Solved Questions of Kerala psc Assistant Salesman Examination Conducted On 19-8-2006.
1. The Capital of Mysore during Tipu Sultan’s rule:
2. Which of the following is not a Fundamental Right?
(a) Right of property
(b) Right to equality
(c) Right against exploitation
(d) Right to freedom of speech
3. The administrative head of the State Government
(a) Chief Justice
(b) Chief Minister
(c) Law Minister
4. Who was the Prime Minister of Britain when India got Independence?
(a) Clement Atlee
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Harold Wilson
(d) Lal Bahadur Sastri
5. The Bhoodan Movement was launched by:
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Indira Gandhi
(c) Acharya Vinoba Bhave
(d) Antony Eden
6. India is a leading producer of:
7. The birthday of Dr. S. Radhakrishnan is celebrated as:
(a) Martyrs Day
(b) Farmers Day
(c) Children’s Day
(d) Teacher’s Day
8. Which one of the following rivers was known as the ‘River of Sorrow’?
9. The imaginary lines on maps joining the places having equal temperatures are known as
10. The smallest planet of the solar system:
11. The Indian who attended all the three Round Table Conferences
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Dr. B.R.Ambedkar
(d) Rajendra Prasad
12. What is the modern name of Formosa?
13. Who discovered circulation of blood in the human body?
(a) Joseph Lister
(b) William Harvey
(c) Ronald Ross
(d) Edward Jenner
14. The scientist who found out the ‘rare gases’ is:
(a) Louis Pasteur
(c) William Ramseay
15. What is the chemical name for baking soda?
(a) Calcium phosphate
(b) Sodium carbonate
(c) Sodium bicarbonate
(d) Sodium chloride
16. Where is bile produced?
(c) Gall bladder
17. The science of space travel is known as:
18. An acid which does not contain oxygen:
(a) Sulphuric acid
(b) Carbonic acid
(c) Nitric acid
(d) Hydrochloric acid
19. Which is the most chemically active element?
20. The most important part of a plant is
21. Chakiar Koothu is one of the impressive dance form of:
(a) Tamil Nadu
(b) Andhra Pradesh
22. Sabarimala is situated in the district
23. The first Education Minister of Kerala
(a) C.Achutha Menon
(c) Joseph Mundassery
24. The birth place of Sree Narayana Guru:
25. Thenmala is a destination for:
(a) Eco tourism
(d) Ayurvedic treatment
26. In 2005 the ‘Ezhuthachan Award’ was given to
(a) M.T. Vasudevan Nair
(b) S. Guptan Nair
(c) Thirunalloor Karunakaran
(d) T. Padmanabhan
27. The biggest backwater lake in Kerala:
(a) Chilka lake
(b) Ashtamudi lake
(c) Sasthamkotta lake
(d) Vembanattu lake
28. When did the first Commonwealth Games take place?
29. The author of Arthasastra
30. The creater of fictional school boy wizard named ‘Hary Potter’
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle
(b) R.L. Stevenson
(c) J.K. Rowling
(d) Joseph Conrad
31. Who wrote the book The Wings of Fire?
(a) P.V. Narasimha Rao
(b) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(c) Arunadhati Roy
(d) Salman Rushdie
32. Mother Theresa was a famous
(d) social worker
33. The Last Supper is a painting by:
(c) Leonardo da Vinci
(d) Michael Angelo
34. The Indian cricketer to score a triple century in Test Cricket
(a) Virender Sehwag
(d) Ravi Sastri
35. In which year did Dada Saheb Phalke produce the first feature film?
36. The theory of evolution was formulated by:
(b) Charles Darwin
(d) E.M. Joad
37. India’s first Atomic Reactor is installed at:
38. The plant which bears fruit only once in its life time:
39. Prophet Mohammed belongs to:
(b) Saudi Arabia
40. Who was the founder of Arya Samaj?
(a) Swami Vivekananda
(b) Annie Besant
(c) Dayananda Saraswathi
41. Which is the most important cause of soil erosion?
(a) Heavy rainfall
(b) Destruction of forests
42. Which one of the following states produce maximum rubber?
(b) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
43. The person who is known as the father of social reforms in India
(a) Gopala Krishna Gokhale
(b) E. Vidyasagar
(c) William Bentick
(d) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
44. What is Tsunami?
(a) Huge sea waves caused by earthquake
(b) A cyclone
(c) A fierce storm
(d) Volcanic explosion
45. Which Indian city is called the silicon valley of India?
46. Who among the following is a world famous agricultrual scientist?
(a) Dr. M.S. Swaminathan
(b) C.V. Raman
(c) Dr. S. Chandrasekhar
(d) J.C. Bose
47. Ramakrishna Mission was established by :
(a) Dayananda Saraswathy
(b) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(c) Chattambi Swamigal
(d) Swami Vivekananda
48. Which of the following is not a mammal?
49. Diabetes is caused due to the malfunctioning of
50. The rarest metal is:
51. The Chief Minister with two of his ministers ........... here
(d) have been
52. The news ........... not make me sad
53. You like vegetarian food, ............
(a) do you ?
(b) isn’t it?
(c) aren’t you?
(d) don’t you
54. I ........... the boy from the deep well
(c) am escaped
(d) am saved
55. He said to me that he .......... going abroad
(b) has been
(c) had been
56. I have been waiting for him ............ five hours
57. If you had invited him he ............. come.
(c) would have
58. He treated me as if I .......... his slave
(c) have been
59. A group of boys ............ singing since morning
(a) has been
(b) have been
(d) are being
60. The passive voice form of ‘My uncle helps me’ is:
(a) I am being helped by my uncle
(b) I have been helped by my uncle
(c) I am helped by my uncle
(d) My uncle has been helped by me
61. Unless .......... you will fail
(a) you do not work hard
(b) you work hard
(c) you do not work hardly
(d) you work hardly
62. When I reached everybody.............
(a) was left
(c) had left
(d) had been left
63. The correctly spelt word is ..............
64. MALADY means
65. The word most closely associated with HOSPITALITY is:
66. I am going to ........ library
67. We must abstain ............ creating environmental pollution
68. She ............ to India six years ago
(b) had come
(c) has come
(d) was come
69. I .......... my elders.
(b) am respecting
(c) have respect
(d) am respected
70. It ........... heavily last night
(b) has rained
(c) had rained
71. Find the missing number : 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, .........
72. Choose the odd one out : 4, 16, 6, 24, 8, 64
73. If 250 is increased to 300, what is the percentage increase?
74. A father is 25 years older than his son. 10 years ago father’s age was 6 times of his son’s age. What is the present age of son?
75. If 2 = 1, 3 = 3, 4 = 12, 5 = 60 then 6 = ............
76. The ratio of 9 second to 10 hours is ............
(c) 9 : 10
77. A person lost 10% when he sold goods at Rs.153. For how much should he sell them to gain 20%?
78. What will be xy if 7862 xy is to be divisible by 125?
79. If 12 + 8 = 208, 11 + 6 = 157, then 10 + 4 = .............
80. If New Delhi = 8, Aurangabad = 10 then Thiruvananthapuram = .............
81. If 2 = 0010 and 5 = 0101 then 9 = ...............
82. Choose the odd one out:
Jupiter , Pluto, Neptune, Mass, Mercury
83. If 4 × 4 = 8, 5 × 6= 15, 7 × 8 = 28 then 9 × 10 = ..........
84. Intense : Persistent : : Acute : ..............
85. Which is the missing pattern?
-0000+, 0-00+0, 00-+00, ............
86. Barometer : Hygrometer : ..........: ..........
(a) Mercury : Water
(b) Pressure : Humidity
(c) Rain : Cloud
(d) Cloudy : Sunny
87. If + indicates ×, –indicates ÷ and × indicates – then 2 + 6 – 4 × 1 = .............
88. A train of 100 metres long is running at the speed of 36km per hour. In what time it passes a bridge of 80 metres long?
(a) 30 seconds
(b) 36 seconds
(c) 20 seconds
(d) 18 seconds
89. If two - third of a bucket is filled in one minute then the time taken to fill the bucket completely will be ............
(a) 90 seconds
(b) 70 seconds
(c) 60 seconds
(d) 100 seconds
90. If a quarter kilogram costs Rs 60 then how much will cost for 150 grams?
(a) Rs. 30
(b) Rs. 24
(c) Rs. 36
(d) Rs. 40
91. Question Error
92. If 3 men or 6 boys can do a piece of work in 20 days then how many days with 6men and 8 boys take to do the same work?
93. Find the sum of first 100 natural numbers:
94. Two poles of heights 6 metres and 11 metres stand on a plane ground. If the distance between their feet is 12 metres then find the difference in the distance between their tops:
95. Question Error
96. How many balls of radius 4cm can be made from a solid sphere of lead of radius 8 cm?
97. The solutions to x2+6x+9 = 0 is .............
(a) x1 = +3, x2 = –3
(b) x1 = 3, x2 = 3
(c) x1 =-3, x2 = -3
(d) No solution
98. What is the chance of getting a 2 or 4 in rolling a die?
99. At what rate of simple interest per annum an amount will be doubled in 10 years?
100. The sum of a two digit number is 8. The number obtained by interchanging two digits exceeds the given number by 18. Find the number:
1. (d) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (a) 5. (c) 6. (b) 7. (d) 8. (a)
9. (b) 10. Correct answer is Mercury, 11. (c) 12. (a)
13. (b) 14. (c) 15. (c) 16. (a) 17. (b) 18. (d) 19. (a)
20. (d) 21. (c) 22. (b) 23. (c) 24. (d) 25. (a) 26. (b)
27. (d) 28. (b) 29. (a) 30. (c) 31. (b) 32. (d) 33. (c)
34. (a) 35. (c) 36. (b) 37. (c) 38. (d) 39. (b) 40. (c)
41. (b) 42. (c) 43. (d) 44. (a) 45. (b) 46. (a) 47. (d)
48. (c) 49. (b) 50. (c) 51. (c) 52. (b) 53. (d) 54. (b)
55. (d) 56. (b) 57. (c) 58. (d) 59. (a) 60. (c) 61. (b)
62. (c) 63. (b) 64. (a) 65. (d) 66. (a) 67. (c) 68. (a)
69. (a) 70. (d) 71. (c) 72. (d) 73. (b) 74. (d) 75. (d)
76. (b) 77. (a) 78. (b) 79. (a) 80. (d) 81. (c) 82. (c)
83. (b) 84. (d) 85. (a) 86. (b) 87. (a) 88. (d) 89. (a)
90. (c) 91. Question Error 92. (d) 93. (a) 94. (c)
95. Question Error 96. (b) 97. (c) 98. (c) 99. (a)