Kerala University B.Sc Computer Science
Multimedia Systems Question paper
Sixth Semester Bsc. (Computer Science) Degree Examination, March 2011
PART - A
Answer any ten questions. Each question carries 3 marks.
1. Define multimedia ?
2. Differentiate microphone and loudspeaker?
3. Define Temporal resolution of images?
4. What are functions of filters?
5. Explain NTSC and PAL?
6. Differentiate lossy and lossless compression mechanisms?
7. Define analog and digital video?
8. What is meant by MP3?
9. Define QOS (Quality Of Service)?
10. Explain LZW compression?
11. How to select the frame rates for a multimedia video stream?
12. What is meant by Fractal images?
13. Define DPCM audio compression?
PART - B
Answer any five questions. Each carries 6 marks.
14. What is meant by Hepermedia?
15. Differentiate CDs and DVDs?
16. What is meant by quantization?
17. Explain application of a low-pass filter?
18. What is meant by multistage compression?
19. Define multimedia synchronization?
20. What is meant by JPEG compression?
21. Explain requirements of Internet for multimedia applications?
PART - C
Answer any one question. Each question carries 15 marks.
22. Explain in detail the applications of multimedia for entertainment, education and health science?
23. Discuss various methods of video compression with comparative advantages and disadvantages?