Police Constable | Assistant Grade | Secretariat Assistant | Typist Grade | Forester | Male Warder | Reserve Conductor | Last Grade | Confidential Assistant | Assistant Instructor | Lower Division Store Keeper
History and GK
1. Who was the first chief justice of the Supreme Court at Culcutta established under the Regulating Act of 1773 ?
Ans. Elijah Impey
2. The Archaeological Survey of India was set up during the viceroyalty of:
Ans. Lord Curzon
3. Which is the most ancient language of Indo-European language family ?
4. Who started the newspaper called ‘Voice of India’ ?
Ans. Dadabhai Naoroji
5. The official language of the Satvahanas was:
6. Under whose patronage was Sangam literature composed ?
7. Who deciphered the Brahmi script?
Ans. James Princep
8. Young India was founded by:
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
9. Who gave the call ‘Back to the Vedas’ ?
Ans. Dayanand Saraswati
10. Who established the Swadeshi Steam Navigation Company ?
Ans. V.O Chidambaram Pillai
11. At which place where the three Sangam Literacy Assemblies held?
12. The Sikh Kingdom of Punjab was annexed by the English East India Company in:
13. Who wrote ‘History of Dharam Sastra’?
Ans. P.V Kane
14. The first Indian Factories Act was passed in:
15. The Greek king defeated by Chandragupta Maurya was ruling from:
16. Who was the Chola king under whose reign Brihadishwar Temple of Tanjore was constructed?
Ans. Rajaraja I
17. Who was the President of Indian National Congress during the visit of Cabinet Mission in India?
Ans. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
18. Who was the writer of the book ‘The Indian War of Independence, 1857’?
Ans. V.D Savarkar
19. Where is Babur’s tomb situated ?
20. Which Mughal Emperor abolished the old custom of ‘Sizda’ ?
21. Who is known as the father of Renaissance?
22. Which American President is related with “Gettysberg speech”?
Ans. Abraham Lincoln
23. Which is popularly called as the Bloodless Revolution in World History ?
Ans. Glorious Revolution
24. The method which is used to determine the geological age of a fossil ?
Ans. Carbon 14 dating
25. Who has given the name Pacific Ocean to it?
26. Columbus reached America in the year:
27. “The fall of Bastille” was related to which revolution in World history?
28. Hijra (Muslim Calendar) started from which year ?
Ans. AD 622
29. The Astronomer who established the fact, ‘Sun is the centre of Solar System’ ?
30. The ‘Father of Scientific Socialism’ is:
Ans. Karl Marx
31. The organizer of ‘Young Italy Movement’:
32. The opponent of British army in Opium war (1839) was:
33. The father of Chinese Revolution is:
Ans. Sun Yat Sen
34. Who controlled the imoportant trade routes linking Mediterranean sea with China and India ?
35. The present name of Mesopotamia (the land between rivers) is:
36. Who is known as the Prophet of French Revolution ?
37. Which continent is called “the cradle of human civilization” ?
38. The Industrial Revolution began in:
39. ‘Sphinx’ denotes:
Ans. A creature in Egyptian Myth
40. What is meant by ‘Pax Romana’?
Ans. Roman Peace
41. The present president of UNO, Ban Ki Moon is hailing from:
Ans. South Koria
42. The mother tongue of Jesus Christ is:
43. The script which existed during the Sangam age?
44. The strength of elected members in the first Kerala Assembly?
45. Which was the first revolt that took place in Kerala to protest against untouchability?
Ans. Vaikom Satyagraha
46. The slogan ‘American Model Bharanam Arabikkadalil’ is related to:
Ans. Punnapra Vayalar Revolt
47. The first person who came to Kerala for propagating Islam.
Ans. Malik Dinar
48. Who was the author of the famous Sangam work ‘Manimekhalai’ ?
49. Which of the Travancore ruler abolished slave trade among their subjects?
Ans. Rani Gowri Lekshmi Bhai
50. Who was the founder of ‘Samatva Samajam’ ?
Ans. Vaikunta Swamikal
51. Integration of Travancore and Cochin took place in:
Ans. July 1, 1949
52. Who was the last Diwan of Kochi?
Ans. C.P Karunakara Menon
53. Whose period is called as the ‘Golden Age’ of ancient Kerala?
Ans. Second Chera Empire
54. When was Dutch East India company formed?
55. Kollam Era was started in:
Ans. AD 825
56. Laurie Baker who passed away recently was famous in the field of:
57. Nehru Boat Race is taking place in which backwater of kerala ?
58. Kuchipudi is a dance style which originated from:
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
59. Who founded the Banaras Hindu University ?
Ans. Madan Mohan Malaviya
60. Goa was liberated in:
61. The Champaran Satyagraha was started by Mahatma Gandhi in the year:
62. The President of the Indian National Congress at the time of Indian Independence was:
Ans. J.B Kriplani
63. The first women President of the Indian National Congress was:
Ans. Annie Besant
64. JallianwalaBagh massacre occurred on:
Ans. April 13, 1919
65. Delhi became the capital of India in:
66. Who was the first European to translate the Bhagwad Gita to English?
Ans. Charles Wilkins
67. The book ‘Prison Diary’ was written by:
Ans. Jayaprakash Narayan
68. Who is known as the Napolean of India?
69. Who gave the slogan ‘Inquilab Zindabad’?
70. The Indian National Calendar is based on:
Ans. Saka era
71. The first Indian university opened in 1857 was in:
72. Under which Indian emperor’s reign was the Juma Masjid in Delhi built?
Ans. Shah Jahan
73. Harsha Charita is written by:
Ans. Bana Bhatta
74. Gautam Buddha was born in:
75. Aryasamaj founded by?
Ans. Swami Dayanand Saraswati
76. Vasco da gama discovered the sea route to India in the year:
Ans. 1498 AD
77. When did Hitler die:
78. Who was the last Viceroy of India?
Ans. Lord Mountbatten
79. Who called the name ‘MAHATMA’ to Gandhi?
Ans. Rabindranath Tagore
80. Panchathantra is written by:
Ans. Vishnu Sharma
81. Amir Khusro was the famous court poet of:
Ans. Alauddin Khilji
82. Who completed the construction of Qutb Minar at Delhi?
83. Who was the first Mughal emperor of India?
84. Which Sikh Guru is said to have built the Golden Temple in Amritsar ?
Ans. Guru Arjan Dev
85. The first movement launched against the British in India was:
Ans. Swadeshi Movement
86. The slogan “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity is associated with”:
Ans. French Revolution
87. Kanishka was the follower of which religion?
88. The Prime Minister of Britain at the time of India’s independence was:
Ans. Clement Attlee
89. First battle of Panipat was fought in the year:
90. The principles of Buddha are called?
91. Who founded the Brahma Samaj?
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
92. Fa-Hien, the Chinese pilgrim, came to India in the year:
Ans. 399 A.D
93. Which was the first newspaper to be published in India?
Ans. Bengal Gazette
94. Who was the lady ruler of Delhi?
Ans. Razia Sultana
95. Burma was seperated from India in:
96. The first Muslim President of Indian National Congress was:
Ans. Badruddin Tyyabji
97. In the fourth Mysore war, the English defeated:
Ans. Tipu Sultan
98. The practice of Sati was declared illegal by:
Ans. Lord William Bentick
99. Who was the last ruler of the Mauryan Kingdom?
100. Who were the first European settlers in India?