DCA Previous Question
C Dit Examination December 2011
Introduction to Programming
Maximum Marks: 100
I. Fill in the blanks. Answer all questions.
1. The pictorial representation of the programs or the algorithm is known as .........
2. ......... is the language of a computer and is the only language that is directly understood by the computer.
3. A quantity which may vary during program execution is called .........
4. ......... is used to printout a message, either on screen or paper.
5. The ......... is a common data structure for representing things that need to maintain in a particular order.
6. ......... is a process by which a function calls itself repeatedly, until some specified condition is satisfied.
7. Variables declared within function are called ......... variables.
8. Sequential programming is also called ......... programming.
9. All C statements must be terminated by a .........
10. ......... are nothing but a single name to a whole group of similar data.
(10 x 1 = 10)
II. Explain briefly. Answer any Ten questions.
1. Explain algorithm and flowchart with an example?
2. Explain about the characteristics of a computer?
3. Describe various generations of computers.
4. Explain C program character set?
5. What are the data types in C?
6. Explain IF statement with an example?
7. Write a program to find sum of two matrices?
8. What are strings? Explain various types of string handling functions with example?
9. Explain about stack?
10. Describe linked list?
11. Write the purpose of structure with an example?
12. Explain rotate through carry?
13. Explain about binary trees?
(10 x 4 = 40)
III. Answer any Five questions. Explain in detail.
1. Define a programming language? Explain types of programming language?
2. Define storage classes? Explain about various types of storage classes?
3. Write notes on various operators available in C with examples?
4. What are pointers? Explain pointers as arguments and pointers and one dimensional array with example?
5. Write a program to calculate the Fibonacci numbers?
6. Give a brief account on implicit and explicit type conversions?
7. Define tree? What is tree traversal? Explain various types of tree traversal?
(10 x 5 = 50)