Model questions and answers from Malayala Manorama thozhilveedhi for Kerala psc Secretariat Assistant | Company, Corporation Assistant Exam preparation.
1. Spectacles used for viewing dimensional films have ..........?
2. ‘Light Year’ is used as a unit to measure:
3. In a sprayer the liquid rises in the tube due to:
Ans. Lower pressure at the upper end
4. The best conductor of heat among liquid is:
5. The image formed on the retina of the human eye is:
Ans. Real and inverted
6. Ampere is the unit of:
Ans. Flow of electric current
7. Instrument thatis used to convert AC to DC?
8. What is the unit of illuminance?
9. What is the colour of Hydrogen vapour lamp?
10. Who discovered cosmic rays?
Ans. R.A millikan
11. What is the shape of the Earth’s orbit around the Sun?
12. A shooting star is basically a:
13. Where is the National Remote Sensing agency situated?
14. Fuses are connected to the live wire in:
15. Speedometer of an automobile measures ..........?
Ans. Instantaneous speed
16. The three primary colours are:
Ans. Blue, Green and Red
17. Which part of the Sun is visible during total solar eclipse?
18. Mach number is used in connection with the speed of ..........?
19. Radio Isotopes are:
Ans. Isotopes that are radioactive
20. The process responsible for the enormous energy in the sun is ..........?
Ans. Nuclear fusion
1. The hottest part of the gas flame is known as:
Ans. Non luminous zone
2. The alloy used to produce permanent magnet is ..........?
3. Chemically baking soda is:
Ans. Sodium bicarbonate
4. Who discovered vulcanization?
Ans. Charles Goodyear
5. Alloy containing mercury is known as ..........?
6. The chemical which has the worst smell in the world?
Ans. Methyl mercaptan
7. The element added to matchstick is ..........?
Ans. Red phosphorus
8. Indigo is used in which industies?
Ans. Dyeing industry
9. Hypo used in photography is chemically ..........?
Ans. Sodium Thisulphate
10. The purity of primary gold is ..........?
Ans. 24 carat
11. The nature of Saliva is ..........?
12. The term ‘pH’ denotes the:
Ans. Acidity or basicity of solution
13. The greatest number of compounds are formed by the element:
14. If sodium salt is used in fire works, the colour imparted is:
Ans. Bright yellow
15. What is dry ice?
Ans. Solid carbon dioxide
16. The first artificial element is:
17. Aluminium is exctracted from:
18. Sea gets heated up and cooled down slower than the land because:
Ans. Water has a higher specific heat
19. Aquaregia is a mixture of hydrochloric acid and nitric acid in the ration of:
20. Ordinary glass, when kept for long, turns opaque, This is due to ..........?
Ans. The formation of crystallites