General English Mock Test for all PSC exams.
Try to answer these questions by selecting one of the options.
1. The opposite of ‘abide’ is :
2. No letters ......... by the postman this evening.
(a) have been delivered
(b) is delivered
(c) has been delivered
(d) was delivered
3. He ......... from Chennai last week.
(a) has returned
(c) had returned
(d) will have returned
4. They are always late ,.........
(a) Isn’t it?
(b) Aren’t they?
(c) Are they?
(d) Is it?
5. The opposite of ‘Artless’ is:
6. This boy is afraid ......... the dog.
7. Geriatrician is a doctor specializing in:
(a) medical care and treatment of old people
(b) heart disease
(c) Parkinson’s disease
(d) children’s disease
8. ......... do you get up in the morning ?
(a) At what
9. The opposite of "encounter" is :
10. The more you get, ......... you spend.
(a) the more
(c) the most
11. She asked me ......... I could type.
12. The clerk ......... helped us didn’t expect anytihing in return.
13. I shall say what .........
(a) I liked
(b) I would like
(c) I had liked
(d) I like
14. The passive voice of the sentence - "Some one has locked the room" is :
(a) The room is being locked
(b) The room has been locked
(c) The room is locked.
(d) The room locked.
15. I have been reading this book ......... the beginning of the year.
16. The antonym for ‘valuable’ is:
17. The meaning of ‘jaunt’ is :
(c) a short trip
(d) a long trip
18. Opposite of the word ‘veteran’:
19. The opposite of the word ‘sharp’ is:
20. Hardly had I reached home ......... it began to rain.