Bank Clerk Exam Orientation
General Awareness Model Questions
1. Many a times we read in newspapers about a term ‘dematerialization’. In context with the markets, what is dematerialization of securities?
Ans. Electronic holding of the shares replacing the paper securities
2. Name the identity cards which are being distributed to all persons above the age of 18 residing in the nine maritime states and four Union Territories under the national Population Register (NPR) scheme.
Ans. Resident Identity Card
3. What is the new disinvestment target set by the Union Budget for the fiscal year 2012-13 (in crores)?
4. How much percentage of fund allocated to the priority sector lending by the commercial banks in India, as stipulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), goes to Agricultural sector?
5. The book titled “The World Beneath His Feet” is the biography of which sportsman?
Ans. Pulela Gopichand
6. The Reserve Bank of India has introduced a new facility recently, via which the banks can dip below 1% of their statutory liquidity ratio to avail cash from this window. What is the name of this facility ?
Ans. Marginal Standing Facility
7. Name India’s first cruise missile that will travel at a sub-sonic speed developed by the Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO)?
8. Which is the first private sector employer of India to introduce the National Pension Scheme for its employees?
9. Which bank won the prestigious Asian Banker Achievement Award for being the strongest bank in Asia-Pacific region?
Ans. State Bank of India
10. The 5th edition of the World Energy Summit was held recently at:
11. Daniel Shechtman from Israel is the Nobel Prize winner of 2011. Which field does he relate to?
12. Who is the author of the famous novel ‘War and Peace’?
Ans. Leo Tolstoy
13. The 35th National Games will be held in:
14. Who is known as “The Grand Old Man of India”?
Ans. Dhada Bhai Naoroji
15. The currency of Myanmar is:
16. Which of the following countries is not a member of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)?
17. How many public sector banks are currently there in India?
18. Dhada Saheb Phalke awards are given by the Ministry of:
Ans. Information and Broadcasting
19. When milk is churned the cream from it is seperated by:
Ans. Centifugal force
20. Who is the cabinet minister of civil aviation department of the Union Government?
Ans. Ajith Singh