General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Postal | Sorting Assistant Examination.
1. The Booker Prize winner of the year 2012 is:
Ans. Hilary Mantel
2. The famous persian poet Firdausi lived during the reign of:
Ans. Mahmud of Ghaznavi
3. Sitara Devi is associated with which form of dance:
4. The sounds having a frequency of 20 Hertz to 20000 Hertz are known as:
Ans. Audible sounds
5. Who was the indian Flag bearer in London Olympics 2012?
Ans. Susil Kumar
6. Tapti river originates from:
Ans. Satpura range
7. The Indus Valley people worshipped:
Ans. Banyan Tree
8. Number of players on each side of the Volley Ball, Basket Ball, and Base Ball games respectively?
9. Plaster of Paris is obtained from:
10. What was Chandra Gupta II also known as:
11. Number of member countries affiliated with UNO:
12. Number of judges available in International court of justice:
13. Nobel prize winner for Literature for the year 2012?
Ans. Mo Yan
14. The first Law Minister of Independent India?
Ans. Dr. B.R Ambedkar
15. Who proposed the theory of Continental Drift theory, which states that part of the Earth’s crust slowly drift atop a liquid core?
Ans. Alfred Wegner
16. Which among the countries has the maximum number of Time Lines:
17. The route in which the first Electric-rail train in India, Deccan Queen moved:
18. The country which possess the highest longevity rate for man is:
19. Name of the rocky planet discovered by the astronomers [ in October 2012], it’s radius is twice that of Earth’s and it’s mass is eight times, made largely out of diamond and graphite:
Ans. 55 Cancri e
20. What is Gagan ?
Ans. It is the Indian Top-up to the USA’s Global Positioning System.
21. ‘Saraswathi Samman’ award is instituted by:
Ans. K.K Birla Foundation
22. ‘Tunnel of Time’ is the autobiography of:
Ans. R.K Laxman
23. Which organ of the body is affected by typhoid?
24. Who has been declared the “Cricketer of the Twentieth Century” by ICC?
Ans. Shane Warne