Current affairs 2012 for All Competitive Exams | Current affairs quiz September 2012 | PSC | SSC | UPSC | current affairs for civil services | Kerala MCA Entrance Exam | Current affairs for IBPS | SBI | Bank PO | RRB Exams
1. Who has been selected for J.C Daniel Award for 2011?
Ans. Jose Prakash
2. 2012 Nuclear Security Summit was held in?
Ans. Seoul, South Korea
3. Who is appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Kerala?
Ans. K. Jayakumar
4. Who has been awarded the ‘Pritzker Architecture Prize’ considered as Nobel prize in Architecture?
Ans. Wang Shu
5. Who is the first service provider to offer ‘4 G’ services in India?
Ans. Bharti Airtel
6. Who is the first women scientist to head a missile project in India?
Ans. Tessy Thomas
7. Where will be held shooting world championship in 2014?
Ans. Granada, Spain
8. Name the Indian player who won Thailand open grand prix gold title in Bankok 2012?
Ans. Saina Nehwal
9. Name the present Prime Minister of Greece?
Ans. Antonies Samraz
10. Daniel Hillel won the World Food Prize for 2012. He belongs to which country?
11. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has removed India from it’s list of Polio-endemic countries. Which countries are now left in the list?
Ans. Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria
12. A savings bank account with zero or minimum balance is known as?
Ans. No Frills Account
13. M R Venkatesh became India’s 28th Chess Grand Master in July 2012. He belongs to which state?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
14. Who is known as India’s Iron Butterfly?
Ans. Saina Nehwal
15. Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Yahoo!?
Ans. Marissa Mayer
16. Who is India’s permanent representative to United Nations (UN)?
Ans. Hardeep Singh Puri
17. Who is the new Managing Director of International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
Ans. Christine Lagarde
18. Who is appointed as the Secretary to the President of India recently?
Ans. Omita Paul
19. Name the only Indian who got Magsaysay Award of the year 2012?
Ans. Kulandei Francis
20. Who is the new Prime Minister of Egypt?
21. Who is the new Prime Minister of Serbia?
Ans. Evika Dasich
22. Who won the Kerala State Film award 2011 in the Best Actor Category?
23. Which country now allows women to divorce smoker husbands?
Ans. Saudi Arabia
24. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of India?
Ans. Justice Altamas Kabir
25. Which country won the highest number of medals in the London Olympics 2012?
26. What was the slogan of London Olympic 2012?
Ans. Inspire a Generation
27. Which Indian shuttler made the record of winnng Asian youth under 19 championship?
Ans. P.V Sindhu
28. Spain lifted the Euro cup 2012 defeating ...........?
29. Who is the coach of Indian football team that won the Nehru Cup recently?
Ans. Wim Kovermans
30. Name the player who won the first gold medal in London 2012?
Ans. Yi Siling (China)
31. Who is the captain of under 19 Indian cricket squad that won 2012 world cup?
Ans. Unmukt Chand
32. Who is the official brand ambassador for the World Cup T-20 to be held in Sri Lanka?
Ans. Lasit Malinga
33. Name the new chief of ICC?
Ans. Alan Isaac (Newziland)
34. Which famous cricketer’s autobiography is titled as ‘Straight from the heart’?
Ans. Kapil Dev
35. National Sports Day is celebrated on:
Ans. 29th August
36. Which team won the Sultan Azlan Shah cup 2012?
Ans. New Zeland
37. Who is the current champion of Ranji trophy?