Current affairs 2012 for All Competitive exams | Current Affairs Quiz March 2012 | gk questions | General knowledge | IBPS | SBI | Bank PO | RRB | SSC | PSC | UPSC | MBA Entrance | MCA Entrance | Railway exams
1. Name the freedom fighter with picture of whom Rs.5 coin would be introduced by RBI.
Ans. Bhagat Singh
2. Name the news search engine introduced by Rediff.com
Ans. Relatime News Search
3. Tiger brand is associated with which company?
4. Name the cricketer who was honoured with lifetime membership of the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Which country has been ranked as the world’s richest country in the list compiled by US magazine Forbes?
6. Which country did India beat to qualify for London Olympics men’s hockey 2012?
7. Name the service that is to be launched by Times Group to enable viewers to watch movies and TV shows online.
8. Name the football player who led India to the gold in the inaugural Asian Games in New Delhi who passed away recently.
Ans. Sailendra Nath Manna
9. Who won the Allan Border medal (Australia cricketer of the year) award 2012?
Ans. Michael Clarke
10. Which west Asian country approved for new constitution recently?
11. Which model of Nokia phone has been built with 41-megapixel sensor camera?
Ans. Nokia 808 Pureview camera phone
12. Name the digital music store launched by flipkart.com.
13. Name the online property search portal launched by HDFC in Kolkata
Ans. HDFC Red
14. Name the application launched by Vigyan Prasar and IGNOU as a free SMS service for mobile users that delivers content on science and related areas.
15. Name the Kerala-based UAE business magnate who was awarded with Interfaith Harmony Award at Kuala Lumpur.
Ans. M.A.Yusuf Ali
16. Which country has India agreed ‘in-principle’ to the participation in hydro power-projects in the North-East?
17. Name the Tech-savvy state which set a record by winning the National Tourism Award for its website for 5th time in last 10 years.
18. Who has been appointed as brand ambassador of fruit drink maker rasna?
Ans. Genelia D’souza
19. Name the book which is set to be launched by model-turned-actress Diana Hayden.
Ans. A Beautiful Truth
20. Who has been awarded the Pritzker Architecture Prize considered as Nobel prize in Architecture?
21. Which railway station became the first railway network to offer BluFi, a combination of Bluetooth and WiFi to provide information to passengers?
Ans. Bangalore City Railway Station
22. Name the Indian golfer who qualified for The Open Championship to be played in July at the Royal Lytham St Annes.
Ans. Anirban Lahiri
23. Which state bagged the second best national award in the Comprehensive Development of Tourism category?
24. Name the men’s mixed doubles winner of the ATP Dubai Open 2012.
Ans. Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna
25. Who won the men’s singles of ATP Dubai Open 2012?
Ans. Roger Federer
26. Name the Indian American filmmaker who won the ’2012 Rising Star Award’ for his feature film ’9 Eleven’ at the Canada International Film Festival.
Ans. Manan Singh Katohora
27. Who has been elected as Russian President recently?
Ans. Vladimir Putin
28. Name of Taslima Nasreen’s autobiography?
29. Who is World’s shortest man as per recent Guinness World Records ?
Ans. 72-year old Chandra Bahadur Dangi of Nepal
30. Name the Romanian Prime Minister who quit recently.
Ans. Emil Boc
31. Name the Maldives President who was appointed after Mohamed Nasheed quit.
Ans. Mohammad Waheed Hassan
32. Which singer is launching her own social networking website exclusively for her fans?
Ans. Lady Gaga [www.littlemonsters.com]
33. Which country released world’s highest resolution lunar images taken by its 2nd moon orbiter, Chang’e-2?
34. Who was honoured with Lata Mangehkar award by the Madhya Pradesh government recently?
Ans. Rajesh Roshan
35. Why zebras have black and white stripes (recently solved mystery)?
Ans. To keep blood-sucking files away
36. Who was honoured with a posthumous Grammy award for his contributions to the music industry in area other than performance?
Ans. Steve Jobs