Computer Awareness Questions for Kerala MCA Entrance | IT Officer Sample Paper | UGC NET Computer Science
1. Data will remain intact even when the computer is turned off, if it is stored on ..............
(c)secondary storage device
(d)primary storage device
Ans. (c) secondary storage device
2. The motherboard is the:
(a)circuit board that houses peripheral devices
(b)same as the CPU chip
(c)the first chip that is accessed when the computer is turned on
(d)circuit board that contains a CPU and other chips
Ans. (d) circuit board that contains a CPU and other chips
3. A(n) .............. converts and executes one statement at a time.
Ans. (d) interpreter
4. A .............. is equipment that might be added to a computer to enhance its functionality.
Ans. (d) peripheral device
5. Approximately how many bytes make one megabyte?
Ans. (d) One million
6. When you delete files on a Windows Computer, they go to:
Ans. (a) Recycle Bin
7. A directory inside a directory is called:
Ans. (d) Sub Directory
8. Which is the best definition of a software package?
(a)An add-on for your computer such as additional memory
(b)A set of computer programs used for a certain function such as word processing
(c)A protection you can buy for a computer
(d)The box, manual and license agreement that accompany commercial software
Ans. (b) A set of computer programs used for a certain function such as word processing
9. In MICR, C stands for ..............
Ans. (d) Character
10. Fax machines and imaging systems are examples of:
Ans. (b) imaging systems