Rainbow
9. Name the world’s first dedicated education satellite launched by India.
(a) Eduinsat (b) Eduvsinsat (c) Edusat (d) EduSAC
10. Name the country which will host the World Football Championship in 2010.
(a) Australia (b) South Africa (c) Brazil (d) New Zealand
Ans. South Africa
11. According to the NRS - 2005, only business paper in the list of 10 highest read English Newspapers is:
(a) Hindu Business Line (b) The Economic Times
(c) Financial Express (d) Business Standard
Ans. The Economic Times
12. ATM stands for:
(a) Automatic Teller Machine (b) Any Time Machine
(c) Automated Teller Machine (d) None of the above
Ans. Automatic Teller Machine and Answer (C)
13. Name of the Indian Brand which has been declared the Best Brand of Telecommunication in World Communication Award 2004.
(a) VSNL (b) Airtel (c) Hutch (d) Idea
14. In which year the speed post was launched?
(a) 1985 (b) 1986 (c) 1976 (d) 1975
15. How many services presently come under the ambit of service tax?
(a) 75 (b) 74 (c) 71 (d) 72
16. ‘Rozgar Badhao’ is the slogan launched by which Prime Minister?
(a) Manmohan Singh (b) Rajiv Gandhi
(c) Indira Gandhi (d) Atal Behari Vajpayee
Ans. Manmohan Singh
17. Name the author of the book ‘‘Governance and the Scelerosis that has set in’’.
(a) Sharad Pawar (b) Gopal K. Gandhi
(c) Kapil Sibal (d) Arun Shourie
Ans. Arun Shourie
18. What is the eighth term of the sequence 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, ...........?
(a) 8 (b) 64 (c) 128 (d) 200
19. If x is a positive number, which of the following fractions has the greatest value?
(a) x/x (b) (x+1)/ x (c) x /(x+1) (d) (x+2) / (x+3)
Ans. (x+1)/ x
20. Naval Academy is located at:
(a) Cochin (b) Mumbai (c) Chennai (d) Kolkata
Ans. N/A , Correct Answer is Goa
21. Which country won the silver medal for Hockey in Athens Olympic 2004?
(a) Australia (b) Pakistan
(c) The Netherlands (d) Germany
Ans. The Netherlands
22. ‘Centrino’ is related to:
(a) Mobile technology (b) Photography
(c) Biotechnology (d) None of the above
Ans. Mobile technology
23. ‘Cartosat’ is related to:
(a) Cartoon (b) Mapping
(c) Transportation (d) None of the above
24. Sania Mirza is an Indian star in the field of:
(a) Badminton (b) Tennis
(c) Table Tennis (d) None of the above
25. One MB in computer memory is:
(a) 100 KB (b) 1024 KB (c) 1000 KB(d) None of the above
Ans. 1024 KB
26. To be extremely interesting:
(a) Captivate (b) Capture
(c) Cantankerous (d) Dazzling
27. To lead a simple life:
(a) Sparse (b) Spartan (c) Scurrilous (d) Spawn
28. To make one feel less tired:
(a) Retire (b) Exhaust (c) Suffer (d) Refresh
29. To feel very happy:
(a) Content (b) Euphoria
(c) Satisfaction (d) Morose
30. To please one by - praising:
(a) Reputation (b) Fawn (c) Redeem (d) Glorious