General Knowledge questions and answers for Postal/ Sorting Assistant Exam Preparation.
1. Who is the author of ‘speed post’?
Ans. Shobha De
2. Olavanna Model refers to
(c)Community based water supply
Ans. Community based water supply
3. Which of the following is an international project?
Ans. Kosi project
4. Freon gas is used in:
5. Galvanized iron is coated with a thin coating of:
6. Sputnik was launched on
Ans. October 4, 1957
7. How many players are there in a football team ?
8. Mein Kampf is the autobiography of:
9. Which is known as Hermit Kingdom?
10. The first English school in Kerala was established at
11. Law Advisor of the Central Govt. is:
Ans. Solicitor Genreral
12. Where is Visweswarayya Industrial and Technological Musium situated?
13. Which dance form is popularly known as ‘poetry in motion’?
14. KLM is the airline of:
15. Who said ‘child is the father of man’?
16. Who is the ex-officio chairman of planning commission
Ans. Prime Minister
17. Maginot Line demarcates the boundaries between
Ans. France and Germany
18. Indian currency system was converted into a decimal system from:
Ans. April 1, 1957
19. The battle of plassey was faught in the year
20. Who said ‘Swaraj is my birth right and I shall have it’?
21. Ibn Batuta came to India during the period of:
22. Kanchi was the capital of the:
23. The famous ‘Gayathri Manthram’ is in the:
Ans. Rig Veda
24. The headquarters of ILO is at:
25. The first UN Secretary General Trygve Lie from:
26. The longest night in the northern hemisphere is on:
Ans. December 22
27. Beyond Ten Thousand is a book written by:
Ans. Allen Border
28. The 73rd amendment to the constitution of India relates to:
Ans. Panchayat Raj
29. Who was the author of Aithihyamala?
Ans. Kottarathil Sankunni
30. The first woman judge of the supreme court belongs to:
31. World Footballer of the year 2011:
Ans. Lionel Messi
32. Fresco Painting deals with:
33. Second five year plan is based on the model of:
34. Kitab-ul-Hind written by:
35. The first atomic power plant in India was built at
36. Which of the following gases does not form part of the atmosphere?
37. A doctor advised a boy to wear spectacles with cylindrical lens. This is to rectify his:
38. The first secretary of INC:
Ans. AO Hume
39. The first country to speak about Non-Alignment was
40. The mineral present in thyroxine is:
41. Monozite is largely produced in the state of:
42. Who discovered Brazil ?
43. Which continent is divided into almost two equal parts by the equator?
44. The language ‘Dogri’ is spoken in:
45. The country in which Annie Besant was born:
46. The Director of the Malayalam movie ‘Parinayam’?
47. Nehru Award is instituted for:
Ans. International understanding and peace
48. Central Food Technological Research Institute is situated in:
49. Panini is associated with:
50. English East India Company set up during the period of:
51. Country known as Emerald Island:
52. Shora is the parliament of:
53. The actress who won Urvashi Award 4 times?
Ans. Shabana Azmi
54. Rhodesia is the name of:
55. Taj Mahal is on the kanks of river:
56. The festival Kumbhamela is celebrated in:
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
57. Bread basket of the world is:
58. The sun is composed mainly of:
59. Ferdinand de lesseps is associated with:
Ans. Suez Canal
60. The particle which is supposed to travel faster than light:
61. Zulus are the tribal people of:
Ans. South Africa
62. Old name of St. Petersburg?
63. Mercury is a:
64. A lantern for projecting images of object is:
65. Which of the following metals is not an element?
66. The french revolution took place in the .......... th century:
Ans. 18th century
67. In which year Azad Hind Fouj formed?
68. Where is the tomb of Kumaranasan built?
69. The first space craft that landed on Moon:
70. The minister who resigned from Central Cabinet during the wake of Chinese aggression?
(b)V.K Krishna Menon
Ans. V.K Krishna Menon