Forester & Assistant Grade Exam Preparation | Model Questions from General Science | Physics
(Company/ Corporation/ Board)
1. Acoustics is the study of:
2. Who discovered x-rays?
3. Who propounded laws of electrolysis?
4. Who was the first astronomer to view Saturn’s rings?
5. Kelvin is the unit of ......... ?
6. Where was the first oil well struck in the world?
7. The metal chiefly used for galvanising iron is:
8. Breaking of a large hydrocarbon molecule into a smaller one by heating in the presence of a catalyst is called .........
9. In 1983, which person was the first to offer a definition of the term ‘Computer virus’?
Ans. Fred Cohen
10. Study of universe is called:
11. What controls the rate of chemical reaction in your body?
12. What is defined as the change in velocity over time?
13. What occurs when the earth blocks the sun’s light from the moon?
Ans. Lunar Eclipse
14. What metal is a liquid at room temperature?
15. What does the word ‘ayurveda’ literally mean?
Ans. Science of life16. The smallest bone in the human body?
17. The Father of Genetics is:
Ans. Gregor Mendel
18. What is dry ice?
Ans. Solid carbon dioxide
19. Who propounded the wave theory of light?
20. Who developed Yahoo?
Ans. David Filo & Jerry Yang
21. What was the first element to be produced artificially?
22. Who first identified electron?
Ans. J.J Thomson
23. Hottest planet of our solar system?
24. The average distance between the earth and the sun is called:
Ans. Astronomical unit
25. Who discovered Blood grouping?
26. What is the main constituent of coal gas?
27. Who proposed the correct model of DNA structure?
Ans. Watson and Crick
28. What is the flexible, bonelike substance that gives shape to your ears and nose called?
29. Stainless steel is an alloy of iron and .........
Ans. Chromium and Nickel
30. Which is the largest planet of our solar system?
31. Elements in the modern periodic table are arranged on the basis of their .........?
Ans. Atomic Number
32. Which scientist discovered the radioactive element radium?
Ans. Marie Curie
33. The vitamin that helps in blood clotting is .........
Ans. Vitamin K
34. Who discovered Penicilin?
Ans. Sir Alexander Fleming
35. Who was the first scientist to promote the idea that the Earth goes around the Sun?
Ans. Nicolaus Copernicus
36. The telephone was invented by:
Ans. Alexander Graham Bell
37. Watt is the unit of .........?
38. A nuclear reactor works on the principle of nuclear:
39. Ampere is the unit of .........?
Ans. Electrical Current
40. Who invented Barometer?
41. Who invented Dynamite?
Ans. Alfred B. Nobel
42. Joule is the unit of .........?
43. What is the instrument used to measure distance in a car called?
44. Which planet is known as the Red planet?
45. Who discovered the circulation of blood?
Ans. William Harvey
46. The National Science day is celebrated on .........
Ans. February 28
47. Who invented the battery?
Ans. Alessandro Volta
48. The Science dealing with tumor is .........
49. Who is called the father of Cloning?
Ans. Dr. Ian Willmut
50. Instrument that is used to convert DC to AC ?
51. First satellite launched by India was:
52. Name the layer which makes radio communication possible on the earth:
53. The first winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics is:
54. The particle which is supposed to travel faster than light:
55. A ‘breath test’ used by traffic police to check drunken driving uses:
Ans. Turmeric on filter paper
56. What is the source of electric energy in an artificial satellite?
Ans. Solar Cells
57. At what temperature the readings in the Centigrade and Fahrenheit temperatures will be exactly same?
Ans. Minus 40 degree
58. Surface tension in a liquid is due to:
Ans. Cohesive force between the molecules
59. The gas used for artificial fruit ripening is:
60. Hygrometer is used for:
Ans. Finding out relative humidity in the atmosphere
61. Which gland known as ‘Gland of Emergency’ ?
Ans. Adrenal gland
62. What is the main component of bio-gas and natural gas?
1. A GM counter is used for detecting:
2. Optical fibre works on the principle of:
Ans. Total internal reflection
3. There is no atmosphere on the moon because:
Ans. The escape velocity of the gas molecules is lesser than their root mean square velocity here
4. The technique used to transmit audio signal in television broadcast is:
Ans. Frequency modulation
5. The bats are able to fly in the dark since their wings produce:
Ans. Ultrasonic waves
6. Light year is a unit of:
7. Rain drops are spherical due to:
Ans. Surface tension
8. The image formed on the retina of a human eye is:
Ans. Real and inverted
9. IC chips for computer are usually made up of:
10. A rainbow is formed by the ......... of light by water droplets:
Ans. Dispersion and total internal reflection
11. Hydrometers are used to determine:
Ans. Specific gravity of liquids
12. Dentist’s mirror is a:
Ans. Concave mirror
13. In order to study internal atomic structure of crystals we use:
14. Newton’s second law gives the measure of:
15. Centripetal force needed to keep the moon in its orbit around the earth is supplied by:
Ans. Gravitational pull of earth