General Knowledge Questions and Answers for:
PSC Company/ Corporation, Secretariat Assistant | IBPS | SBI | Bank PO | RRB | SSC | PSC | UPSC | Civil Service Examinations.
1. Who was the first Indian to win Nobel prize?
Ans. Rabindranath Tagore
2. Who has written the book ‘My Experiments with Truth’?
Ans. M.K. Gandhi
3. The border line between India and China is known as:
Ans.Mc Mahon Line
4. Which was the first talkie film?
Ans. Alam Ara
5. What is the name of first super computer made in India?
6. Thermometer was invented by:
Ans. Galileo Galilei
7. Birju Maharaj is a famous .......... Dancer.
8. Major R.S Rathore won a silver medal in the 2004 Olympics in .......... event.
9. The number of members in the Legislative Assembly of Karnataka is:
10. The number of districts in Karnataka is:
11. The state which contributes about 70% of the India’s coffee and silk is:
12. The price of Meghdoot post card is:
Ans. Rs. 0.25
13. Which country is having the largest number of post offices in the world?
14. What is the National Flower of India?
15. Vande Mataram was composed by:
Ans. Bankim Chandra Chattarjee
16. Which is the most widely grown fruit in India?
17. What is the name of India’s first satellite?
18. What are the hills surrounding Nainital known as:
Ans. Kumaon Hills
19. When something burns, which gas is used up?
20. The headquarters of South Western Railway is located at: