Assistant Salesman/ Conductor
Model Question Paper
1. Arundhathy Roy got Booker Prize for the year:
2. The most powerful organ of UNO:
Ans. Security Council
3. Doctor’s day (July 1) is observed on the birth day of:
Ans. Dr. BC Roy
4. Who said this “To err is human and to forgive is divine”?
Ans. Alexander Pope
5. The Mauryan emperor who embraced Buddhism and became its greatest patron:
6. Who founded the city of Siri?
Ans. Alauddin Khilji
7. The most famous ruler of Gupta dynasty:
Ans. Chandragupta II
8. Capital of Kanishka was:
9. Who wrote ‘Arthasastra’?
10. The first women to become Union Minister in India:
Ans. Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
11. Abraham Lincoln was the …………… th president of USA:
12. Who was known as ‘Lady with the Lamp’?
Ans. Florence Nightingale
13. Antonio Agostinho Neto led the freedom movement in:
14. Who discovered Cuba?
15. The US president who was elected unopposed:
Ans. George Washington
16. The last king of Sunga dynasty:
17. Father of White revolution in India:
Ans. Varghese kurien
18. Who was called ‘Gurudev’?
19. The first Chinese pilgrim to visit India:
20. Lingaraja temple is in:
21. Ruins of ancient Buddhist university can be seen at:
22. Agra is on the banks of:
23. The largest cave temple in India:
24. The largest island in the world:
25. Which is known as ‘Blue Mountains’?
26. Britain of the South:
Ans. New Zealand
27. The present name of Constantinople:
28. The ancient Olympics was held for the first time in …………… BC.
29. Merdeka Cup is related to:
30. In which year US astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin landed on Moon:
31. The Judge who resigned in 2011 in connection with impeachment proceedings in Parliament:
Ans. Soumitra Sen
32. Polygraph is otherwise known as:
Ans. Lie detector
33. Heat radiation is measured by:
34. The number of basic symbols in Roman numeration:
35. Speed of light is maximum in ……………….
36. The isotope using for radio carbon dating:
37. What is known as the ‘King of poisons’?
38. Which cash crop was most benefitted by Green Revolution in india:
Ans. Sugar Cane
39. Hydrophytes are grown in:
40. Which organism has the largest number of ribs?
41. The venue of President’s Trophy boat race:
Ans. Ashtamudi lake
42. Trachoma is a disease of:
43. The nearest celestial body to Earth?
44. The first space tourist:
Ans. Dennis Tito
45. Falkland Islands belong to:
46. “The Lodge” is the official residence of the prime minister of:
47. The native land of Lepchas:
48. In which year Indian states were reorganized under linguistic basis for the first time?
49. Jhulum, Chenab, Ravi, Beas and Sutlej are the tribuataries of:
50. Which dynasty constructed Charminar?
Ans. Qutub Shahi
51. The prime minister who was instrumental in the formation of RAW:
Ans. Indira Gandhi
52. Who is India’s first economic thinker?
Ans. Dadabhai Navroji
53. The Surat split of INC was in the year:
54. The first European to invade India:
55. Who introduced market regulations in Medieval India?
Ans. Alauddin Khilji
56. Who introduced separate civil service for Indians?
57. The total number of electors belongs to Parliament in the Presidential Election:
58. The work of Thomas More which describes an ideal state:
59. The first Congress chief minister of Kerala:
Ans. R Sankar
60. The district in Kerala with the largest number of Grama Panchayats :