Police Test General Awareness Questions and Answers
1. Who was the first woman Governor of an Indian State ?
Ans. Sarojini Naidu
2. Who is the first non-Indian to receive the Bharat Ratna ?
Ans. Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
3. Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi has distinguished herself in the field of..........
Ans. Vocal Music
4. Which of the following is not correctly matched ?
Ans. M.F. Hussain–Tabla
5. Who said, “You give me blood, I will give you freedom” ?
Ans. Subhash Chandra Bose
6. Nobel Prizes are not given for which of the following fields ?
7. When is the ‘International Women’s Day’ observed ?
Ans. March 8
8. Indra Nooyi is the Chief Executive Officer of which company ?
9. The 2008 Olympics will be held in.........
10. 6th April, 1930 is well known in the history of India because this date is associated with ……
Ans. Dandi March by Mahatma Gandhi
11. The concept of ‘Din-e-Elahi’ was founded by which king ?
12. The central point in Ashoka’s Dharma was.........
Ans. Religious toleration
13. Mahatma Gandhi for the first time practised his Satyagraha in India at..........
14. ‘Do or Die’ was one of the most powerful slogans of India’s freedom struggle. Who gave it ?
15. Who among the following formed a party named as ‘Forward Block’ ?
16. Jaspal Rana is a distinguished athlete in which of the following games ?
17. ‘The Dronacharya Award’ is associated with.........
Ans. Sport Coaches
18. The author of ‘Gitagovinda’ was...........
19. Who wrote the book ‘India Wins Freedom’ ?
Ans. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
20. Baba Amte is famous as a ………
Ans. Social Worker
21. Where are the Dilwara Temple’s located ?
Ans. Mt. Abu
22. Who was the first Indian lady to preside over the Congress ?
Ans. Annie Besant
23. In India, there are three crop seasons. Two of them are Kharif and Rabi, name the third one ?
24. In India agriculture of jute is maximum on which Delta area ?
25. The most discussed Tehri Dam Project is located in which of the following States ?