December 2011 Examination
Introduction to IT
I. Fill in the blanks. Answer ALL questions.
1. A .......... is a collection of documents in organized form, available on the internet or on CD- ROM.
2. A .......... is where your website is stored so that when some one types in your domain name your website appears on their computer.
3. The .......... system integrates hardware, software, and data capturing, managing analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
4. A ........... Is an application that provides a way to look at and interact with all the information on the World Wide Web.
5. HTTP stands for ..........
6. PHP scripting block always start with .......... and ENDS with ..........
7. SGML stands for ..........
8. The .......... is a standard protocol for secring credit card transactions over insecure networks, specifically, the internet.
9. ATM stands for ..........
10. The .......... is a system of transferring money from one bank account directly to another without any paper money changing hands.
II. Explain briefly. Answer any TEN questions.
1. Explain database Entity. Attribute and Relationships.
2. Explain Multimedia Application in Education.
3. Explain World Wide Web and Interactive TV.
4. Explain the advantages of Java script.
5. What is Web browser? List the most commonly used Web browsers for Windows users.
6. Explain Mail Server and FTP server.
7. Explain the PHP logical operators.
8. Explain the PHP conditional statement with example.
9. Explain briefly about HTML.
10. Explain Online Stock Trading.
11. Explain Encryption and Decryption.
12. Distinguish between B2B and B2C.
13. Explain URL.
III. Answer any FIVE questions. Explain in detail.
1. Write a short note on internet? Mention its advantages and disadvantages?
2. Explain Electronic data processing and what are the elements of Electronic data processing?
3. Explain GIS, features of GIS and application of GIS.
4. Explain the features of Browser.
5. What is web server? Explain the types of web servers.
6. Explain with example, the For loop and the While loop of Java Script.
7. Explain Electronic Mail Security.