Coaching Questions on GK for PSC Exams
1) Election Commission of India came into being on?
Ans. 25th January 1950
2) The oldest national song in the world is that of:
3) Who was the first Keralite to be nominated to Lok Sabha:
Ans. Dr. Charles Dias
4) The motto ‘Satyameva Jayate’ was taken from:
Ans. Mundakopanishad (Mundaka Upanishad)
5) Which was the first railway line in Kerala?
Ans. Beypore - Tirur Railway Line in 1861
6) Who is the only Kerlaite woman to become a state Governor?
Ans. Justice Fathima Beevi
7) Malayalee Memorial agitation was submitted to Sree Moolam Thirunal in:
8) Which leader was called as “Father of Indian Unrest” by the British?
Ans. Bal Gangadhar Thilak
9) Which ruler of Kochin started Thrissur Pooram?
Ans. Shanthan Thampuran
10) Who was the originator of the slogan ‘Inquilab Zindabad’?
Ans. Muhammad Iqbal
11) Which Indian State other than Kerala has hornbill as the official bird?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
12) In which river is ‘Kuruva Dweep’ Island situated?
Ans. Kabani River
13) In which war Marthanda Varma defeated the Dutch?
Ans. Kulachal War (Battle of Colachel)
14) Young India and Harijan were the newspapers started by?
15) Indian National Congress splitted for the first time in:
Ans. 1907 (Surat Session)